Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Walmart] Instant pot 8 qt Black Friday deal $59.88

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 2:16 am
Member
Feb 25, 2015
201 posts
52 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Keenetic wrote: Do pressure cooker have a function where they can be used as a slow cooker?
Yes
Member
Aug 14, 2019
496 posts
250 upvotes
It doesn't have a chili feature and unfortunately, the 8 Quart is massive for our kitchen counter.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1652 posts
632 upvotes
mjavor wrote: I hope Black Friday doesn't turn into Boxing Day, where the deals get worse and worse until there are no deals at all....

It already has, BD is a joke now.
Jr. Member
Aug 14, 2019
162 posts
206 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: It doesn't have a chili feature
The specific settings are just timers. So for chili, just press manual, set it to ~15 minutes.
Jr. Member
Apr 1, 2012
167 posts
165 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Great deal for a basic 8 quart. I am hoping for a 6 quart duo (any of the duo models) to have a solid price.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1737 posts
531 upvotes
GTA
I was thinking of getting an additional pot, but that's $45 on Amazon lol. Guess I'll just buy a 2nd unit so I can cook at the same time ☺️
Jr. Member
Aug 30, 2009
105 posts
24 upvotes
GTA
mkannuri wrote: Btw..i never returned anything to amazon in the past, incase if i have to return, choose the "better price else where" option ? whats the return period ? is it 30 days from the delivery? (tried to find that info on the order but could not figure out)
I never had to return anything either so I don't have first-hand experience with the process. But I do hear that depending on the option you select they may charge for return shipping. Maybe someone else can chime in.

If you go to your orders page, it should tell you the "eligible for return until" date next to the item.
Member
Dec 12, 2013
224 posts
123 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
It seems that the Lux has fewer features than the duo, notably:

1. No side handle for the lid. Instead you need to put the lid down on the counter (doesn't seem like a big deal though?)
2. Missing low pressure cooking setting, for certain vegetables and fish.
3. Unpluggable cord
4. Yogurt option

Anyone own the lux and if they could go back, they would buy the duo for one or more of these features?
Member
Jul 19, 2018
305 posts
647 upvotes
wenger123 wrote: Pretty sure last years at 48.88 was a 6 qt... this is a 8 qt. much better deal.
Nope. Absolutely wrong. 8 qt $48.88. used it today, gave 2 as gifts. Don't spread false info.
Member
Jul 19, 2018
305 posts
647 upvotes
wenger123 wrote: Pretty sure last years at 48.88 was a 6 qt... this is a 8 qt. much better deal.
Pretty wrong.....
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1319 posts
251 upvotes
Mississauga
smelllie wrote: I never had to return anything either so I don't have first-hand experience with the process. But I do hear that depending on the option you select they may charge for return shipping. Maybe someone else can chime in.

If you go to your orders page, it should tell you the "eligible for return until" date next to the item.
thanks, just checked and saw that "Return by Jan 31, 2020" so will keep it incase if the BF deal is not available (i am pretty sure i wont be rushing to WM that early morning)
Sr. Member
Nov 25, 2016
528 posts
387 upvotes
Burnaby
wackojacko wrote: I was thinking of getting an additional pot, but that's $45 on Amazon lol. Guess I'll just buy a 2nd unit so I can cook at the same time ☺️
Yeah, the steel pot is damn good. I use it directly on the stovetop sometimes too.

Top