Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Game of Thrones Season 8 UHD 4K + blu-ray + digital $59.97

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2019 1:24 am
Sep 3, 2008
67 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Nikhilvoid wrote: No, trolling implies I don't really believe the things I'm saying. I actually hate the show and this season in particular because it flushed 20 years of Martin's work down the toilet. And most RFD users also hate it, going by the downvotes this got. Maybe save your dollars for the much better Watchmen adaptation.
for a while i felt bad for martin. because he had to sit there and watch the show take off while trying to finish the series, it must have been incredibly distracting if not demotivating. but then s8 happened. hopefully it will inspire him to finish it and drive people to read a proper end to the series.

i am actually curious as to how all the night scenes will show up on blu ray
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1145 posts
1192 upvotes
Toronto
User381785 wrote: Curious why mods aren't cleaning up the obvious trolling
Maybe it's because everyone is being civil about it so hopefully they're giving it a bit of a wider berth. :) Looks like folks are still not done venting about it, so.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1145 posts
1192 upvotes
Toronto
happygouki wrote: for a while i felt bad for martin. because he had to sit there and watch the show take off while trying to finish the series, it must have been incredibly distracting if not demotivating. but then s8 happened. hopefully it will inspire him to finish it and drive people to read a proper end to the series.

Agreed, only Martin can provide an optional officially accepted ending for the fans. Hopefully he can finish the books. The TV show really needed about 2-3 more seasons to allow all the loose ends to tie up. Season 8 should have been only about the Night King and his eventual defeat while progressing the other story lines on the side at a much better pace to finish up in a later season(s).
Feb 28, 2011
929 posts
182 upvotes
Surrey
happygouki wrote: for a while i felt bad for martin. because he had to sit there and watch the show take off while trying to finish the series, it must have been incredibly distracting if not demotivating. but then s8 happened. hopefully it will inspire him to finish it and drive people to read a proper end to the series.

Based on the fact that he said it was what he intended, what we got is the proper ending. It's just he's stuck about getting there. He trapped himself and D&D.

Instead, they should have developed the characters and end it however it ends. We got neither in the end.
Tangerine and Public Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
1882 posts
1688 upvotes
Whitby
RedflagSTEALS (from shoppers) This is madness. Pity anyone who pays to watch this. Overcharged by $59.00.
Dec 29, 2013
820 posts
490 upvotes
Montr
I started to watch S8 on my flight without any expectations. However, unlike the previous seasons, the story in S8 is so plain, unimaginative, and sometime just so action-movie-cliche'. From an intriguing movie taking place in S1-S7, it becomes like a Rambo movie in S8. After 2-3 episodes I decided to give my eyes a break and so I still don't know how the whole thing ends.
May 2, 2015
481 posts
449 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I will buy this for $1.25 when Dollarama sells the DVDs.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2850 posts
3184 upvotes
Probably best to wait for 8 seasons in 4 k at this point
That would give me incentive to watch in hdr or dv
Last edited by waven101 on Dec 17th, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 2, 2013
366 posts
188 upvotes
BRAMPTON
SunnyA531 wrote: Hey OP dw about the sour pusses who weren’t happy with S8. That’s a great deal considering how expensive the 4K set is on third party now. Also aside from the rushing of the overall final two season, (IMO YES PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE OPINIONS Smiling Face With Halo), there’s a lot of people who still enjoyed them. Wanna blame someone for not blessing D&D enough material to adapt there’s a certain GRRM you can look at. Pertaining specifically to S8 on 4K (also as someone who liked most of what we got ALL THINGS considered, keep the unasked for negativity to yourselves or go post on that stupid fReEfOLk subreddit), it’s absolutely GORGEOUS! And the audio is amazing as well! As someone who also griped about the shitty Crave bitrate, the 4K Bluray is a must buy for any true fan of GoT Ok Hand Signcan’t wait for them to release the other seasons eventually need my fav S4 in glorious 4K 🤤
My opinion, S8 was trash and I down voted this deal. No one should be buying this.
Jan 17, 2015
294 posts
256 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
Not only did i get S8, but i got the steelbook.

Let's gooooooo. Send me your hate and tears

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)