Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

Great Value Large Eggs 12 pack $1.97 Sept. 16-22 (also at No Frills)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2021 11:06 am
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4771 posts
1296 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Cheap Cat wrote: The front flap on their current flyer actually says they guarantee the lowest price on: "Grade A dozen white eggs... or comparable items in the case of private label. " No Name and Great Value are private labels. They should automatically update their price but if they don't you should just remind them of their policy. Note this is their Guaranteed Lowest Price Policy not their PM policy. But yes, they do PM private labels. It's frustrating when stores advertise policies but don't bother to follow them or train their staff on them. I see they are back with their every checkout lane open Thurs - Sun 11 am - 6 pm. My local store never does it and I have made several complaints.
Yeah I tried that and manager didn't budge which pissed me off (cuz it's like freakin front page). Didn't want to waste my time further so just made a separate trip out to Walmart.

It's instances like these where I don't bother citing their policies to their face anymore. If cashier doesn't give it to me then it's better for me to just go get it elsewhere. My time is worth more.
"Buy now, think later. This is the way."
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1258 posts
1126 upvotes
Montreal
Can't believe eggs are so expensive now. Good deal. Thanks OP
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6615 posts
3270 upvotes
Bayview and Major Mack in Richmond Hill ON - display was pretty empty - less than 10 dozen, several containers had at least one broken egg.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
1171 posts
1140 upvotes
Toronto
jrshopper wrote: I have to buy eggs as we go through a lot, and get the free-run eggs from Costco as they are the most comparable. I've not tried store organic eggs though, so good to know.
I've fully transferred over to FREE RUN, while not perfect it is more humane. Costco the price is pretty good so I shop there, would be twice the cost for free run at regular grocery stores.

Unfortunately the price differential is too great to jump to FREE RANGE, and there are no real guarantee that free range are really that seeingvthere are loopholes in the designation.

If I could see the farm is truly free range I could see myself jumping, barring that free run is where I am at.

Great price on this regular large size, we all need our breakie!
Youth is the gift of nature, age is a work of art.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
4454 posts
3467 upvotes
Vancouver
enwhyRFD wrote: No Frills did not allow me to PM Great Value against No Name, citing that they only PM private brands (like Nestea). No Name is No Frills owned, Great Value is Walmart owned.

So No Frills is very YMMV.
No Frills is all franchise owned, which means it's like Subway. There's a huge continuum of customer service, quality, and policies, depending on the owner. I never bother to PM there.
Jan 15, 2011
295 posts
623 upvotes
Ottawa
Eggs have gone on sale from 1.49 to 1.99 to 2.49 per dozen in like 2 years at SDM 🥲
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
6588 posts
2953 upvotes
West GTEH!
Thanks OP.
Good timing. need a couple Dozen.
😎
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4771 posts
1296 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kiasu wrote: Scanned as $1.97

Hwy7/Warden
Lucky.

When I went this morning, tags still showed $3.
"Buy now, think later. This is the way."
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
15586 posts
3913 upvotes
enwhyRFD wrote: Lucky.

When I went this morning, tags still showed $3.
tag showed $3 but scanned as $1.97
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Aug 26, 2019
356 posts
432 upvotes
The6ix
pman113 wrote: Great Value eggs seem to have paper thin shells for some reason
More chloride to clean. i.e quality issues
Mar 13, 2015
50 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Went to the No Frills at Dufferin and Rutherford in Vaughan. Tag / Display showed $3.27, but it actually scanned at $1.97. So no need to price match.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1959 posts
3935 upvotes
Bloor-Yonge
Price scanned at $3 at the no frills carlaw, unfortunately. Let us know which no frills downtown scans at 1.97
Apr 1, 2004
463 posts
285 upvotes
Superstore on Marine Dr in vancouver is 1.97 too :)
Aug 30, 2021
48 posts
64 upvotes
Spinner wrote: Had to crowd in with grandmas at 8 a.m. but bought a case of 12 from Richmond Walmart. They started enforcing the 3 pack limit pretty quickly.

Also picked up a pack of $1.97/lb pork combo chops. The worker didn't even need to move the packs from the trolley to the fridge before it was all sold out.
Went there around 5pm and they change to limit 1 pack of egg per customer. LOL
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3540 posts
1795 upvotes
Waterloo
OP needs to change title because it most definitely is not $2 at all No Frills
Dec 5, 2011
476 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
DaddyYoda wrote: Am I the only one who finds it depressing that this used to be the normal price for Great Value Large Eggs at Walmart just like 2 or 3 years ago? Now they go for $2.97 regular price (50% increase in just a few years).
Yea, but we're told 2% inflation yet everything doubles in price after 10 years.
Mar 2, 2005
89 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga
DealsHunterCo wrote: Pay put in car then go back...
If you do self-checkout, you can buy more than 3. I tested it for 4 packs this afternoon to save a trip and the scanner accepted them all without hiccup. There were lots of eggs in the shop though.