Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Fisher Price Rock n' Play Soothing Seat 50% off ($60)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2020 3:26 pm
[OP]
Mar 31, 2016
13 posts
31 upvotes

[Walmart] Fisher Price Rock n' Play Soothing Seat 50% off ($60)

Fisher Price Rock n Play Soothing Seat, regular price at Walmart - $119, marked down to $60. Although other retailers sell under $100 this is the best deal I have seen.

FYI I have learned that the Rock n Play Sleepers are no longer sold in the US, due to a recall. Please ensure to do your research before purchasing !
Images
  • sleeper.jpg
Last edited by Chrissbean on Apr 11th, 2020 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
8 replies
Aug 9, 2019
10 posts
71 upvotes
This item was probably the most useful baby product we had. I highly recommend it!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
7025 posts
433 upvotes
I could recommend this product I had. Used it with our first baby.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2127 posts
1350 upvotes
Cambridge
Not sure if they changed anything with this version but they did recall these in may of 2019
Recall Notice
Nov 29, 2017
20 posts
15 upvotes
I don't get how this product is still sold in Canada after the recall in the USA. It's linked to almost 60 deaths in 2019.
[OP]
Mar 31, 2016
13 posts
31 upvotes
Thanks for the info! i just checked to be safe. there was one recall in Canada, but for a different model number. There was a recall in the US of may 2019 for all rock n play sleepers, looks like they no longer sell this item in the US anymore. i'll update the original post!
Jun 25, 2012
123 posts
118 upvotes
Montreal
So my understanding is, previous version was labeled as a sleeper, where parents would let their baby sleep all night in it, and the baby was old enough to roll over and had problem breathing..
It was marketed for that, and now the new version is called a soothing seat.

Was looking for something similar that the baby would always use under supervision, but I'm hesitant now. Our firstborn is due this summer, not sure if this product is enough or I should go with more features, like a cradle/swing with overhead mobile.
Dec 5, 2010
112 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
We bought this for our first born a year ago and it was great. He did fall asleep on it so it was effective for naps. It was always in our main room so we had a close eye on him and his breathing. As soon as he was able to roll however, we took him off it for safety reasons. When we saw the recall in the US a few months ago, we were not surprised as it's definitely risky to put them in it for a whole night. It's amazing for a newborn to nap in if you are monitoring though.
Mar 14, 2009
402 posts
506 upvotes
Toronto
We used a sleeper like this and a swing. Also closely supervised but in my experience that's a hard standard to live up to with kids around and so much else to get done when they nap.

Having reviewed the recall and expert advisory on these kinds of sleepers (not just this one) and also sleeping in car seats I won't do it ever again. On their back in an empty crib or kangaroo carry in a carrier only. Sucks because sometimes they just won't sleep!