Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Gillette Mach3 Turbo Men's Razor Blades 5 Razor Blades - $9 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2020 9:24 am
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse
None of the Mach3 left in Whitehorse. Stocktrack is not up to date right now.
Sep 29, 2010
727 posts
1086 upvotes
divx wrote: What is the difference between men's razor and women's razor?
c001m4n wrote: One is pink and the other is not
Actually, not just the colour - women's blades have more flat surface around the blades (think like a phone bezel).

This is (supposed to) help keep the blade at the optimal angle and reduce cuts.

in short:
"Men's" blades have more minimal bezels to make them able to better follow the complicated contours of a face and to be able to get into tighter nooks (like under/around the nose/ears)
"Women's" blades are made more for shaving more long, flat surfaces (like legs)
Mar 17, 2015
333 posts
292 upvotes
Winnipeg
Switch to DE shaving they says, you'll save money they says.

5 brushes, 4 razors, ~20 soaps and ~10 aftershaves later...
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Question: where is the Walmart grocery orders shipped from? The closest store? I want to order the blades but it only lets me order through the groceries.

It will let me add the blades BUT the website shows none in stock at the store.

Do they come from somewhere else?
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2288 posts
1632 upvotes
Toronto
TimothyLeary wrote: Derby is even cheaper, and from time to time you can find feather for about .20 a blade too. Gillette is definitely not the best a man can get.
I'm personally not a fan of Derby's or Sharks, but they are cheap. For value, I personally found the Astra Platinum or Vokhod to be the best. Feather are great and probably the best razors I've used so far.

Dorco Prime was one of the worst I've used and were the cheapest of the bunch.

Ironically, Gillette WIlkinson blades are great but pricey.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11431 upvotes
Ottawa
trellaine201 wrote: Question: where is the Walmart grocery orders shipped from? The closest store? I want to order the blades but it only lets me order through the groceries.

It will let me add the blades BUT the website shows none in stock at the store.

Do they come from somewhere else?
They source them from the store where you picking them up. If they don't have it in stock then they will try to find alternative (if you allow during checkout) The alternative must be either same or better value (I once got double the weight of what I ordered). If they can't find alternative they will cancel that item.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2126 posts
1449 upvotes
Durham
mindabsence wrote: Jeeze, when I see these blade prices it reminds me how happy I continue to be with my switch to safety razor shaving! Using Shark blades, my entire annual shaving cost is about $17 (fresh blade every other shave) and it's hands down the best, closest shave I've been getting in my life too compared to all these gimmicky multi-blade Gillette razors.
This answered my question about safety blades and how close the shave is compared to these.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1473 posts
2779 upvotes
Ontario
Kkhan15 wrote: This answered my question about safety blades and how close the shave is compared to these.
Before I converted I had tried every disposable imaginable. Everything from double blade right up to seven blade heads, and from every big and small brand name out there. My neck still always felt just ever so slightly stubbly at the end and I was never happy with the shave. Made the switch to a safety razer, and my neck shave now results in perfectly smooth skin with hardly any effort at all - I've never felt my neck so smooth in all the time I've been shaving in my life. Finding the right double edge blade was key for me too - all were smoother shaves than the expensive disposable razer heads were, but some were noticeably smoother and/or less agitating to shave with than others.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2126 posts
1449 upvotes
Durham
Those that went to Safety blades. Is there a handle of choice? Preferably Amazon as I think I'm going to try the Shark blades
Mar 17, 2015
333 posts
292 upvotes
Winnipeg
Kkhan15 wrote: Those that went to Safety blades. Is there a handle of choice? Preferably Amazon as I think I'm going to try the Shark blades
Looks like Amazon sells Rockwell stuff now. The Rockwell 6C would be a really strong choice for a first (and last) razor. It has 6 "settings" so you can adjust the gap as you learn what you're doing. The Rockwell 2C is also a (cheaper) option, it just comes with 1 plate with a "1" and "3" setting. I find the 3 perfect for everyday use, but falls a bit short with 5+ days of growth.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Isn’t straight blade shaving a bit scary? For cuts etc I have been interested but it does seem like a lot of work?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
1151 posts
1173 upvotes
Norilsk
fiscal-rick wrote: There are more shaving products on sale than OP mentioned.

I grabbed a Schtick ball Razor and 5 blade cartridge for $3.5. As well as, a couple of packs of Schick extreme5 Blade ball replacement cartridges for $5.50 each. They were these ones here

Edit: I also grabbed a three pack of Schick disposal extreme 5 ball for 3.5

I love the straight Razor deals. But a decent multi-blade at, what? $1.15 a cartridge. Hot.
OK was at Wal-Mart again today and some Shtick products have a $1 off sticker stuck to them. So I grabbed a couple of packages of Schick Xtreme 3 Blade Pivot Ball Disposable Razor For Men which are already half off at $3.50, and it took it down another 30% to $2.5. Can be used on any schick product such as the replacement cartridges or handle and cartridge.

YMMV look for the yellow sticker coupons on products in store

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/schick-xtr ... 0199309657
If I robbed the place I would be out by now....
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7086 posts
5223 upvotes
If someone does like the Mach3 cartridges, Checkout51 has $3.00 cashback on them March 5-11

$6 for 5 might be a good price for those that like them.

It does say claim 1 time though.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2288 posts
1632 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote: Isn’t straight blade shaving a bit scary? For cuts etc I have been interested but it does seem like a lot of work?
Why not start with safety razors first, before diving into straight blade shaving if you're dipping your toes in