Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

Freezers - Walmart $128 3.5 cu ft Chest Freezer

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2020 7:52 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3312 posts
1696 upvotes
Ottawa
damn. I wish they had these like 3 months ago.
Newbie
Dec 14, 2006
70 posts
105 upvotes
I would not recommend buying a freezer from Walmart.ca. Mine came all dented up and I am still stuck with it.

They have ghosted me completely from all replies after 5+ phone calls and 3 escalations, promising me that I'll hear back from them 2-3 days after each escalation and that they are going to schedule someone to pick up my freezer. After being fed up from their lies, I filed a chargeback.

walmart-arctic-king-5-0-cu-ft-chest-fre ... #p33367989

Can't believe how ridiculously bad their customer service is.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 20, 2003
2002 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
kthxbye wrote: Thank you OP.

Funny story, I purchased a 5 cubic feet chest freezer from homedepot last week. They didn't have shipping available and thinking I could fit it in my sedan. Suffice to say people had a good time laughing at me trying to get the box into the back seat of my sedan. I neglected to take into account that the doors don't open to a 90 degree angle.
So.. how did you get it home? Serious question, because I don't want to end up in the same situation. :)
Sr. Member
May 2, 2015
585 posts
530 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kthxbye wrote: Thank you OP.

Funny story, I purchased a 5 cubic feet chest freezer from homedepot last week. They didn't have shipping available and thinking I could fit it in my sedan. Suffice to say people had a good time laughing at me trying to get the box into the back seat of my sedan. I neglected to take into account that the doors don't open to a 90 degree angle.
Unfortunately VPN doesn't work in situations like this
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 19, 2005
4931 posts
2153 upvotes
Vancity
This is hot...I mean cold. Has anyone calculated or measured how much in electricity does it cost to run a freezer like these for a year?
signature closed for renovation
Member
User avatar
Oct 17, 2017
201 posts
318 upvotes
Ottawa
Koolatron is usually available from Costco for 189.99. is Artic a better brand.
Images
  • IMG-20200507-WA0019.jpeg
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
1021 posts
563 upvotes
maxpayne77 wrote: Koolatron is usually available from Costco for 189.99. is Artic a better brand.
I was always curious about this Koolatron as well. I always walk by it at costco, but there is never an open display one for me to look at it.

Looks like Arctic is OOS so I might just get the Koolatron
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
1745 posts
1230 upvotes
swaghunter wrote: I was always curious about this Koolatron as well. I always walk by it at costco, but there is never an open display one for me to look at it.

Looks like Arctic is OOS so I might just get the Koolatron
I'd get the Koolatron simply because of Costco's customer service. Dealing with Walmart with a bad unit is a nightmare.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8362 posts
8598 upvotes
Thanks OP! Great deal, and considering it's only 50lbs, if there's any issue I'll just lug it back to Walmart for a return, no biggie.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1370 posts
585 upvotes
Toronto
Grabbed the Arctic chest freezer. Amazing price! Thanks OP!!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 14, 2017
1045 posts
1455 upvotes
Toronto
hot_potato wrote: So.. how did you get it home? Serious question, because I don't want to end up in the same situation. :)
I didn't. I took it back to the store and got a refund.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
15554 posts
5960 upvotes
kthxbye wrote: Thank you OP.

Funny story, I purchased a 5 cubic feet chest freezer from homedepot last week. They didn't have shipping available and thinking I could fit it in my sedan. Suffice to say people had a good time laughing at me trying to get the box into the back seat of my sedan. I neglected to take into account that the doors don't open to a 90 degree angle.
At least you didn't try to fit a shed into a hatchback.
.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
3011 posts
4899 upvotes
beachlover wrote: Yes. Bought one a month and a half ago when this finally was $175, to prepare for covid's second wave. Super quiet.

Btw, better value than the cheaper chest freezers because I've observed second hand small uprights resell quickly and for only a little less than new. The chest freezers don't.
Get another. Since people have are being asked to make less trips to the store, people need to stock up for a week or two. For that, you need to freeze things.
Public Mobile customer with a 20GB plan
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
26069 posts
10754 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Stromboli wrote: Great thanks, Now I can stop playing tetris.
Not for 10 hours you can't
recordman wrote: This is hot...I mean cold. Has anyone calculated or measured how much in electricity does it cost to run a freezer like these for a year?
They should have an energy star kWh rating placard inside it. Or see if the manufacturers website lists it.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
26069 posts
10754 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Bear in mind that 3 cu ft is rather small.
Most refrigerators have 4-5 cu ft freezers.

If you only need a small amount of extra space it may work (renting a room, a few extra items bought on sale) but if you want to about double what your fridge/freezer holds you want to buy 5 cu ft. For a family you want 8+ cu ft.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 25, 2005
9309 posts
7682 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Thanks OP! Was looking for a small chest freezer and this seems perfect.
I am disappointed that the website doesn't seem to be taking gift cards at the moment.
I went ahead with the order anyway to fulfill AirMiles Shop The Block promo.

Top