• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2020 7:43 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1357 posts
679 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Hmm yeah that's a weird predicament--too many TVs but not the right size!

But is that $160 a typo or you really mean you spend $160 on a 55Q7809--in that case case you should have bought four lol!

The H9808 I've never been able to figure out what the TV was--I'm guessing it might have been a Canada-only model, much like the Q8809/7809 are. First assumption was it's an H9E Plus with a different colour/shell but it seems quite different so it's probably another Canada-only special that has no US equivalent. Given the H8809 is better than the H9E Plus though, I'd think both it an the Q7809 should be better, but I'd think you'd be the better one to say since you have both! :P

If you are happy with the 55Q7809 and don't mind another, larger, one. I'd say get one of these if you can unless you see something else out there that's interesting at 65" and $700. But honestly if you can spend $130 more, Costco/Best Buy both have the 65" 6-series at that price and I think it's well worth the extra money. Well, you know, so long as you don't end up with one with bad DSE (but at least it's easy to return).
I did buy 2, but let one go to a buddy for cost as there were only 2 left. So the $160 was a great price.

Yeah there are too many TVs to worry about.
Maybe I’ll get into more research about the TCL6 series and see what it’s all about. Have a friend who works at Best Buy so maybe get some employee discount.

Thanks for your help
May 10, 2020
2 posts
Does the 65Q7809 have an option the put the feet / legs of the tv in a middle position? They look very wide in the photo (54"+) and I'm wondering if they would fit on my 50" wide stand. I called Hisense support but they didn't know.
May 10, 2020
2 posts
Does the 65Q7809 have the option to put the feet in a middle position? In the product photo they look very wide apart (54+") and I'm wondering if they will fit on top of my tv stand which is 50" wide.
Nov 30, 2007
821 posts
169 upvotes
Vancouver
MattS52712 wrote: Does the 65Q7809 have the option to put the feet in a middle position? In the product photo they look very wide apart (54+") and I'm wondering if they will fit on top of my tv stand which is 50" wide.
For about $50 you can get a fully height adjustable Vesa stand that will for sure fit on the most narrow of spaces.

Might make far more sense.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2019
1050 posts
353 upvotes
klown wrote: This is what I got from an e-mail to Hisense:

It's true that the models are very similar. There are two very small differences between the two - to give you more information - we made to make small changes in order to sell the second model outside of an exclusivity agreement with one of our retailers.

The Q7 series is missing Wide Colour Gamut. The bezel / feet are ever so different as well.

Overall, if you are looking for QLED, Android etc. either model is sufficient. Buy the one with the better price and extended warranty option.
That seems like out of the ordinary (good) customer service for a single email. Has anyone else had to deal with their customer service?