A658B8FE-98FF-4AA5-BD69-2312D954EAB0.jpeg
A9AB2E64-FDFE-40A9-9711-65C786C2585A.jpeg
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
16 replies
Aug 31, 2006
613 posts
421 upvotes
Calgary
Aren't these the same ones in the Costco 2-Pack for $25? Minus the ball.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
10502 posts
76619 upvotes
Ontario
Furiae wrote: Aren't these the same ones in the Costco 2-Pack for $25? Minus the ball.
No. These are xxxV. Costco ones are xxxVmax

These are the newer version. Vmax is old and I think they are reprints.
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Feb 14, 2012
48 posts
31 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: No. These are xxxV. Costco ones are xxxVmax

These are the newer version. Vmax is old and I think they are reprints.
They're GX promo cards actually. There's no VMAX in the older tins. Eeveelution VMAX cards just came out in Eevee Heroes (JP)/Evolving Skies (EN) release.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
2777 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
Not trying to burst anyone's bubble , but the only HOT deal is for Nintendo which trade papers for real money :D
Kijiji links aren't permitted in signatures. Only links to our BST forum.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3026 posts
6105 upvotes
fatkinglet wrote: Not trying to burst anyone's bubble , but the only HOT deal is for Nintendo which trade papers for real money :D
Please burst the bubble so I can buy a 1st edition base set Charizard for under $5000.
Mar 15, 2015
48 posts
30 upvotes
York, ON
Which Walmart was this? Also, did you get one? Wondering what packs are in there
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1336 posts
1412 upvotes
Toronto
Toysrus also has these for $32. Not sure if these are good values though, they only have 4 booster packs. Maybe the promo will be of value?

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Pokemon-Eevee ... 8FA09.html

GameStop currently has the presell of the GameStop exclusive V Memories Box for $45 that has the foil promo Lance's Charizard V, foil promo Dark Sylveon V, 6 Celebrations 4 card boosters, 2 additional TCG boosters. I think this is a good deal- can easily make money from the Charizard and celebration packs.

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collectibl ... -exclusive
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5947 posts
356 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone even actually play the card game?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1336 posts
1412 upvotes
Toronto
Narci wrote: Does anyone even actually play the card game?
I played it as a kid on gameboy. Now I just buy when it's a good deal and sell single cards. I keep the worthless (market value below $5) cards for my amusement. I'm in a net gain position currently. It's like a hobby I guess. Opening packs is fun.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2184 posts
2045 upvotes
Toronto
jillaryit wrote: Toysrus also has these for $32. Not sure if these are good values though, they only have 4 booster packs. Maybe the promo will be of value?

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Pokemon-Eevee ... 8FA09.html

GameStop currently has the presell of the GameStop exclusive V Memories Box for $45 that has the foil promo Lance's Charizard V, foil promo Dark Sylveon V, 6 Celebrations 4 card boosters, 2 additional TCG boosters. I think this is a good deal- can easily make money from the Charizard and celebration packs.

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collectibl ... -exclusive
I'm not familiar with Pokemon TCG, but used to play MTG for years, just wanted to clarify - those boxes comes with a "given" card (say Vaporeon V on this one you linked) plus a number of booster (with random cards, say 1 rare, 2 uncommon and 12 common)? and I assume this "given" card isn't particularly expensive (considering you don't need to luck out to get them). Is my assumption correct?
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1336 posts
1412 upvotes
Toronto
neonic wrote: I'm not familiar with Pokemon TCG, but used to play MTG for years, just wanted to clarify - those boxes comes with a "given" card (say Vaporeon V on this one you linked) plus a number of booster (with random cards, say 1 rare, 2 uncommon and 12 common)? and I assume this "given" card isn't particularly expensive (considering you don't need to luck out to get them). Is my assumption correct?
Yes, given cards aren't particularly expensive, but usually still has value like $3+. Charizards typically are more expensive because for some reasons, people like Charizards. Also depends how much supply the boxes have. Even though this is Gamestop exclusive, it seems the two given cards are available in other boxes as well so may not be as expensive.

Also, celebration 25th anniversary boosters will be all holos and contain reprints and improved remakes of previously released expensive cards. So people are interested. At launch, everything will be sold out so if you sell the packs then, it will be $$$. But if the supply of the celebration boosters is oversupplied in a year's time, value will drop. But there's odds to get the base set Charizard in these celebration packs, so there should always be value in these packs unopened.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
17018 posts
7354 upvotes
Furiae wrote: Aren't these the same ones in the Costco 2-Pack for $25? Minus the ball.
Costco has Pokemon cards back in stock?

I know they have the tins in July but they seem sold out everywhere (they were $35 too).
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4907 posts
2066 upvotes
Winnipeg
TrevorK wrote: Costco has Pokemon cards back in stock?

I know they have the tins in July but they seem sold out everywhere (they were $35 too).
New ones with Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon GX cards. Comes with a tin and pokeball.

Post #50: costco-west-bc-ab-mb-sk-aug-30-sept-5-2 ... 5-2486522/
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
17018 posts
7354 upvotes
jcon wrote: New ones with Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon GX cards. Comes with a tin and pokeball.

Post #50: costco-west-bc-ab-mb-sk-aug-30-sept-5-2 ... 5-2486522/
Thank you!

Don't know why I didn't see that, I always look at that one. My son would love it because he gets 7 packs. I got him the $35 one at Costco previously and he really liked it.

Edit: Thanks again, just grabbed one for my son today. Seemed like lots left too but I'm guessing it's new to Costco. My son will enjoy opening up the packs of cards!