Feb 27, 2019
70 posts
84 upvotes
Terrible reviews on Walmart website.
Jul 30, 2011
537 posts
680 upvotes
Durham region
dealerz wrote: Terrible reviews on Walmart website.
Its $12. Does it hose? Yes? Then buy it and some extra hose ends to make a shorter hose when it fails.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3242 posts
228 upvotes
incongruent wrote: Its $12. Does it hose? Yes? Then buy it and some extra hose ends to make a shorter hose when it fails.
Also on clearance at WM, $2 a piece, along with mid-hose repair kits, aluminum quick connects, and washers ($1 a set).

They also have EG 50ft Hoses for $9 clearance in different colours.
Dec 27, 2015
267 posts
380 upvotes
Nepean, ON
incongruent wrote: Its $12. Does it hose? Yes? Then buy it and some extra hose ends to make a shorter hose when it fails.
Whose hose are these? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
2003 posts
1328 upvotes
I dunno about cheap hoses in general. It's not that it fails.. it's just a horrible experience to use. You're paying less sure, but you might dread every time you need to use it. you might need to unkink it every time you use it and it forces you to find out where it kinks, try to unkink it before you can use it again, and hope it doesn't kink up on you again while you use it. It's almost guaranteed to take you much longer to use everytime. For somebody that doesn't use it often, it's probably such a bad experience, they'll try to use it even less. For somebody that uses it a lot, it's almost guaranteed to be worthwhile to get a high quality hose because they use it so often. Either way, it's probably better to get a nicer one.

Best uses: If you have to buy a gift for somebody you really don't like... this (or maybe even cheaper hoses) are very ideal!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3078 posts
3038 upvotes
I bought these last year and so far haven't had too many issues. One thing to keep in mind is that it's very hard to repair these because they have an internal stiffening ridge, which means the inside is not perfectly round. So when you try to use those hose repair kits they can't form a perfect seal and it ends up leaking. They sell this stiffening ridge as a feature (it kinda makes the hose "kink free") but the inability to repair means extra garbage heading to the landfill and they get us to spend more money on their crap
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2018
1019 posts
1911 upvotes

The annoyance of disposing this garbage house in less an a year isn't worth it.

Don't cheap on on hoses.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2006
1520 posts
298 upvotes
Ottawa
Any deals out there on better quality ones ?
Sep 7, 2017
998 posts
978 upvotes
Tip from life experience. Don’t buy heavy duty hoses for typical residential use unless you plan to leave it stationary. Regardless of brand or manufacturer, cheap or expensive.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1654 posts
1100 upvotes
Toronto
this was $5 for 50ft, and 10$ for 100ft....sometime last year or 2019?
i bought some of each sizes, shared w/ my friends and family. Mine has been stored in an outdoor enclosed reel during summer, and brought it into the garage over winter....
i only had a crack & leak, chopped that end off, screwed in a new female brass hose end...still working fine... i use it daily during summer.

the key for me is, always store the hose empty (no water) in the reel, away from the sun, and store it indoor during winter.
Aug 16, 2018
106 posts
152 upvotes
Stainless steel hoses are the way to go. No kink, solid and very durable. I won't buy anything else
Jul 13, 2018
285 posts
451 upvotes
Ottawa
Same experience for me. Leaking on one end, tried using sealing tape with no luck. It's leaking at the swivel joint right at the connector, so the tape won't actually work anyway... going to be returning it... yes I could cut it and add a connector, but that's not the RFD way!
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3242 posts
228 upvotes
What are better hose suggestions from your experience?
Jan 12, 2017
698 posts
2072 upvotes
5dark wrote: What are better hose suggestions from your experience?
the one from Costco is much better, bought two so far, easily to connect and no leaking even without tape.
also had one Vigoro Heavy Duty from HD. It's working fine so far.