Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Game of Thrones Season 8 UHD 4K + blu-ray + digital $59.97

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2019 1:24 am
Jun 21, 2011
138 posts
106 upvotes
Ottawa
Great deal... if you work at CSIS and are in need of torture material.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1274 posts
1819 upvotes
AnthonyE wrote: Great deal... if you work at CSIS and are in need of torture material.
Am sure their collection of Celine Dion CDs will remain their prefered method....
[OP]
Jun 9, 2013
400 posts
331 upvotes
Surrey
Nikhilvoid wrote: I'm helping people save money by sharing how bad the deal is. You should see me on a Simplehuman thread.
not really, people who like it and like the price will buy it, people who dont like it wont buy it. your words are not really swaying anyone.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1496 posts
1821 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: I'm helping people save money by sharing how bad the deal is. You should see me on a Simplehuman thread.
You're simply trolling, nothing more
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4289 posts
5703 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
User381785 wrote: You're simply trolling, nothing more
No, trolling implies I don't really believe the things I'm saying. I actually hate the show and this season in particular because it flushed 20 years of Martin's work down the toilet. And most RFD users also hate it, going by the downvotes this got. Maybe save your dollars for the much better Watchmen adaptation.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2850 posts
3184 upvotes
you don't know how watchmen will end.
anyway the 70.00 per season is kind of expensive when the whole series is already out.
Sep 9, 2015
826 posts
477 upvotes
Nanaimo
One of the best series of all time. Season 8 was excellent, if only too short. I see a lot of the last jedi type entitlement where fans wanted it to go a certain way and threw a tantrum when it didn't.

I don't want to pay 60 for it though because the other seasons were $45, granted this is 4k. I'll wait a bit, till it drops to 40 to complete my collection.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1997 posts
2171 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nikhilvoid wrote: No, trolling implies I don't really believe the things I'm saying. I actually hate the show and this season in particular because it flushed 20 years of Martin's work down the toilet. And most RFD users also hate it, going by the downvotes this got. Maybe save your dollars for the much better Watchmen adaptation.
Watchmen got snubbed hard this morning, not a single nomination for the Golden Globes

Yesterday's episode was some of the best television in years
Nov 29, 2011
424 posts
340 upvotes
CALGARY
I wanted to comment how D&D dropped the ball and they wanted out. HBO was prepared to add another season and they declined. The utter disrespect of the prior Character arcs and how their stupid endings were written. How just because the books didn't get finished they job was to wrote something befitting and not ask their 6 year niece for answers. The chance to be the best of all time and how they failed. How D&D wanted to work for Disney(Which they quit) so bad and finally now are writing for Netflix. I should keep this all this to myself just so people can waste their money and buy this dumpster fire.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4289 posts
5703 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
blackston3 wrote: Watchmen got snubbed hard this morning, not a single nomination for the Golden Globes

Yesterday's episode was some of the best television in years
Yeah, Watchmen just goes from strength to strength and every episode is exciting like the first few seasons of Game of Thrones. Shame that Veep, Now They See Us, and Watchmen all were snubbed. The Morning Show (???) or Succession or The Crown are definitely not better than any of these.
Jun 21, 2011
138 posts
106 upvotes
Ottawa
S0lidus wrote: One of the best series of all time. Season 8 was excellent, if only too short. I see a lot of the last jedi type entitlement where fans wanted it to go a certain way and threw a tantrum when it didn't.

I don't want to pay 60 for it though because the other seasons were $45, granted this is 4k. I'll wait a bit, till it drops to 40 to complete my collection.
This is a fundamental misunderstanding of the problems people had with Season 8. It's not that people wanted it to go a certain way and got mad when it didn't. People didn't want Ned to die in S1, but they cut off his head and we still loved it afterward. The problem is that they half assed the last two seasons (at the minimum), rushed through the story beats, threw heaps of foreshadowing and story-lines and any semblance of common sense out the window, then told us that we're entitled for not liking the garbage they put out.

There is such thing as good storytelling and bad storytelling. Game of Thrones is the prime example of that. Compare the early seasons with the late ones. If you don't see the contrast, well, you might want to get checked out...
Jun 3, 2012
486 posts
295 upvotes
YORK
OP, Your title should read: [Walmart] will pay you $59.97 for watching Game of Thrones Season 8 UHD 4K + blu-ray + digital.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1496 posts
1821 upvotes
Curious why mods aren't cleaning up the obvious trolling
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1145 posts
1192 upvotes
Toronto
I remember feeling so lucky when a friend of mine invited me to watch the series finale at the Scotia bank theater downtown TO. Took the time off work, it was a big deal for me. I was a huge GoT fan.

It started off amazing with someone coming up front and announcing to everyone that this was it, offered complimentary snacks and drinks. I was 100% ready. Excited.

All I can say is, at the end of the show the whole theater was 100% silent. Just a long pause as if all of us were waiting for something else to happen? I wanted to say, "What the heck was that??" but was not sure if I should have, but Im sure everyone was thinking the same thing. Not one clap, hardly a whisper. Just the sound of people getting up and shuffling out of their seats.

People left that place like a funeral just happened. Quietly, sheepishly...almost embarrassed.

Tragic ending to a fantastic show.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)