• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2022 2:06 pm
[OP]
Apr 30, 2014
186 posts
120 upvotes
Kingston, ON

[Walmart] Google Nest Hello WiFi Video Doorbell - $219 YMMV

I was looking for the Nest video doorbell. It's sold for $299 in the google store, homedepot, and best buy. However, found the same at the local Walmart for $219 at Kingston location, YMMV. Still had a few more boxes left when I picked up last night.
Nest doorbell 1.JPG
Nest doorbell 2.JPG
Thread Summary
Looking for more options? RFD Reviews has a list of the best doorbell cameras!
82 replies
Feb 20, 2019
292 posts
103 upvotes
Do we need to pay for cloud storage or can we store locally on a memory card.
Nov 11, 2012
384 posts
654 upvotes
This is the Gen 1 version that has already been replaced. The new version is $239 at the Google store and everywhere else. Most stores have been clearing out the old versions for $219, there was a thread for costco a few days ago.
Sep 8, 2007
314 posts
239 upvotes
shroud27 wrote: This is the Gen 1 version that has already been replaced. The new version is $239 at the Google store and everywhere else. Most stores have been clearing out the old versions for $219, there was a thread for costco a few days ago.
Not replaced, complemented I think. Nest themselves still selling "Gen1" as "Nest Doorbell (wired)" and new one as "Nest Doorbell (battery)". Camera on wired one is way better.
mapleleaf6 wrote: Do we need to pay for cloud storage or can we store locally on a memory card.
There's free and paid cloud solutions (Nest Aware/Nest Aware Plus). Free ones are pretty lacking but I use it. No local storage.
Some locations @ $99! Very tempted!!!!
Aug 23, 2017
233 posts
194 upvotes
SonicSam wrote:
There's free and paid cloud solutions (Nest Aware/Nest Aware Plus). Free ones are pretty lacking but I use it. No local storage.
Even Nest Aware is paid. The difference is in monthly fee. $8 Vs $16
Sep 8, 2007
314 posts
239 upvotes
kgvaughan wrote: Even Nest Aware is paid. The difference is in monthly fee. $8 Vs $16
Poor wording on my part!

Free is very barebones but what I use.
Nest Aware is paid.
Nest Aware Plus is paid.
Dec 31, 2016
161 posts
211 upvotes
Fredericton
Wonder if costco will price match
"Quality, not quantity".
Dec 31, 2016
161 posts
211 upvotes
Fredericton
Oos via Walmart
"Quality, not quantity".
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2003
1213 posts
668 upvotes
Toronto
SonicSam wrote: Poor wording on my part!

Free is very barebones but what I use.
Nest Aware is paid.
Nest Aware Plus is paid.
I just got the battery version (gen 2) - which is $239.99 and used a staples discount to get to $219.99. It's amazing since our house could not support wires.

It is not worse than the gen1 it is different. Gen 1 had a different camera system that can be used 24/7 but did all processing thorugh cloud - to save battery gen 2 uses on-device processing and a three hour save window (unless you pay for nest aware).

Since there is non-cloud processing Nest/Google gives a lot more 'free' features than the gen 1. So if you aren't willing to pay for nest aware or you can't have wiress go with the gen 2 (battery). if you have wires or are paying for nest aware - gen 1 is actually more powerful.
Jul 23, 2013
266 posts
124 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks OP. Got one for 99 at my local Walmart.

I wanted the Wyze Doorbell since i have multiple Wyzecam V2's and V3's but the reviews are disappointing.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3944 posts
1263 upvotes
Calgary
Got it for $99 in Edmonton.
Dec 2, 2018
12 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
Got one at the Poco Walmart for $99. When I left there was one remaining.
Oct 14, 2018
104 posts
188 upvotes
Just went to Winston Churchill and Argentia in Mississauga. Stock Track says 3 for $99 they were all gone.

Happy Hunting.
Jan 1, 2014
125 posts
119 upvotes
St Leonard walmart; someone went and picked up all 5 :(
Mar 13, 2012
32 posts
8 upvotes
EDMONTON
Thank you OP
Picked one up locally at the Edmonton Walmart for $99!
Sep 25, 2020
29 posts
29 upvotes
Lord Denning wrote: I just got the battery version (gen 2) - which is $239.99 and used a staples discount to get to $219.99. It's amazing since our house could not support wires.

It is not worse than the gen1 it is different. Gen 1 had a different camera system that can be used 24/7 but did all processing thorugh cloud - to save battery gen 2 uses on-device processing and a three hour save window (unless you pay for nest aware).

Since there is non-cloud processing Nest/Google gives a lot more 'free' features than the gen 1. So if you aren't willing to pay for nest aware or you can't have wiress go with the gen 2 (battery). if you have wires or are paying for nest aware - gen 1 is actually more powerful.
Would you say it's still worth it to get the nest doorbell (battery) without subscription? Or am I better off getting a no sub doorbell (e.g. Eufy)?

Recently got gifted a google nest hub and deciding which doorbell to pair with it. Definitely like the reliability of google products but I feel like I will have no use for the features that Nest Aware provides...
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2003
1213 posts
668 upvotes
Toronto
CrazyCrazyDeal wrote: Would you say it's still worth it to get the nest doorbell (battery) without subscription? Or am I better off getting a no sub doorbell (e.g. Eufy)?

Recently got gifted a google nest hub and deciding which doorbell to pair with it. Definitely like the reliability of google products but I feel like I will have no use for the features that Nest Aware provides...
Too early to tell - they give you a free month of the paid service so I haven't been able to test out the free version yet. My understanding is that big differences are storage time (3 hours versus longer and use of the AI). I am sure three hours is good enough.

Even withou the subscription, I would suspect the nest is better than Eufy if you have google nest devices. We have homes in almost every room. I LOVE how it interacts with our google home devices - espeically the smart screens. It works as a doorbell with the video coming up. That should be included as a freeby. Since you have a home hub it's a no-brainer.

The thing that is addictive - and that may lead to me paying for Nest Aware - is the AI feature that annouces who is at the door. I love getting the notifcation on my phone that my wife or kids have gotten home or left the house. On the free version it just says 'person' -