Hot Deals

Walmart

Hisense U6GR - 55" - $698 ($648 BF) | 4K - Local Dimming - HDR10/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos - HDMI 2.1/eARC/VRR - Roku TV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2021 4:14 pm
[OP]
Nov 29, 2020
10 posts
36 upvotes

[Walmart] Hisense U6GR - 55" - $698 ($648 BF) | 4K - Local Dimming - HDR10/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos - HDMI 2.1/eARC/VRR - Roku TV

This TV seems to be pretty good value for money considering its deep feature list.
It is however only a 60Hz panel and not 120Hz.

It is a new Roku TV version of the U6G that launched in October 2021.

It has a lot modern features including Local Dimming, HDR10 - Dolby Vision - Dolby Atmos, HDMI 2.1/eARC/VRR etc and it runs Roku TV OS instead of Android on the U6G.

I picked one up and it is a huge upgrade over our 5 year old Samsung 4K TV which recently started to experience panel issues where patches of the screen are slowing going purple.

Hisense U6GR Product Page

Edit: Forgot to mention the U6G is available on Amazon.ca for $749 so this is $50 cheaper and is a newer version with more features. Walmart seems to be the only retailer in Canada with this model at the moment, very hard to find.

Edit 2: Looks like it will be $648 as of Nov 17th for the early Black Friday sale (thanks! booyahchild01). I was able to get a price adjustment even before the sale started. YMMV.
Last edited by alltalkbands on Nov 12th, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
127 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5401 posts
777 upvotes
Sorry, confused with old U6G, thus deleted my post.
[OP]
Nov 29, 2020
10 posts
36 upvotes
Canada_7 wrote: Sorry, confused with old U6G, thus deleted my post.
Its listed as 2 x 2.1 & 2 x 2.0 (4 ports) on the Hisense Canada website under full specs.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
6865 posts
3646 upvotes
Global Village
Excellent reviews for the U6G series (except for poor viewing angles), this may not be as highly rated as the 55U68G though.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisen ... %20content.

"Hisense has released a variant of this TV, known as the Hisense U6GR or Hisense U6GR5. It's a completely different TV, with more advanced gaming features, including variable refresh rate support. It also runs the Roku smart interface instead of Android TV. We don't expect our results here to be valid for the U6GR."
Last edited by scoper on Nov 20th, 2021 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
All day I dream about sports
Nov 19, 2020
75 posts
176 upvotes
Wait until November 15. The price will be $479.99 at Costco.

Is the only difference between this and the U6G Roku vs Android? Which is considered the better OS?
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4870 posts
6808 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
doubleavic wrote: Wait until November 15. The price will be $479.99 at Costco.

Is the only difference between this and the U6G Roku vs Android? Which is considered the better OS?
US flyer?
Sep 26, 2019
168 posts
65 upvotes
Montreal,QC

It seems that this offer is for US, as it's on costco.com
Or I'm missing something?
Last edited by puscas63 on Nov 11th, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2008
1760 posts
195 upvotes
Edmonton

Looks like those are deals from US Costco, would be awesome if they would be the same for us.
Unknown wrote: Why is Playbook at $199 a door crasher??? Because Canadians are gullible. :razz:
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
30130 posts
10901 upvotes
desertdeal wrote: Looks like those are deals from US Costco, would be awesome if they would be the same for us.
Won't be the same price but could be a deal @ Costco. The problem is the TV is not even listed on Costco.ca at the moment--neither the U6G or U6GR. Not to say it won't just pop up there as is how Costblo rolls (items appearing and disappearing at random) but as of right now they don't carry this model.
alltalkbands wrote:
It has a lot modern features including Local Dimming, HDR10 - Dolby Vision - Dolby Atmos, HDMI 2.1/eARC/VRR etc and it runs Roku TV OS instead of Android on the U6G.
Where is it stated this TV has VRR? Not saying it doesn't but I can't find mention of this and Rtings specifically states the U6G (Android version) does NOT have VRR and eARC. I see Hisense says the U6GR has eARC, but I don't see VRR mentioned anywhere?
Jul 5, 2007
454 posts
95 upvotes
Langley
Says near the end of the description.
Hisense introduces a brand new member to our family of ULED televisions. The U6GR Hisense 4K Roku TV, a QLED TV which comes with a host of features and exceeds your expectations. For consumers wanting to experience some of the most talked about technologies all in one package without having to worry about how many commas are on the price tag, this Hisense Roku TV makes the most sense. 4K resolution and Quantum Dot Color combine UHD clarity and over a billion colours for beautifully clear and vibrant picture. With the latest in premium HDR technologies, Dolby Vision HDR* enhances full array local dimming for broad contrast between bright and dark content across the entire screen. At the heart of the U 6 GR is a powerful quadcore processor that manages the numerous display processes that provide a premium picture at a non- premium price.
-The introduction of Quantum Dot technologies opened some eyes. We’ve unlocked the power of over a billion colour combinations perfectly expressed. It’s easier to feel connected to what’s real while still enjoying the incredible with the 4K U6GR Roku Series.

-Hisense Roku TV makes it easy to watch what you love with all your favorite entertainment in one place. Access your cable, satellite service, and HDTV antenna, or start streaming live and on - demand TV from over 150,000 channels. Easily discover and enjoy in - season shows, live news, movies, kids’ entertainment, and more for free. Enjoy features like cross - channel search, compatibility with popular voice assistants, and automatic software updates plus voice control and private listening on the free Roku mobile app.

-The fusion of Dolby Vision HDR picture and Dolby Atmos sound transforms your TV into an entertainment powerhouse. These image and sound technologies from cinema, now brought together in the home, provide amazing realism that you'll see, hear, and feel like never before.

-Grab your Ultra - High - Speed cable and experience all that HDMI 2.1 has to offer. Higher resolutions, higher frame rates (on supported models) and more bandwidth are just a few of the things that allow gamers to take advantage of new graphics features on some of the next gen gaming consoles. HDMI 2.1 offers support for VRR, ALLM, and eARC, giving you a more simplified connection between your TV and connected devices.
May 15, 2010
27 posts
20 upvotes
This isn't on sale right? Just an unusual find?

I guess it's hard to find local dimming at this price point?
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2011
1465 posts
754 upvotes
SW Ontario
If memory serves, the U6 is the American version and U68 is the Canadian version. I think that's how Hisense does it.

I'm not sure why they would put a HDMI 2.1 port on a TV if it didn't support 4K@120hz. It's a bit like a spoiler on a Cavalier.

It might be possible that the panel can be overclocked, but it's not something I found when I was doing my research. If it can be overclocked to use the HDMI 2.1 port then it would be a pretty good deal since it's hard to find any 120hz TV's under $1000, even 55" models.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
30130 posts
10901 upvotes
always wrote: Says near the end of the description.
I dunno it also says "on supported models" so this may just be generic text. If it had VRR wouldn't that be one of the major advertised features? How would they advertise a barely-feature like ALLM as a big deal and not even mention VRR?
Sep 27, 2007
435 posts
673 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres
"Forgot to mention the U6G is available on Amazon.ca for $749 so this is $50 cheaper and is a newer version with more features"

Walmart shows it at 722 for me...so it seems amazon one include eco fee and not walmart...so it's only $27 difference....

Which feature(s) this model has that the one on amazon doesn't have ?
Penalty Box
Sep 29, 2014
241 posts
319 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I can get an extra 20% off at Walmart, is it with getting this at that price?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

TroyS493