Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Free Lindt Swiss Luxury chocolates - SCOP (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2016 3:19 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 7, 2006
105 posts
183 upvotes

Free Lindt Swiss Luxury chocolates - SCOP (YMMV)

19 pc box. Sign/tag says $9.98, scans at $14.98. STC and Cedarbrae Walmarts in Scarborough fixed their signs.
25 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6254 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Fixed their signs? That means deal is dead!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4485 posts
2119 upvotes
sandikosh wrote: Fixed their signs? That means deal is dead!
not necessarily, could be working at other locations....
Nov 7, 2015
30 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I find stores never honour the free/$10 off when items scan at a higher price unless you fight them for it, which I never do.
Feb 21, 2003
779 posts
211 upvotes
sk8ertor wrote: I find stores never honour the free/$10 off when items scan at a higher price unless you fight them for it, which I never do.
I've never had anybody put up a fight. You point to the sticker and they do it. And I think it's only fair since a bunch of people before you probably overpaid.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6254 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Actually, not free.
According to SCOP:
If the product scans in at a price HIGHER than the price listed on the shelf, the customer is entitled to receive the item free, up to a $10 maximum (customer will receive $10 off when the item costs $10 or more).
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Apr 23, 2013
42 posts
15 upvotes
Cold Lake
sandikosh wrote: Actually, not free.
According to SCOP:
The price on the shelf is less than $10. The price with the scanner is higher. Product is free by SCOP.
Nov 28, 2013
502 posts
227 upvotes
Alicibiades wrote: The price on the shelf is less than $10. The price with the scanner is higher. Product is free by SCOP.
That's not how it works.

Say a piece of electronics says $5.00. Scans at $500. You get it for free?

Good luck buddy.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2014
1362 posts
1791 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Scubatorx wrote: That's not how it works.

Good luck buddy.
IT IS how it works, they have to give you the item for the price advertised, and give you 10$ off. So yeah, if it's tagged at 5$(mind you with the right sku) they have to give it to you for free.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2008
1122 posts
1174 upvotes

Good luck buddy.
Of course that's how it works.

Otherwise, if it works the way you think it works, they could tag an article for $5, have it scan for $500, and then generously offer you the item for $490 instead. They could simply raise the scan price of everything by $11 and make a fortune on the unsuspecting (and still profit on everyone else) if that were the case.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2008
1301 posts
434 upvotes
10$ off the adverised price and not the scanned price. So as long as advertised price is $10 or less its free.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3784 posts
2780 upvotes
Airdrie
sandikosh wrote: Actually, not free.
According to SCOP:

"If the product scans in at a price HIGHER than the price listed on the shelf, the customer is entitled to receive the item free, up to a $10 maximum (customer will receive $10 off when the item costs $10 or more)."
Did you even read your own quote? Actually free.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1273 posts
873 upvotes
canada
sk8ertor wrote: I find stores never honour the free/$10 off when items scan at a higher price unless you fight them for it, which I never do.
So you're a pushover and get walked on. Seems about right
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1306 posts
1551 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Yep got quite a few items discounted by maximum $10 dollars. If priced below $10 dollars then they it will be considered 'free'.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1273 posts
873 upvotes
canada

Good luck buddy.
Information givers like this who have never put in 10 worth of study are what's wrong with forums.

It unequivocally works like that.sit down
Banned
Oct 8, 2014
238 posts
120 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Since, i have working in the retail industry for alomost 13 years i guess i can make a comment
see example how the policy works
Case 1
Sale Price: 9.99
Scan Price: 19.99
The Customer services personal would have to match the SKU (bar code) of the product with the tag on the shelf if they match
the employee would scan the product as return -19.99 and rescan as sale for 9.99 and then their internal code to give (like store coupon) of -9.99 making the bill come to ZERO before taxes (hence you pay nothing)

Case 2
Sale Price: 19.99
Scan Price: 29.99
The Customer services personal would have to match the SKU (bar code) of the product with the tag on the shelf if they match
the employee would scan the product as return -29.99 and rescan as sale for 19.99 and then their internal code to give (like store coupon) of -10.00 making the bill come to 9.99 before taxes (hence you pay taxes on only 9.99)

Case 3
Sale Price: 9.99/ lb
Scan Price: 19.99/ lb
The Customer services personal would have to make sure that its it same product that is on sale
the employee would scan the product as return -19.99/lb and rescan as sale for 9.99/lb and then their internal code to give (like store coupon) of but you only get the FIRST LB free you have to pay for the rest and if the sale price is higher than $10 and your purchase is more than $10 then it would $10 off.

Now that is just the policy there are always exceptions to the policy made by store manager/ supervisor/ customer service rep.
There have been cases where I have gotten the product free because the self price and the scan price did not match (regardless if the SKU did not match)
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
1465 posts
558 upvotes
The SCOPE is managed by the Retail Council of Canada (RCC) you can read the full details of the code here.

I actually had to school some HomeDepot managers on this code a few days ago. They had an item listed online at a cheaper price than what was scanned in stores the website says its sold in stores and at the store I was at.

Homedepot employees seem to be under the impression that SCOPE only works if the price on the shelf in the store is lower than what the items scans for and claims it does not apply to the website which is does because its an advertise price.
Nov 25, 2012
408 posts
1074 upvotes
North York
1.1 On a claim being presented by the customer, where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store, the lower price will be honoured; and

(a) if the correct price of the product is $10 or less, the retailer will give the product to the customer free of charge; or
(b) if the correct price of the product is higher than $10, the retailer will give the customer a discount of $10 off the corrected price.
http://www.retailcouncil.org/scanner-accuracy
Sep 9, 2007
239 posts
86 upvotes
wow its amazing how many RFD's have no idea how SCOP works.... It is 10 dollars off the lower price

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)