Echelon Connect Sport Indoor Spin Bike $599

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2021 3:46 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1895 posts
1270 upvotes
Calgary
Yousuf99 wrote: This vs the Nordictrack vu19... Which is better? Planning on buying one?
Peloton
Sep 15, 2021
8 posts
10 upvotes
Pleton is too expensive ... Looking for something 700ish range.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
629 posts
1402 upvotes
ottawa
Yousuf99 wrote: Pleton is too expensive ... Looking for something 700ish range.
If you want to do high intensity workouts then, you need spin bike. Therefore, echelon will work better as you can do them as well as adopt the spin bike to be more of an upright bike as well
If you want more relaxed workouts, doing some reading, watching tv etc, upright bike will work for you better. Therefore, nordictrack is for you. However, to change it into a spin bike for high intensity workouts is not possible.
However, with Nordictrack you are getting one year subscription vs three months on echelon. Consider price difference here including subs. Some included workouts, better warranty….
Also, with echelon it’s possible to use other workout apps like peloton, Zwift etc with QZ application is a plus.
I think the main question would be what type of workouts you are planning on doing and what is it you are trying to do. To lose some weight, greatly improve your cardio for that you need spin bike or, get away from routine, your desk get some movement …upright bike will work just fine.
Last edited by gena_mak on Oct 9th, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6568 posts
2206 upvotes
I have a friend with this that doesn't want to pay monthly for classes are there any free or cheaper options for classes?
Apr 24, 2019
50 posts
41 upvotes
gena_mak wrote: If you are referring to Echelon EX3 on Amazon then, at this particular point Echelon Connect is better because it is available.

Other than that Echelon EX3 is higher model, better built, electronic resistance, pedals with clips, heavier flywheel… I picked up couple of them for myself and my daughter, it was a great deal while it lasted very very short time.
What was the ex3 going for on amazon?
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
629 posts
1402 upvotes
ottawa
kodiberra wrote: What was the ex3 going for on amazon?
The best price now is on Amazon and Best Buy site for $999
Sep 15, 2021
8 posts
10 upvotes
gena_mak wrote: If you want to do high intensity workouts then, you need spin bike. Therefore, echelon will work better as you can do them as well as adoption it to be more of an upright bike as well
If you want more relaxed workouts, doing some reading, watching tv etc, upright bike will work for better. Therefore, nordictrack is for you. However, to change it into a spin bike for high intensity workouts is not possible.
However, with Nordictrack you are getting one year subscription vs three months on echelon. Consider price difference here including subs. Some included workouts, better warranty….
Also, with echelon it’s possible to use other workout apps like peloton, Zwift etc with QZ application is a plus.
I think the main question would be what type of workouts you are planning on doing and what is it you are trying to do. To lose some weight, greatly improve your cardio for that you need spin bike or, get away from routine, your desk get some movement …upright bike will work just fine.
Thanks alot for your detailed response. Seems like echelon is better for me then Slightly Smiling Face
Jan 7, 2019
131 posts
45 upvotes
Bought for reg $7, great product has lasted and works very well, would buy again if it broke after a couple years for sure
Jan 25, 2010
273 posts
329 upvotes
Winnipeg
Will this box fit into a compact car (corolla)? Looking to pickup and save the $50 shipping fee.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1816 posts
2411 upvotes
GTA
So it’s been 4 months and my bike won’t turn on.

Think it’s the power adapter - has anyone else has this issue?

No help from echelon so far.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
629 posts
1402 upvotes
ottawa
georgecantstandya wrote: So it’s been 4 months and my bike won’t turn on.

Did you try calling them? I had couple of small issues with my ex4s and they were great. I would say went overboard with parts I could go without but, nice to have spares.
Last edited by gena_mak on Oct 13th, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 17, 2006
524 posts
245 upvotes
Calgary
georgecantstandya wrote: So it’s been 4 months and my bike won’t turn on.

Have you tried contacting them over Facebook Messenger at all? I've had a few issues with mine and they are much more receptive that way.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1816 posts
2411 upvotes
GTA
gena_mak wrote: Did you try calling them? I had couple of small issues with my ex4s and they were great. I would say went overbooked with parts I could go without but, nice to have spares.
cdogg26 wrote: Have you tried contacting them over Facebook Messenger at all? I've had a few issues with mine and they are much more receptive that way.
So I contacted them via. chat and after requesting proof of purchase they sent a replacement AC adapter. Very good customer service - I'm pleasantly surprised.

Cheers.
Oct 2, 2014
175 posts
215 upvotes
Madden, AB
Anyone know if they Costco workaround to get 1 year of free classes still works?
Mar 6, 2013
336 posts
141 upvotes
Been using this bike since Black Friday of last year - it's been great. Use it daily (30 mins), and no problems. Also, don't want to say this too loud but for many Echelon Canada subscribers, after your free trial runs out, the subscription stays active....
Jul 15, 2018
896 posts
1330 upvotes
Rob fords basement
toaster5 wrote: Been using this bike since Black Friday of last year - it's been great. Use it daily (30 mins), and no problems. Also, don't want to say this too loud but for many Echelon Canada subscribers, after your free trial runs out, the subscription stays active....
Do you mean it stays active for free or they bill you even though you cancelled?
Mar 6, 2013
336 posts
141 upvotes
Nubby666 wrote: Do you mean it stays active for free or they bill you even though you cancelled?
free.... Remove your credit card as soon as you set up your free trial so they can' t bill you, and cancel the subscription (effective the date the trial ends), for some reason it continues to work. Mine was a 6 month free trial and it still works (about 5 months after the trial was to end) without being charged.
Jul 15, 2018
896 posts
1330 upvotes
Rob fords basement
toaster5 wrote: free.... Remove your credit card as soon as you set up your free trial so they can' t bill you, and cancel the subscription (effective the date the trial ends), for some reason it continues to work. Mine was a 6 month free trial and it still works (about 5 months after the trial was to end) without being charged.
To even cancel my trial i need to contact them apparently...