Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

Echelon Connect Sport Spin Bike $699

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2021 5:31 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 26, 2008
112 posts
168 upvotes

[Walmart] Echelon Connect Sport Spin Bike $699

D758775C-EC18-499B-BBF2-DBA75D8CE48A.jpeg
For those still looking to set up their own home gym, the Echelon Connect Sport Spin Bike is back in stock and a good alternative to some of the other bikes out there.

This model was built specifically for Walmart, all Echelon’s other bikes are +1k plus and have been sold out for a while now.

If you ship to a near by location and pick up you can save the shipping charge.

Reviews online are positive so far:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SpinClass/comm ... m_walmart/

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/th ... in-at-499/



FYI
Be aware of Walmart’s new horrible COVID-19 return policy if you plan on buying.

“We will not accept returns on any opened products or any item without a receipt if purchased after March 20.”

There is a whole other thread about it here: new-walmart-canada-return-policy-temporary-2363745/
62 replies
Sr. Member
Sep 26, 2015
617 posts
313 upvotes
iMarketing wrote: OOS
Definitely not OOS, just ordered one. Not sure if i'll keep it, but buy now think later. Thanks OP.
Sr. Member
Apr 16, 2019
506 posts
522 upvotes
2.jpg
nagooro wrote: Definitely not OOS, just ordered one. Not sure if i'll keep it, but buy now think later. Thanks OP.
Thank you.
See attached screenshot, this is what I saw before I posted above. Just checked again. Same.
So I bought from Walmart Canada app. It worked. Just in case this happens to someone else. Hopefully it does not.
Thank you OP too. The youtube video you posted above sold me. It looks like a great deal and a lot cheaper than some other bikes they make.
They charged me for bike, $25 shipping & hst and the app says delivery on June 29th.
2.jpg
Sr. Member
Sep 26, 2015
617 posts
313 upvotes
iMarketing wrote: 2.jpg

Thank you.
See attached screenshot, this is what I saw before I posted above. Just checked again. Same.
So I bought from Walmart Canada app. It worked. Just in case this happens to someone else. Hopefully it does not.
Thank you OP too. The youtube video you posted above sold me. It looks like a great deal and a lot cheaper than some other bikes they make.
They charged me for bike, $25 shipping & hst and the app says delivery on June 29th.
2.jpg
That's odd. Maybe a browser/cookies issue, who knows. Torn between this or the Schwinn IC4, which is another $300..

114 left on walmart.ca
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
23741 posts
188762 upvotes
GTA
Just make sure you factor in the subscription costs, and if you *don't* subscribe, how does this affect the bike's functionality?
Newbie
Aug 31, 2010
34 posts
60 upvotes
I've had this bike a few weeks now and am really glad I got it. Instructions are clear and easy enough to assemble with the included tools. It's well-built, very solid and important to me: magnetic resistance means it's a quiet and smooth ride. Handlebar layout is great. Cage pedals are okay, might switch them out for clip-ons later.

I am not a spin studio junkie though I love spinning and prefer hill climbs than all-out speed. Resistance levels run from 1-32 and it's enough for my needs. I wish the resistance turn-knob was more like Keiser's resistance lever, easier to use.

Music makes all the difference so I do my own routine to my own music. I use the Echelon app for the real-time readings (speed, cadence, distance, time, calories). I don't subscribe to Echelon's classes ($), or use a third-party app like Strava or Zwift. When I need to be more challenged I'll try Peleton's free trial or see what's available on youtube.

How does the IC4 compare? From what I skimmed... resistance level goes to 100, has a charging port and includes a heartrate monitor. Flywheel is heavier? Their app isn't as well-rated. Might be a better fit for very tall riders.

These extras could make a big difference to some and people seem to really like their IC4. But your call if it's worth an extra $300. IC4 wasn't in stock when I was looking. All the Echelon reviews on Walmart are very true to my experience and they're mostly favourable.

Good luck with your decision!
Newbie
Jul 9, 2017
70 posts
56 upvotes
tadpole wrote: I've had this bike a few weeks now and am really glad I got it. Instructions are clear and easy enough to assemble with the included tools. It's well-built, very solid and important to me: magnetic resistance means it's a quiet and smooth ride. Handlebar layout is great. Cage pedals are okay, might switch them out for clip-ons later.

I am not a spin studio junkie though I love spinning and prefer hill climbs than all-out speed. Resistance levels run from 1-32 and it's enough for my needs. I wish the resistance turn-knob was more like Keiser's resistance lever, easier to use.

Music makes all the difference so I do my own routine to my own music. I use the Echelon app for the real-time readings (speed, cadence, distance, time, calories). I don't subscribe to Echelon's classes ($), or use a third-party app like Strava or Zwift. When I need to be more challenged I'll try Peleton's free trial or see what's available on youtube.

How does the IC4 compare? From what I skimmed... resistance level goes to 100, has a charging port and includes a heartrate monitor. Flywheel is heavier? Their app isn't as well-rated. Might be a better fit for very tall riders.

These extras could make a big difference to some and people seem to really like their IC4. But your call if it's worth an extra $300. IC4 wasn't in stock when I was looking. All the Echelon reviews on Walmart are very true to my experience and they're mostly favourable.

Good luck with your decision!
IC4 also transmits data directly to Zwift, whereas this Echelon doesn't. They close data transmission to force a subscription to their own service.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
23741 posts
188762 upvotes
GTA
tadpole wrote: I've had this bike a few weeks now and am really glad I got it. Instructions are clear and easy enough to assemble with the included tools. It's well-built, very solid and important to me: magnetic resistance means it's a quiet and smooth ride. Handlebar layout is great. Cage pedals are okay, might switch them out for clip-ons later.

I am not a spin studio junkie though I love spinning and prefer hill climbs than all-out speed. Resistance levels run from 1-32 and it's enough for my needs. I wish the resistance turn-knob was more like Keiser's resistance lever, easier to use.

Music makes all the difference so I do my own routine to my own music. I use the Echelon app for the real-time readings (speed, cadence, distance, time, calories). I don't subscribe to Echelon's classes ($), or use a third-party app like Strava or Zwift. When I need to be more challenged I'll try Peleton's free trial or see what's available on youtube.

How does the IC4 compare? From what I skimmed... resistance level goes to 100, has a charging port and includes a heartrate monitor. Flywheel is heavier? Their app isn't as well-rated. Might be a better fit for very tall riders.

These extras could make a big difference to some and people seem to really like their IC4. But your call if it's worth an extra $300. IC4 wasn't in stock when I was looking. All the Echelon reviews on Walmart are very true to my experience and they're mostly favourable.

Good luck with your decision!
I was thinking that no one would buy this with the intention of not getting the subscription, then I looked at the prices of magnetic resistance bikes and now I understand why that might actually make sense. This is quite reasonably priced vs. the competition.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5315 posts
11060 upvotes
Ottawa
iMarketing wrote: 2.jpg

Thank you.
See attached screenshot, this is what I saw before I posted above. Just checked again. Same.
So I bought from Walmart Canada app. It worked. Just in case this happens to someone else. Hopefully it does not.
Thank you OP too. The youtube video you posted above sold me. It looks like a great deal and a lot cheaper than some other bikes they make.
They charged me for bike, $25 shipping & hst and the app says delivery on June 29th.
2.jpg
Walmart blocks certain VPNs for some reason. You need to disable it to be able to order.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 26, 2008
112 posts
168 upvotes
evanwier wrote: You can use the Schwinn with Peleton/Zwift/other apps is my understanding where as the Echelon only works with Echelon (and can export SOME data to strava)
From my understanding you can use it with all the same apps just not all functions work the same.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2420 posts
2078 upvotes
Vancouver
Ducky90 wrote: From my understanding you can use it with all the same apps just not all functions work the same.
Google says Echelon does not work in any way shape or form with Zwift or Peleton apps.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 26, 2008
112 posts
168 upvotes
evanwier wrote: Google says Echelon does not work in any way shape or form with Zwift or Peleton apps.
Read the reviews and search online, it does not connect to Peleton but there is nothing stopping you from using the apps following along and using a resistance conversation chart just like with all spin bikes.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2420 posts
2078 upvotes
Vancouver
Ducky90 wrote: Read the reviews and search online, it does not connect to Peleton but there is nothing stopping you from using the apps following along and using a resistance conversation chart just like with all spin bikes.
Defeating the entire purpose.. but sure.
Sr. Member
Oct 22, 2007
584 posts
701 upvotes
I just bought the nordictrack s15i last week. Decent since the bike auto declines/inclines and adjusts residence based on the ride you are doing.
Newbie
May 17, 2020
11 posts
3 upvotes
Good to know! Thanks. Do you know which heart rate monitor is compatible with the bike and app?
Sr. Member
Apr 16, 2019
506 posts
522 upvotes
1. Thank you seafish, good advice.
2. I ordered Echelon connect sport early morning on the 19th from Walmart and it was delivered on Sat June 20 for $25 plus hst
Screenshot_20200621_022115_com.viatek.fitnation.echelon_android.jpg
IMG_20200620_192156.jpg
I was emailed on the 19th I would get it on the 22nd. Without any notice, it was delivered on June 20th. Luckily no one stole it from the front poarch. It was left on its side versus upright, see attached picture.
This great bike can be used without $30-35 monthly subscription in freestyle mode if you are just looking for a basic smooth ride/ workout, see attached screenshot. I think a smartwatch with a heart rate monitor is better if you want to lose weight. Time will tell...

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)