Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

FREE Paper Mate Profile Mech, Mechanical Pencil Set 4pk or Elmer's Glue Stick, 3/Pack with SCOP - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2021 3:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
5475 posts
47205 upvotes

[Walmart] FREE Paper Mate Profile Mech, Mechanical Pencil Set 4pk or Elmer's Glue Stick, 3/Pack with SCOP - YMMV

Walmart has advertised in the flyer, Paper Mate Profile Mech, Mechanical Pencil Set, 0.7mm #2 Pencil Lead, Assorted Barrel Colours, 4PK for $5.97. (they are scanning at the store for $6.97)

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=7164117925

Also, Elmer's Disappearing Purple Glue Stick, 3/Pack is advertised for $6.37. Online the price is $3.98.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=6155061666

Under SCOP, both would qualify as being Free. YMMV depending on employees/manager.

https://www.retailcouncil.org/scanner-p ... consumers/
Images
  • Screenshot (1158).png
38 replies
Jul 23, 2020
81 posts
77 upvotes
I don't think you can get Elmer's glue for free. As flyer price and store price are same. Walmart Employee/Manager can always say that online price could be different, in order to get that price you have to order it online, or the best they'd price match to online but not the free.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
5475 posts
47205 upvotes
Thatdeal wrote: I don't think you can get Elmer's glue for free. As flyer price and store price are same. Walmart Employee/Manager can always say that online price could be different, in order to get that price you have to order it online, or the best they'd price match to online but not the free.
That's what I thought until someone pointed this out to me.

If an item is priced lower online than on the shelf, and the item scans at the shelf price in store, does the Scanner Price Accuracy Code apply?

If the webpage says it applies to only certain locations and the location in question is not listed, the code does not apply; however, if the store is listed, it applies. If there is no mention of which stores the webpage is applicable to, it is assumed to be applicable to all stores and the code would apply.
Oct 14, 2015
132 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks!

Grabbed pencils in Winnipeg after going through the usual annoying process with the cashier (oh, I'll just override to the online flyer price. Oh you want it for free? Well is this our flyer? Is it for Walmart west? Is it current? Oh we don't accept online flyers for comparison. Oh, you have a flyer from the front of the store? *Begrudgingly overrides price to zero*)
Dec 20, 2010
361 posts
450 upvotes
Ottawa
lightning wrote: They should be just matching the online price

https://www.walmart.ca/en/help/faq/ad-m ... 2d65b08614
Policy or not their website clearly shows what the in store price is if you go to the trouble of scrolling to the find in-store section of the page.

For example

Gatineau Supercentre
Boul. Maloney Et Montée Paiement
5.1 km from your location
In stock
Price in-store:$6.37
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1313 posts
2010 upvotes
Centre of the Univer…
hill15 wrote: Check your local Walmart. Energizer 38 AA and 26 AAA packs are on sale for $14.97 (reg. $19.97) Scanning at $19.97 in limited stores.

I was able to get one of each for $4.97.

AA
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=3980091058

AAA
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=3980091059
I have been wondering how did you find all those good deals you posted, I didn't take advantage on all of them, but many of them are great deals indeed.

Btw, CO51 has $1 cashback for any size & variety of Energizer batteries
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
5475 posts
47205 upvotes
CertainSomeone wrote: I have been wondering how did you find all those good deals you posted, I didn't take advantage on all of them, but many of them are great deals indeed.

Btw, CO51 has $1 cashback for any size & variety of Energizer batteries
I was looking online yesterday morning and a few items seemed odd to me. I was at Walmart and they didn't scan at the flyer price.

CO51 is for 20 count or less.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1209 posts
388 upvotes
Markham ON
thanks, got the mechanical pencils!!!!!!
Think Less, Imagine More
Imagine Not Being A University Of Waterloo Computer Engineering Dropout...😃
Costco is Bliss
Apr 24, 2012
184 posts
209 upvotes
Orillia
Upvote from me for a Walmart SCOP deal.
May 28, 2016
373 posts
171 upvotes
personally I never had this SCOP thing before...I had price scanned differently...and they only change it to the lower price...
let me know if anyone got the things for FREE...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
5475 posts
47205 upvotes
gowifi wrote: personally I never had this SCOP thing before...I had price scanned differently...and they only change it to the lower price...
let me know if anyone got the things for FREE...
Yes, got about 10 wiper blades for free last week.
Yesterday, free pencils and Ziploc 44pk containers for $1.97 (instead of $11.97)
Thursday, 38 AA and 26 AAA Energizer batteries for $4.97 each.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2004
1030 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
My flyer shows correct price of 6.97...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
5475 posts
47205 upvotes
killer_chan wrote: My flyer shows correct price of 6.97...
Seems strange, I'm still showing $5.97 in the flyer.
Nov 15, 2017
347 posts
665 upvotes
WEST CANADA
There's frugal, then there's being cheap, and finally there's this, scum licking at the bottom of the barrel.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
2140 posts
908 upvotes
Toronto
zebracobra007 wrote: There's frugal, then there's being cheap, and finally there's this, scum licking at the bottom of the barrel.
Not gonna justify what every buyer is doing, whether they are buying these to flip, or because they are buying it since inflation is high, or even because of the fact that retail stores charge these prices high already. It's not like retail stores are gonna go bankrupt because of this. Only select few who knows about RedFlagDeals know about these workarounds. I personally wouldn't throw a fit against them. Everyone has their own reasons for why they do what they choose to do.
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped