• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2021 1:20 pm
[OP]
Dec 21, 2012
408 posts
735 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

[Walmart] HOT!! - Remington Ranger 8-Amp Electric Pole Saw/Chainsaw - $30

I've been tracking this pole saw for a while. It was $87 for a long time but just dropped to $30 today. I went to the Boardwalk location in Waterloo - 3 left in the Garden Center section (far right as soon as you enter). As with all Walmart deep discounted deals, good luck!

Thanks again to @seafish , you can track inventory here: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=8493184650

Here's the product on Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/reming ... 1001407956

This is what the box looks like. It's a massive prism shaped box:
IMG_4585.jpg
68 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3769 posts
3224 upvotes
cool. no trees on my property to cut and can't touch those on the otherside of the sidewalk...

would really like to trim some of those branches... lol
Jan 5, 2014
68 posts
265 upvotes
Mississauga
Two left at Erin Mills Town Centre, upper level, north east corner, on the top shelf. Near the toy department.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
6546 posts
6850 upvotes
Vancouver
Great price for a useful tool, but not carried in many stores, and OOS in all that do carry it.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2005
1108 posts
788 upvotes
Waterloo
Just be careful. My tree guy didn't want me using one of these as he said he didn't want me to end up in a wheelchair. He's not one to try and add work to the bill.

After using a pole saw anyway, I totally get what he meant. Long branches are heavy and turn into springs when the soft side touches down first. Then they go wherever they want and don't much care where you are. This matters more when you're trying for higher branches.
Penalty Box
Aug 25, 2019
806 posts
826 upvotes
You're the MAN! Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
Nov 25, 2012
12 posts
7 upvotes
Charlottetown
Nice find OP. Been wanting/needing one of these for a bit. Just picked one up.
Dec 14, 2011
654 posts
790 upvotes
Toronto
Was anyone able to find one in the gta? Went to the Malton location before work but no luck..
Dec 9, 2016
51 posts
66 upvotes
Stranger wrote: Just be careful. My tree guy didn't want me using one of these as he said he didn't want me to end up in a wheelchair. He's not one to try and add work to the bill.

After using a pole saw anyway, I totally get what he meant. Long branches are heavy and turn into springs when the soft side touches down first. Then they go wherever they want and don't much care where you are. This matters more when you're trying for higher branches.
Anything is easier if you pay someone to do it for you.

I agree that these are tricky to use, but not impossible. Never cut all the way through. 95%, see where it swings and mind your head on the final push. As small and light as they are, after using the machine for a while it can feel a bit heavy top side. Take breaks when needed and never force yourself through the project.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2004
1040 posts
135 upvotes
tgmavan wrote: Anything is easier if you pay someone to do it for you.

I agree that these are tricky to use, but not impossible. Never cut all the way through. 95%, see where it swings and mind your head on the final push. As small and light as they are, after using the machine for a while it can feel a bit heavy top side. Take breaks when needed and never force yourself through the project.
Solid advice
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1268 posts
704 upvotes
bobsackamano wrote: Solid advice
Solid advice would be to buy this as a chainsaw only and throw away the stick.
If you absolutely need to cut branches high up use a pole hand saw, if it requires more effort than that then hire someone who knows what he's doing.
Sep 30, 2015
624 posts
877 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
govas19 wrote: Solid advice would be to buy this as a chainsaw only and throw away the stick.
If you absolutely need to cut branches high up use a pole hand saw, if it requires more effort than that then hire someone who knows what he's doing.
Thanks dad...
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1268 posts
704 upvotes
King31 wrote: Thanks dad...
Funny bro... I would have said that.
But than again someone may have to cut the occasional tree downed by a storm and "cut 90% and than figure out where is gonna fall" is really noob advice. With a pole chainsaw.
Not that I care.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1565 posts
191 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks OP, got one at Bradford, Garden center section (obviously).
They have sticker which says 87.xy, but scans as 30.
2 left as of 10:30am today
Mar 21, 2002
796 posts
85 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks,OP. Picked one up at Place Viau, Montreal, this morning. Stocktracker shows presently four instead of eight when I went to pick one up in the seasonal department up on the top ledge against the wall.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6290 posts
3794 upvotes
Toronto
muffin4life wrote: cool. no trees on my property to cut and can't touch those on the otherside of the sidewalk...

would really like to trim some of those branches... lol
Is it illegal to wear those costco orange vest pretending to be city tree guy going around the neighborhood after midnight cutting down branches you don't like?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)