Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

Frigidaire 25L Stainless Steel Air Fryer Oven $99.98

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2021 8:09 pm
Thread Summary
If you're shopping around, take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best air fryers!
24 replies
Jul 11, 2017
700 posts
818 upvotes
Dealchaser007 wrote: Tempting but the reviews aren't good
The larger ones don't work nearly as good as the cheap smaller ones. Might as well use the convection oven on your stove if you have one.
Apr 11, 2020
241 posts
442 upvotes
To me the main feature of one this size would be to have a rotisserie feature, which unfortunately this one doesn't have. If it did, I'd give it a shot. Hard pass for me, ill hope and pray for the kalorik at this price again sometime in the future. Thx for the post OP, nice price.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3599 posts
1665 upvotes
Vancouver
What's the difference between an air fryer and a convection oven? Is this just the latter being marketed as the former because air fryers are the latest kitchen gadget?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
5890 posts
6959 upvotes
The NORTH
Interesting... I am running out of counter / cupboard space for all these gadgets...
[OP]
Mar 10, 2010
178 posts
382 upvotes
Calgary
Bishop8 wrote: What's the difference between an air fryer and a convection oven? Is this just the latter being marketed as the former because air fryers are the latest kitchen gadget?
More or less yes. It could be marketed as a Toaster Oven, Convection Oven or Air Fryer really. Air Fryer branding will grab the most attention right now and probably lead to the most sales for them. The larger capacity is nice, along with the digital screen, dial, glass door and presets for certain foods. The reviews do seem to be mixed though but the with covid-19 return policay still in effect(120 days), it may be worth trying out.
Dec 12, 2006
285 posts
251 upvotes
Costco carries it too for $150 and has the rotisserie plus the warranty.

Apr 7, 2011
872 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
Bishop8 wrote: What's the difference between an air fryer and a convection oven? Is this just the latter being marketed as the former because air fryers are the latest kitchen gadget?
The main difference is the size of the fan. Convection ovens have a little fan to move the air.
Air Fryers generally have a big and high speed fan to move the air around, but really fast.

The faster air movement cooks the food faster and more evenly.

It's not really going to make as much of a difference for thicker foods like a whole chicken or a cake though. The heat will still have to conduct into the inside of the food.
Aug 14, 2019
418 posts
525 upvotes
The difference between my mini convection oven and my air fryer is night and day. My convection oven has been sitting in my storage room ever since I got my air fryer.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6299 posts
2218 upvotes
Calgary
Bella125 wrote: The larger ones don't work nearly as good as the cheap smaller ones. Might as well use the convection oven on your stove if you have one.
i disagree we have a 26qt kalorik and it works way better than the smaller ones we have used.
Feb 2, 2011
405 posts
232 upvotes
New Westminster
Thx Op, I bought this for doing some ready to serve bake items like Costco lasagna etc, the Airfryer Circular Gourmia Costco $64 version can't handle the rectangular tray . To put this in perspective, I tried the Costco Black & Decker version $99 IN STORE, was as cheap as $80 AFTER warehouse rebate a few months ago, has cheap manual twist knobs hard to turn , does eight slices of toast and is Airfryer- but not so easy to use.
https://www.costco.ca/black%2bdecker-co ... 88388.html

For the Airfryer Frigidaire. I'd gladly pay $20 more....better digital controls...for sure and thru on my Infinite visa creditcard 1 year extra warranty! THX OP
Images
  • Screenshot_20210727-112509_Chrome.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210727-112451_Chrome.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2004
1400 posts
921 upvotes
Anyone knows if you can return it. I was to going to buy first think later but under the returns section looks like Clearance items are final sale?

Final sale items

Prescription medication, Walmart gift cards, third party gift cards, prepaid phone cards, ammunition, fireworks, digital downloads, pierced earrings, special order jewelry, photo custom services, underwear or items that include underwear, swimwear when hygiene liner is removed, sexual wellness items, family planning products, Clearance items (with the exception of Walmart private brands), and trading & collecting cards.
[OP]
Mar 10, 2010
178 posts
382 upvotes
Calgary
Punky Hunky wrote: Anyone knows if you can return it. I was to going to buy first think later but under the returns section looks like Clearance items are final sale?

Final sale items

Prescription medication, Walmart gift cards, third party gift cards, prepaid phone cards, ammunition, fireworks, digital downloads, pierced earrings, special order jewelry, photo custom services, underwear or items that include underwear, swimwear when hygiene liner is removed, sexual wellness items, family planning products, Clearance items (with the exception of Walmart private brands), and trading & collecting cards.
hmm despite it saying final sale for clearance items, in the page itself it shows

Last edited by brung on Jul 27th, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 15, 2019
74 posts
66 upvotes
fsteiner wrote: Thx Op, I bought this for doing some ready to serve bake items like Costco lasagna etc, the Airfryer Circular Gourmia Costco $64 version can't handle the rectangular tray . To put this in perspective, I tried the Costco Black & Decker version $99 IN STORE, was as cheap as $80 AFTER warehouse rebate a few months ago, has cheap manual twist knobs hard to turn , does eight slices of toast and is Airfryer- but not so easy to use.
https://www.costco.ca/black%2bdecker-co ... 88388.html

For the Airfryer Frigidaire. I'd gladly pay $20 more....better digital controls...for sure and thru on my Infinite visa creditcard 1 year extra warranty! THX OP
I bought this costco one as well and disappointed since the airfryer temperature cannot be adjusted. Read online and it said this isnt a true airfryer but a marketing gimmick. Agree the knobs are retro(not to my liking).

Did you happen to try this Frigidiare one yet? Would want to pull the plug but eager to hear differences between the 2 from first hand experience.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
7450 posts
2385 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Picked one up and used my $25 eVoucher (from the failed mattress deal from months ago).
Looking forward to replacing my Chefman from Costco that conked out on me after less than 2 years.
Aug 3, 2005
546 posts
169 upvotes
Windyt wrote: To me the main feature of one this size would be to have a rotisserie feature, which unfortunately this one doesn't have. If it did, I'd give it a shot. Hard pass for me, ill hope and pray for the kalorik at this price again sometime in the future. Thx for the post OP, nice price.
I had the same issue, till I tried instantpot air fryer oven with rossitore function and Cuisinart fryer oven without this function. I cooked a chicken in both and Cuisinart came out much better, and I read that its because air is on circulation in the fryer mode so rossitorie is probably redundant.

this one looks like the cuisinart but I have not used it personally.
Nov 17, 2020
84 posts
19 upvotes
If I am specifically buying it for the Air Fryer system. Should I get it or is there a better option/deal that I should wait for? TIA.
Nov 17, 2020
84 posts
19 upvotes
So people would anyone give his opinion about how good\bad this is as an air fryer?