Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

Frigidaire 25L Stainless Steel Air Fryer Oven $99.98

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2021 12:36 pm
[OP]
Banned
User avatar
May 12, 2021
105 posts
367 upvotes
Canada

[Walmart] Frigidaire 25L Stainless Steel Air Fryer Oven $99.98

Hey Guys,

How about a slightly healthier way to make fried chicken, French fries, and pretty much any thing you want to deep fry.

I, personally, use air fryer's for making Taiwanese popcorn chicken.
Cheers
Thread Summary
If you're shopping around, take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best air fryers!
13 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1384 posts
1576 upvotes
Earth
It's really a big convection toaster oven, but if you want to downsize, this could ditch the oven for most!
Zoomer: 1 account for family and planning to leave for good in 2023
Koodo too: for a phone and locked to 24 months but was a good deal.
Member
Jan 1, 2007
342 posts
149 upvotes
Seems like a great deal to me. Ordered one !
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1008 posts
691 upvotes
Scarborough
geoffs wrote: It's really a big convection toaster oven, but if you want to downsize, this could ditch the oven for most!
I recently bought the CalmDo Air Fryer oven which is the same size and similar looking, and yes it is big. It's got more height and depth and less width, since the fan is on the top as opposed to being on the side.

I hesitated a lot just due to the size but finally gave in and bought it for the features. This one seems to have identical features and settings.

For anyone on the fence, at this price, I'd say its a good buy.
Last edited by sudesingh on Aug 31st, 2021 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
User avatar
Dec 3, 2014
67 posts
17 upvotes
QC, CA
Still deciding. Any RFD performance reviews?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 24, 2004
7945 posts
3165 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Don't bother. I returned mine before even using it to cook.

You can't silence all the loud beeps, it's frustratingly complicated to use for basic tasks (toasting or baking) and not worth it even for the sale price.

I'm holding off for a solid sale on an Oster, Breville or KitchenAid.
Member
Apr 19, 2012
309 posts
72 upvotes
Brampton
newt_101 wrote: Don't bother. I returned mine before even using it to cook.

You can't silence all the loud beeps, it's frustratingly complicated to use for basic tasks (toasting or baking) and not worth it even for the sale price.

I'm holding off for a solid sale on an Oster, Breville or KitchenAid.
Am not sure why you found it complicated to use. I actually found it too easy and was expecting more complications. Everything is programmed and you basically are just choosing the tasks and off you go.
I just bought at the sale price and love it so far - did wings, fried chicken baked quiches, pizza and more and were amazing. I am using way less power than my big oven and cooking quicker.

there is some adjustment required for the temp as I found it to be a bit too much or may be it was just me not having enough frying.

Only thing I did not really like is the cleaning part - any tip on how to prevent oil splatter everywhere inside - mostly the top where there is fan and element?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 24, 2004
7945 posts
3165 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Worth9 wrote: Am not sure why you found it complicated to use. I actually found it too easy and was expecting more complications. Everything is programmed and you basically are just choosing the tasks and off you go.
I just bought at the sale price and love it so far - did wings, fried chicken baked quiches, pizza and more and were amazing. I am using way less power than my big oven and cooking quicker.

there is some adjustment required for the temp as I found it to be a bit too much or may be it was just me not having enough frying.

Only thing I did not really like is the cleaning part - any tip on how to prevent oil splatter everywhere inside - mostly the top where there is fan and element?
The preprogrammed thing I don't agree with - toast for example was set up for 9-minutes - that's far too long for toast.
Also toggling between the top 2 rows and bottom 2 rows of cooking options requires 2 different knobs being pushed or turned.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
12188 posts
6022 upvotes
UnicornDeals wrote: Hey Guys,

How about a slightly healthier way to make fried chicken, French fries, and pretty much any thing you want to deep fry.

I, personally, use air fryer's for making Taiwanese popcorn chicken.
You got said recipe you use for the popcorn chicken?
post or pm me we love popcorn chicken
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Member
Apr 19, 2012
309 posts
72 upvotes
Brampton
newt_101 wrote: The preprogrammed thing I don't agree with - toast for example was set up for 9-minutes - that's far too long for toast.
Also toggling between the top 2 rows and bottom 2 rows of cooking options requires 2 different knobs being pushed or turned.
Yes, I would tend to agree on the time being a bit too much or the temp being too high - not sure which one.

for the Air Fryer vs Oven option, true you have to press the selection knob once or twice respectively.

I still like the oven though - I find myself using it a lot more and saving on hydro by not using a big oven with 3000w+ of power unnecessarily.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7496 posts
4101 upvotes
Toronto
geoffs wrote: It's really a big convection toaster oven, but if you want to downsize, this could ditch the oven for most!
So is this airfryer literally a toaster oven with convection? The breville smart oven pro is a toaster oven with convection, so how does this air fryer differ from a breville smart oven pro?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1384 posts
1576 upvotes
Earth
fightbriz wrote: So is this airfryer literally a toaster oven with convection? The breville smart oven pro is a toaster oven with convection, so how does this air fryer differ from a breville smart oven pro?
You can't fry with air
Zoomer: 1 account for family and planning to leave for good in 2023
Koodo too: for a phone and locked to 24 months but was a good deal.

Top