Hot Deals

[Walmart] HOT!! - Babyroues Letour Bassinet / Stroller Travel System - $279 (55-63% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2018 1:43 pm
[OP]
Jan 11, 2009
483 posts
395 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Walmart] HOT!! - Babyroues Letour Bassinet / Stroller Travel System - $279 (55-63% off)

Spotted this during my regular clearance section browsing :) Never heard of this brand of strollers, looks to be a take on UppaBaby / Buggaboo. Most likely won't have the save warranty/customer service support as the $1000+ strollers, but you could always buy 4 of them :p

Either way it might be of interest to some new parents, regular price is probably heavily inflated ($629-749) What you guys think??

UPDATE: AFTER FURTHER RESEARCH, THIS MIGHT ACTUALLY BE A VERY HOT DEAL, BABYROUE STROLLERS ARE GOING FOR $599 (USD) AT BUYBUYBABY... https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/brand/babyroues/1936

Video review:
Last edited by remik on Dec 18th, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
43 replies
Aug 5, 2008
186 posts
104 upvotes
I'm in. My stroller handle on my Phil and Ted's Promenade broke yesterday and I have to pay $350 to replace the frame, not anymore. Thanks OP!

Take that Phil and Ted's!!!!
Apr 2, 2006
495 posts
22 upvotes
Thank you OP!

Just curious, what's the difference in the various types of strollers that are currently on sale? Avant and Letour? It seems that Luxe has some sort of leatherette for handle bar but I can't tell the difference otherwise?
Aug 5, 2008
186 posts
104 upvotes
crustydragon wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 12:14 am
Thank you OP!

Just curious, what's the difference in the various types of strollers that are currently on sale? Avant and Letour? It seems that Luxe has some sort of leatherette for handle bar but I can't tell the difference otherwise?
My guess was the Avant had bigger wheels, but I'm not sure. The Luxe has leatherette on the canopy and bassinet
Apr 2, 2006
495 posts
22 upvotes
cutey130 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 12:20 am
My guess was the Avant had bigger wheels, but I'm not sure. The Luxe has leatherette on the canopy and bassinet
According to Walmart website looks like they are the same, 12" rear and 7" front.
[OP]
Jan 11, 2009
483 posts
395 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
crustydragon wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 12:14 am
Thank you OP!

no idea, go for the "pleather" ... fancy :p
Apr 2, 2006
495 posts
22 upvotes
remik wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 7:33 am
no idea, go for the "pleather" ... fancy :p
Not sure how that's going to hold up with travelling. Ended up ordering both and will return one.

I have missed out on way too many RFD deals sitting on the fence thinking about it; now buy first think later if it's returnable! Thank you!
Aug 5, 2008
186 posts
104 upvotes
crustydragon wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 9:27 am
She reviewed the Avant. We ended up ordering both and will return one. Thanks!
Yes, I noticed that after but she did state that Retour Avant had more features than the regular Retour. Ya, good idea.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
2788 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
the lux 2 pleather has a somewhat matching interior colour for our car Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
for me, this would be more awesome if it came with a car seat instead of a bassinet
FS/FT: none atm
Oct 2, 2008
120 posts
15 upvotes
Thanks OP, hopefully this is a good stroller. It sure looks good. now i just have to track down the car seat attachment.
Jun 4, 2007
128 posts
55 upvotes
Ottawa
Prelude38 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 12:22 pm
Thanks OP, hopefully this is a good stroller. It sure looks good. now i just have to track down the car seat attachment.
Yup. The two attachments on their site only seem to be for the Letour II/Luxe.
Dec 18, 2003
574 posts
119 upvotes
Expecting Father here. Do I need a separate car seat to use with this? I am looking for something where i can take the seat out of the stroller and attach it to the car without taking baby out.

Thanks
[OP]
Jan 11, 2009
483 posts
395 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
escalade wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 2:17 pm
Expecting Father here. Do I need a separate car seat to use with this? I am looking for something where i can take the seat out of the stroller and attach it to the car without taking baby out.

Thanks

your best bet is to buy a universal car seat adapter >> http://babyroues.com/universal-carseat-adapter.html , then just about any major brand Canadian-sold car seat will do.