[Walmart] Game of Thrones Season 8 UHD 4K + blu-ray + digital $59.97

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2019 1:24 am
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1145 posts
1193 upvotes
Toronto
The 8th season made watching the entire series from the start pointless pretty much since it just took a huge dump on so many story lines.
Oct 25, 2008
500 posts
321 upvotes
Montreal
stcv3 wrote: You'd have to pay me $60 to watch S8 again
...It would take a helluva lot more than $60...
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1496 posts
1822 upvotes
How about people actually talk about the deal and not their juvenile hatred for a tv show?
Banned
Feb 25, 2019
44 posts
138 upvotes
Dear Friends i am looking for s8 digital copy to complete my seasons set. Anyone wants to sell or seasons gift then please let me know Slightly Smiling Face
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4328 posts
5799 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
User381785 wrote: How about people actually talk about the deal and not their juvenile hatred for a tv show?
It was a sophisticated show that the juvenile D&D ran into the ground with their juvenile sexposition and juvenile storytelling.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1359 posts
1006 upvotes
British Columbia
Coresu wrote: The 8th season made watching the entire series from the start pointless pretty much since it just took a huge dump on so many story lines.
That sums it up. It managed to take my favourite show in existence and make it utterly unwatchable. Everything was pointless. Nothing made sense. I could write paragraphs on the issues... it destoryed every character and story arc. Thinking about Game of Thrones is almost painful now as it was so disappointing.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
2596 posts
2315 upvotes
Montreal
Karala wrote: That sums it up. It managed to take my favourite show in existence and make it utterly unwatchable. Everything was pointless. Nothing made sense. I could write paragraphs on the issues... it destoryed every character and story arc. Thinking about Game of Thrones is almost painful now as it was so disappointing.
Except for Bran bring king, the other stuff made sense and was very well forshadowed.

Night king killed with dragon glass, all zombies dying.

Killed by Jon would have been ok. But killed by a trained stealthy assassin with semi magical skills makes more sense.

Sansa ruling the North.

Dragon queen going nuts was hinted at all the way from season 1.

Jon being exiled is sad, but in real life revolutionary leaders often face the same fate.

Unsullied going away could end no other way. Otherwise what? A standing army of foreign occupiers would not be accepted.

Etc

Was a little rushed and not as well written as the first seasons. But not a cause for hate or surprise.
Mar 28, 2016
344 posts
108 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
GOT finale is destined to be a failure. Breaking Bad which has an universally acclaimed finale season and episode has only one plot line involving very few characters. GOT has no less than 20 to 30 prominent characters and easily 10 story lines to close out in 6 episodes. How can that be done satisfactorily? It's an impossible task.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4328 posts
5799 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
FrancisBacon wrote: Except for Bran bring king, the other stuff made sense and was very well forshadowed.

No, all of these points are bad writing.

>Night king killed with dragon glass, all zombies dying.

This is a very common and overused trope in fantasy fiction: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... ystoneArmy

The Night King doesn't exist in the books. It's just an anarchist collective, maybe led by a Lovecraftian Great Other. Definitely no humanoid chump like the Night King.

>Killed by Jon would have been ok. But killed by a trained stealthy assassin with semi magical skills makes more sense.

I don't care about Jon getting the kill because he "deserves" it. Then why destroy king's landing and all its people if you can have her kill anyone at any time? She also flew 30 feet or more to get at the Night King. They didn't bother explaining how she's so cool now if she's having a hard time dodging them in the library earlier. They just filmed the shot.

>Sansa ruling the North.

This isn't a problem, but they destroyed her character with that "I'm glad I got raped because I would have remained a little sparrow otherwise" line she says to the Hound. She also became very predictable.

>Dragon queen going nuts was hinted at all the way from season 1.

Yes, and she was struggling with it throughout, especially the mereen chapters. And now she kills innocents because she was mad at what? Saying all mentally ill people are ticking time bombs is really conservative.

>Jon being exiled is sad, but in real life revolutionary leaders often face the same fate.

Do they? Lenin? Gandhi and Mlk Jr were assassinated.

>Unsullied going away could end no other way. Otherwise what? A standing army of foreign occupiers would not be accepted.

This part was fine, but now there's no standing army in King's Landing.

>Was a little rushed and not as well written as the first seasons. But not a cause for hate or surprise.

The only good writing was in the second episode, and it wasn't written by D&D. The long night was full of so many tactical errors by all parties, I lost hope for the rest. It was clear in the earlier week's trailer when they deployed the seige weapons outside of the fort walls.

Let me know if you have any other ideas about why season 8 wasn't that bad.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2017 posts
2183 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BananaBread29 wrote: These same "intelligent people" awarded it the outstanding drama series at the emmys. The season was garbage, and that's where the critic vs audience opinions differed.
The Golden Globes nominations came out this morning, only one GoT for Snow/main actor in a drama. They got snubbed hard season 8,much warranted after that Emmys sham
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2938 posts
3236 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: It was a sophisticated show that the juvenile D&D ran into the ground with their juvenile sexposition and juvenile storytelling.
I understand. me too I love giving 8 comments on deals I don't like. that's exactly how I spend my days.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4328 posts
5799 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
waven101 wrote: I understand. me too I love giving 8 comments on deals I don't like. that's exactly how I spend my days.
I'm helping people save money by sharing how bad the deal is. You should see me on a Simplehuman thread.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2369 posts
4688 upvotes
Watching season 8 killed any desire I have to watch or read anything GOT related ever again.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1359 posts
1006 upvotes
British Columbia
FrancisBacon wrote: Except for Bran bring king, the other stuff made sense and was very well forshadowed.
This is unbelievable. Are you trolling?
FrancisBacon wrote: Night king killed with dragon glass, all zombies dying.
There's this thing called believable writing that was missing to accomplish all of this. Arya jumping out of no where (at some crazy angle to boot) is not believable. All the foreshadowing about the army of the dead and all they just had to do was kill one dude, meanwhile we never saw a single other White Walker attack anyone. They just stand there. And what was with all the creepy messages they left? So many unanswered questions. Bran's explanation that they were there to kill him because he was the history of the world or whatever was so dumb.
FrancisBacon wrote: Sansa ruling the North.
Right, because her brother Bran couldn't rule anything when she offered the North to him and then he shows up at King's Landing and accepts the throne because "why do you think I came all this way"?? Pfft.
FrancisBacon wrote: Dragon queen going nuts was hinted at all the way from season 1.
Hints are fine, deciding to slaughter innocents when the character has consistently chosen not to do such a thing throughout the story, then apparently has some mental break because the bells toll in surrender is not how believable characters develop.
FrancisBacon wrote: Jon being exiled is sad, but in real life revolutionary leaders often face the same fate.
I can't even begin with this one. The Unsullied, shown murdering everyone, wait for justice on someone that killed their queen, from people that are biased parties? Said parties could have simply elected him as king once the Unsullied leave. Jon could do whatever he wants. In fact now that Sansa rules the North he could simply live there and the South couldn't do anything about it. Their laws don't govern the North.
FrancisBacon wrote: Unsullied going away could end no other way. Otherwise what? A standing army of foreign occupiers would not be accepted.
Right. Just like the Dothraki needed to ride out into the throng of undead to write them out, despite being so clearly out numbered. It was a suicide mission, which would cause them to come back full force working on the other side. If Melisandre hadn't shown up to light their weapons on fire they would not have even possessed weapons capable of killing the dead to start with!! It was ludicrous writing with zero battle tactics throughout.

You only touched on a few issues. I have plenty of others. Essentially every character and plot point I have serious issue with.

Just because you can overlook completely thoughtless writing, doesn't mean most can. This wasn't some Saturday morning cartoon but that's what it became. The ratings from viewers reflect that.
Last edited by Karala on Dec 9th, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1441 posts
2078 upvotes
Poor OP probably doesn't get whats happening to him....
+1
PS- some of you folks of just mean! Face With Tears Of Joy