Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Walmart] Instant pot 8 qt Black Friday deal $59.88

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 2:16 am
Dec 10, 2009
283 posts
443 upvotes
seafish wrote: No, it was exact same model
Correct my walmart black friday 48.88 instant pot from last year was a Lux 8 Qt.
Apr 10, 2017
52 posts
50 upvotes
Damn, I just bought one off Amazon when it was ~$90. Think I'm gonna have to return that now.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3258 posts
655 upvotes
Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better when it comes to Instant Pots. I live in a condo by myself and the 6 quart is perfect. The 8 quart has more capacity but also takes longer to pressurize and takes up more counter space.
Dec 10, 2012
921 posts
553 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Since everyone has one by now, you can still justify buying them at this price.

Makes great wedding/house warming gifts.
Oct 15, 2017
11 posts
46 upvotes
GTA
Do pressure cooker have a function where they can be used as a slow cooker?
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5808 posts
1648 upvotes
Montreal
AlicW93740 wrote: It's also a very old model. I bought this exact same thing 5 years ago. It is very useful and durable.

However it has most of the functionalities of the fancy new ones. I mean who's gonna make yogurt with it???
A lot of people make yogurt in it!
Nov 16, 2004
962 posts
12 upvotes
are there features on this to use as an airfryer..?? I dont have either , but wanting to pick up some gifts.. cannot decide whether to get them an air fryer or an instant pot...and I dont know their cooking pattern to say what they prefer.
Jun 27, 2017
432 posts
598 upvotes
GTA
What's the difference between LUX (this one) and Duo?

Edit: nvm... found it
Images
  • IP-models.png
Jul 7, 2009
78 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
can WM in store specials be price matched at other retailers?
Dec 9, 2005
474 posts
61 upvotes
EhJayAych2 wrote: Damn, I just bought one off Amazon when it was ~$90. Think I'm gonna have to return that now.
I also ordered one from Amazon and will receive it today. Should I return it and wait for Walmart one?
Nov 19, 2018
37 posts
57 upvotes
wenger123 wrote: Pretty sure last years at 48.88 was a 6 qt... this is a 8 qt. much better deal.
nope, 8 qt.

i ended up getting one on line (fill your cart early, and start hitting reload around 10:55 eastern til the price drops)
Jul 24, 2008
892 posts
484 upvotes
I hope Black Friday doesn't turn into Boxing Day, where the deals get worse and worse until there are no deals at all....
Aug 30, 2009
105 posts
24 upvotes
GTA
jpthornhill wrote: I also ordered one from Amazon and will receive it today. Should I return it and wait for Walmart one?
In-store only this year. So there's the waking up/not sleeping, the cold, the extra time spent, the extra hassle, the risk of not even getting one given the shortage last year...maybe it's worth an extra $30 to avoid all of this.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1259 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga
smelllie wrote: In-store only this year. So there's the waking up/not sleeping, the cold, the extra time spent, the extra hassle, the risk of not even getting one given the shortage last year...maybe it's worth an extra $30 to avoid all of this.
I bought received the amazon deal over the weekend and did not even unpacked yet. Its tempting to save $30 but as you said its not worth to fight the crowds early in the morning let alone online refreshing the page with OOS message.

Btw..i never returned anything to amazon in the past, incase if i have to return, choose the "better price else where" option ? whats the return period ? is it 30 days from the delivery? (tried to find that info on the order but could not figure out)