Hot Deals

Walmart

Fitness Reality 810XLT Power Cage and with the Super Max 1000 12 Position Weight Bench - $379

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2021 7:26 pm
[OP]
May 20, 2004
666 posts
556 upvotes

[Walmart] Fitness Reality 810XLT Power Cage and with the Super Max 1000 12 Position Weight Bench - $379

$379 for both. Amazon sells the cage alone for $443.97. I previously purchased this combo for $443.97 which I thought was a great price, but this is much better. Free shipping.

Pair it with this deal for weight holders:
amazon-ca-yes4all-olympic-weight-plate- ... 9-2466689/
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 8th, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
355 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2875 posts
4111 upvotes
Great cage, especially at that price for the combo. I have it, but with the 2000 bench.

Don't worry about the strength of the cage. It will probably support more than you will ever lift, unless you're maybe a competitive pro.

700+lb drop test from height.

Nov 24, 2006
502 posts
279 upvotes
london
Exellent price/vaule ratio if you are looking for a starter/beginner rack and bench combo. Nothing fancy but gets the job done. Bottom line there's no better value out there
Dec 28, 2007
521 posts
197 upvotes
Ottawa
I just built this the other day. I bought it at $440 and called today to get a price adjustment. Great cage, finally can workout again.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
1523 posts
274 upvotes
Great deal with the bench. Considering how easy to resell the bench for 150, almost no one should be getting the CAP POWER rack for 180 which provide zero safety features.

One more thing to consider when getting a powerrack is not just the weight capacity, but the add ons and price of add ons too. Will you want the dip attachment, weight plate attachments or band pegs?

While I don't think people will outgrow the weight capacity of these racks, I think they may want a rack with more versatility when it comes to add ons(or included add ons) if you have gone to the gym and want something that mirrors the gym experience more.

https://www.tworepcave.com/3006/power-r ... 3_Hardware

This is a list of possible add ons for racks.

https://www.amazon.ca/Fitness-Reality-A ... 914&sr=8-2

This is an attachment set a lot of people are getting for the above rack. If your going to get another set of J cups, a weight plate holder for stability and the dip attachments, you might as well get a heavier duty rack with these attachments already included.
Feel the wraith of the Old English Sheepdog.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
1618 posts
960 upvotes
How much to add pulleys to this?

I'm still justifying keeping the mercy rack because it came with pullies.
Nov 24, 2008
278 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
Damn that was an entertaining video.
Sam can edit.
Caerus wrote: Great cage, especially at that price for the combo. I have it, but with the 2000 bench.

Don't worry about the strength of the cage. It will probably support more than you will ever lift, unless you're maybe a competitive pro.

700+lb drop test from height.

Dec 25, 2017
175 posts
125 upvotes
Vancouver
Walmart is pretty awesome for selling this at a sensible price. Hell, they even price adjusted even though I got the rack a month ago at 443.

Re. the rack, it is pretty good but the welds can be a bit rough. Two of my bar attachments were not welded properly (had holes at the welds) but the support from the manufacturer was excellent! They fedex'ed replacement parts straightaway without too much fuss.

The other issue I have with the rack is that it feels kinda cramped inside the cage. I bumped my new barbell against the barbell holder and it took out a bunch of the cerakote coating. So watch out for the cramped interior.

On that same note, the small size works to your advantage if it is inside your home...in my case, inside my damn living room :-)
Jul 27, 2020
7 posts
3 upvotes
I feel like this is a price error and they accidentally used the USD price. $379 USD is roughly $450 CAD. This is a top tier value.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4282 posts
4497 upvotes
Alberta
Damn. Trying to order but shows $75 for shipping?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2875 posts
4111 upvotes
djpate86 wrote: Damn that was an entertaining video.
Sam can edit.
Yea, their videos have been getting really entertaining lately.

Just goes to show though that you don't need a high end brand with 11 gauge steel just for your home. A decent budget rack like this will support anything the vast majority of people can lift, or will ever lift.
Nov 9, 2009
136 posts
93 upvotes
Brampton
PerformingAzura wrote: How much to add pulleys to this?

I'm still justifying keeping the mercy rack because it came with pullies.
The Fitness reality lat pulldown down attachment cost almost as much as this rack and bench combo and it's hard to get, I ordered it from the states, came out to over 300

The set is awesome, and it's perfect for what I need. But if I had to do it all over again I would of paid a bit more for something else.
Jan 9, 2014
909 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
Why is this in expired ? Still in stock
Jul 27, 2020
7 posts
3 upvotes
Weird, it still shows free shipping for me. Maybe its location based.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4282 posts
4497 upvotes
Alberta
I already have a bowflex 4.1s bench. I would have got this deal if it wasn't for the $75 shipping. I have no gym experience and I want to start piecing some equipment together at home and start a workout routine. I want to get the concept2 rower and one of theses cages should be another pickup. What's a good cage to get if I already have a bench? I'd like to get something that can be upgraded easily with quality accessories with good availability. I'm not looking to do heavy lifting because I'm not built that way, but would still want a good cage. Any recommendations? I'm not in a huge rush, because I think I want the rower next, so a killer deal may be what I need. I only have the bowflex dumbbells and bench so far plus a life fitness elliptical.
[OP]
May 20, 2004
666 posts
556 upvotes
Pharmer wrote: Why is this in expired ? Still in stock
Not sure, I was sent a message from an RFD mod saying that the post didn't comply with RFD rules, but wasn't specific about why. So it was moved to expired I guess because of that?
Mar 16, 2011
750 posts
193 upvotes
arejay wrote: The Fitness reality lat pulldown down attachment cost almost as much as this rack and bench combo and it's hard to get, I ordered it from the states, came out to over 300

The set is awesome, and it's perfect for what I need. But if I had to do it all over again I would of paid a bit more for something else.
What store/site in the states did you order from?
Apr 12, 2005
831 posts
4724 upvotes
Question: can you mount the pull up bars upside down (safely)? A touch tall for my basement.
PSN: sixb0nes