[Walmart] Huawei P20 Pro Unlocked $699 [Dec. 2-4]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2019 4:28 pm
Nov 16, 2012
640 posts
177 upvotes
VANCOUVER
mac_bug wrote: pixel 3a XL no brainer man
Why tho? Doesn't the p20 have stronger performance and still a good camera?
Jun 6, 2007
501 posts
193 upvotes
CAPRICA
I guess it depends on what you're wanting to do. Pixel 3a has OLED screen, headphone jack and still the best rated camera and google software. Huawei P20 is 2 years old now and will be out of OS update soon. You're stuck with EMUI (which isn't terrible since I'm on a P20 Pro right now) and you can't root it. I really actually hate the front fingerprint reader placement (it's too low) and prefer reader on the back. I doubt in a day to day basis you'll notice the performance difference (admittedly the P20 probably will boot apps faster), but if you play video games then you might want to consider a OnePlus7 from aliexpress or something.

EMUI has the nasty habit of killing apps when you don't want it to though.
Oct 5, 2008
530 posts
530 upvotes
GTA
It's a nice phone, with a great camera - but it could be had for less than a quarter of this price last year at Black Friday via Koodo. ($305 tab, minus $150 in bill credits).
Nov 16, 2012
640 posts
177 upvotes
VANCOUVER
mac_bug wrote: I guess it depends on what you're wanting to do. Pixel 3a has OLED screen, headphone jack and still the best rated camera and google software. Huawei P20 is 2 years old now and will be out of OS update soon. You're stuck with EMUI (which isn't terrible since I'm on a P20 Pro right now) and you can't root it. I really actually hate the front fingerprint reader placement (it's too low) and prefer reader on the back. I doubt in a day to day basis you'll notice the performance difference (admittedly the P20 probably will boot apps faster), but if you play video games then you might want to consider a OnePlus7 from aliexpress or something.

EMUI has the nasty habit of killing apps when you don't want it to though.
Thanks, very helpful.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13443 posts
3703 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Fatty55 wrote: It's a nice phone, with a great camera - but it could be had for less than a quarter of this price last year at Black Friday via Koodo. ($305 tab, minus $150 in bill credits).
Is the camera on the non-pro that good though? I've heard the AI software is too aggressive, resulting in kind of artificial looking photos.
Oct 5, 2008
530 posts
530 upvotes
GTA
Rogido wrote: Is the camera on the non-pro that good though? I've heard the AI software is too aggressive, resulting in kind of artificial looking photos.
Not sure - it was the pro that I was referring to. Great camera.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13443 posts
3703 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Fatty55 wrote: Not sure - it was the pro that I was referring to. Great camera.
Oops, sorry. I got confused.