Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Instant Pot + Air fryer $99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2020 7:51 am
Feb 13, 2020
3 posts
Just bought it online for 130 and got the price adjusted via chat. Rep refunded more than the 30+tax so my final price was 96+tax.
Thanks
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42390 posts
6746 upvotes
Arrived today. Earlier than expected, compared to Dec 21st. Yay.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42390 posts
6746 upvotes
beezus888 wrote: Just an fyi, went to midland. Plenty there as it is listed as 229.98 on the sign but scans 99.98
You drove that far? Or do you live near there?
Blanka
May 19, 2008
642 posts
235 upvotes
It was a nice Sunday drive for my friend and I after being under what seems like house arrest! I also had to pick up something in Barrie on the way.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42390 posts
6746 upvotes
beezus888 wrote: It was a nice Sunday drive for my friend and I after being under what seems like house arrest! I also had to pick up something in Barrie on the way.
Nice! It is a lovely town indeed. For me it is a 45 min drive.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1589 posts
1343 upvotes
Ottawa
rinse wrote: Dumb question, but you did include enough liquid in the pot right?
After another failed / undercooked chicken, I think I figured it out by looking at a number of other recipes.
It was using the sautéing at the start for 'colour' *and* to do some of the actual cooking. Whereas I was using that step simply to get the needed colour.

The giveaway was one recipe that didn't have a sautéing or broiling or frying step ending up recommending a pressure cooking time that was 10 minutes greater.

(Testing of the theory will have to wait for next time)
Last edited by cloak on Dec 15th, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1102 posts
560 upvotes
I agree, to get good food it takes a bit of trial and error.
First try on fries, they came out ok so I think there's potential.
For a hoot I tried a steak, it was ok but I can do it a lot better on bbq. Again, by trial and error I think it can get pretty good eventually, maybe I'll play around with it some more come January. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I was put off a bit by the smell of the hot plastic though during cooking. Hope it improves.

For me the biggest issue with this it does not come with a recipes book, at least like basic-noob kind of a thing just to get you started. As such I must look up recipes, some which are done on other models.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1589 posts
1343 upvotes
Ottawa
govas19 wrote: I agree, to get good food it takes a bit of trial and error.
First try on fries, they came out ok so I think there's potential.
For a hoot I tried a steak, it was ok but I can do it a lot better on bbq. Again, by trial and error I think it can get pretty good eventually, maybe I'll play around with it some more come January. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I was put off a bit by the smell of the hot plastic though during cooking. Hope it improves.

For me the biggest issue with this it does not come with a recipes book, at least like basic-noob kind of a thing just to get you started. As such I must look up recipes, some which are done on other models.
I have not done steak in the IP but I have done it in a slow cooker: slow cooked followed by the grill for that last searing and smokey step.

The IP steak a family member made me before the Covid-times was the reason I tried slow cooking the steak before a quick grilling in the first place.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1102 posts
560 upvotes
cloak wrote: slow cooked followed by the grill for that last searing and smokey step.
It is the other way for me, sear it and than cook it. This way the steak will be very juicy & all that good stuff.
The cooking was not the issue with the IP, the searing was. Like I said trial and error.
Searing on a regular BBQ is hard to beat, the best being a wood BBQ.
Sep 2, 2016
693 posts
363 upvotes
Got the last one at Thornhill Walmart today. $99
May 19, 2008
642 posts
235 upvotes
Has anyone tried it yet? I haven't. The box is so huge
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19722 posts
5880 upvotes
No more left at Thunder Bay stores it seems. Still haven't opened mine. Got a bunch of cook books and a couple days off starting Thursday, so I will be able to check it out then...
Nov 9, 2017
96 posts
37 upvotes
Ahhhh. So Confused. Bought the TFal Easy Fry from Walmart. Cannot decide if I should keep that or buy one of the following???

TFal Easy Fry Walmart $50 (bought it about 2 weeks ago)

Frigidaire Air Fryer $139 (main reason to buy is rotisserie) https://www.londondrugs.com/frigidaire- ... 89371.html

Ninja Foodi Grill and Air Fryer $199 Canadian Tire and Costco

This $99 Instant Pot + Air Fryer

Please advise. Thank you!!!
Koodo, Public Mobile, Telus, Tangerine Bank, HSBC, Mylo,
Drop, WealthSimple, Swagbucks, AwardWallet,
Mar 25, 2006
126 posts
30 upvotes
I was also trying to decide and ultimately went a dedicated air fryer (basket).

I trieI tried the corsori toaster oven style and made some springs rolls and it came out meh. Toasting bread took way too long at 7 -9 min. From what I read, the toaster oven is a jack of all and a master of none.

I also bought the instant pot as in this thread (I have an instant pot 6qt and use it a lot ). I opened the box and the air frying basket was very small. Maybe an 8qt would be better. I don’t doubt the heat it can generate will be hotter than oven style and probably similar to the basket style.

I also had an unopened ninja basket air fryer from Costco but ultimately went with the insignia because of the square shape of basket and manual dials (should have less issues than digital). Best Buy insignia’s was slightly cheaper by $10 but the ninja one was purchased at Costco. The basket style makes cooking and clean up easy. I find it seems to be hotter than the oven styletoo.Very easy to use and so far, I used it often (cook but also to reheat).

I am trying to find stuff to cook from scratch instead of buying frozen processed foods.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1589 posts
1343 upvotes
Ottawa
ngs888 wrote: I was also trying to decide and ultimately went a dedicated air fryer (basket).

I trieI tried the corsori toaster oven style and made some springs rolls and it came out meh. Toasting bread took way too long at 7 -9 min. From what I read, the toaster oven is a jack of all and a master of none.

I also bought the instant pot as in this thread (I have an instant pot 6qt and use it a lot ). I opened the box and the air frying basket was very small. Maybe an 8qt would be better. I don’t doubt the heat it can generate will be hotter than oven style and probably similar to the basket style.

I also had an unopened ninja basket air fryer from Costco but ultimately went with the insignia because of the square shape of basket and manual dials (should have less issues than digital). Best Buy insignia’s was slightly cheaper by $10 but the ninja one was purchased at Costco. The basket style makes cooking and clean up easy. I find it seems to be hotter than the oven styletoo.Very easy to use and so far, I used it often (cook but also to reheat).

I am trying to find stuff to cook from scratch instead of buying frozen processed foods.
I would agree that the basket is small on this. Thankfully this was a "splurge" to replace a slow cooker plus we have no deep frier.

The fryer feels like it is meant for one or two people max. However, I have not had a fryer in over 10 years so it's a nice extra to have the option but it definitely doesn't feel convenient. The wings I made were really enjoyable while the fries were a lot of work.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1589 posts
1343 upvotes
Ottawa
beezus888 wrote: Has anyone tried it yet? I haven't. The box is so huge
Some of the extra space is because there are two big lids: pressure cooking lid, and air frying lid.
Aug 16, 2014
278 posts
251 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
I’ve had mine for about 2 weeks now. Air fryer saves us so much time and pressure cooker works wonders. Only downside is that it’s not huge inside. If you’re buying this solely for the air fryer, I would recommend getting a standalone air fryer as the space is probably the only deal breaker with this thing.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2943 posts
512 upvotes
North York
Manver wrote: Went to get my free photos. Saw this at $99.
This was $130 on Black Friday. Now even lower at Laval, Quebec
Unfortunately stocktrack isn't working for Walmart.

Good luck.
Lol! Welcome to the Club. That's the idea of the "Free Photos" - you get in the store and unless you are wearing blinders - you end up buying something else also! Case in Point!