iRobot Braava Jet 245 Mopping Robot, $80 in store YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2020 3:37 pm
[OP]
May 5, 2019
40 posts
376 upvotes

[Walmart] iRobot Braava Jet 245 Mopping Robot, $80 in store YMMV

Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 26th, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added a retailer
30 replies
Feb 24, 2020
172 posts
293 upvotes
Montreal
I see $159 around a few locations near Montreal and Toronto.
$72.98 in Erin Mills and Brampton south supercenter (limited stock though).

How is Bravaa compared to Roomba?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3876 posts
5858 upvotes
CrimeMasterGoGo wrote: I see $159 around a few locations near Montreal and Toronto.
$72.98 in Erin Mills and Brampton south supercenter (limited stock though).

How is Bravaa compared to Roomba?
It's Roomba brand just for mopping..
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13271 posts
12056 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: It's Roomba brand just for mopping..
Braava is sweeping and mopping robot. Braava jet is newer one with a front jet to shot out water for mapping. Braava does not suck up the water like the Scooba does.
Roomba is vacuuming robot.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Nov 1, 2016
163 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, just picked one up for $159. In my option, Bravva 245 is better than the m6 (x6 the price), you don't need all those bell and whistle for a mopping. Unlike vacuum robot set it and forget it, you would need to change the cleaning pad manually anyway. So until they invent a robot that could wash the cloth itself.....

BTW If you like a company without any debt, iRobot's stock is the way to go.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1176 posts
1479 upvotes
ottawa
Can't go wrong for $80 but the robot itsled is pretty dumb. I have one myself and I find it cleaning the same area too much and skipping others altogether. Does not have any navigation capabilities.
Aug 31, 2018
59 posts
34 upvotes
egdeen wrote: Thanks OP, just picked one up for $159. In my option, Bravva 245 is better than the m6 (x6 the price), you don't need all those bell and whistle for a mopping. Unlike vacuum robot set it and forget it, you would need to change the cleaning pad manually anyway. So until they invent a robot that could wash the cloth itself.....

BTW If you like a company without any debt, iRobot's stock is the way to go.
Which location did you pick up from?
Apr 22, 2007
320 posts
154 upvotes
Markham
I have the Braava 380t and I love it, use it very frequently. The 380t comes with a navigation cube which I think the 245 doesn't come with though. Not that it is super smart in navigating but it does help the mop go back to "missed spots".
Nov 1, 2016
163 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
Kratos07 wrote: Which location did you pick up from?
Calgary Northland, stockx said it has one left and that one is in the electronic section. Walmart system is pretty conservative, it will show out of stock when the stock is low.
lengmui wrote: I have the Braava 380t and I love it, use it very frequently. The 380t comes with a navigation cube which I think the 245 doesn't come with though. Not that it is super smart in navigating but it does help the mop go back to "missed spots".
245 uses a very similar algorithm as 380 from a company Mint they brought few years ago. Your 380 will work fine without the navigation cube for small area, but just like your phone the inertial measurement will accumulate error so it will lost it way in large area. Yeah the algorithm seems dumb but it does get the job done!
Apr 26, 2019
221 posts
142 upvotes
Thanks OP. I was already planning to buy one, so perfect timing. Picked one for $159.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3716 posts
1112 upvotes
Vancouver
lengmui wrote: I have the Braava 380t and I love it, use it very frequently. The 380t comes with a navigation cube which I think the 245 doesn't come with though. Not that it is super smart in navigating but it does help the mop go back to "missed spots".
I have a roomba 960 and love it. The braava intrigues me. Is the 380t smart enough to avoid rugs and carpeted areas? When it sprays the cleaning solution, does it overspray to a certain distance around it?
Apr 22, 2007
320 posts
154 upvotes
Markham
litebrite wrote: I have a roomba 960 and love it. The braava intrigues me. Is the 380t smart enough to avoid rugs and carpeted areas? When it sprays the cleaning solution, does it overspray to a certain distance around it?
The 380t doesn't spray, theres a reservoir with a 'padded area' in the middle where water will slowly leak through to the mopping pad below it, and keep it consistently moist enough to mop properly. It also means the floor dries super quickly since its just mopping with a moist cloth rather than spraying liquid. It can avoid rugs and carpeted areas, even low profile ones. I have a Eufy vacuum that goes over some low profile rugs I have but the Braava turns around as soon as it touches the edge.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13271 posts
12056 upvotes
lengmui wrote: The 380t doesn't spray, theres a reservoir with a 'padded area' in the middle where water will slowly leak through to the mopping pad below it, and keep it consistently moist enough to mop properly. It also means the floor dries super quickly since its just mopping with a moist cloth rather than spraying liquid. It can avoid rugs and carpeted areas, even low profile ones. I have a Eufy vacuum that goes over some low profile rugs I have but the Braava turns around as soon as it touches the edge.
This means that don't use the Braava Jet on laminate plank or unsealed wood plank flooring. You don't want water on these flooring to soak up water and swell. Vinyl plank flooring is waterproof.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Nov 22, 2017
254 posts
313 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP!
Bought it yesterday at Walmart Kirkland for 159, but today I was near Lachenaie Walmart so I price matched it and got 80+tax cad reimbursed. It's quite a ride from Kirkland to Terrebonne, so decide yourself it worth the trip. Yesterday I saw 2 units left on shelf in Kirkland and according to stocktrack they are still there.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3716 posts
1112 upvotes
Vancouver
lengmui wrote: The 380t doesn't spray, theres a reservoir with a 'padded area' in the middle where water will slowly leak through to the mopping pad below it, and keep it consistently moist enough to mop properly. It also means the floor dries super quickly since its just mopping with a moist cloth rather than spraying liquid. It can avoid rugs and carpeted areas, even low profile ones. I have a Eufy vacuum that goes over some low profile rugs I have but the Braava turns around as soon as it touches the edge.
Thanks for the review. Now to keep a lookout for a Braava!
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
2102 posts
2637 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Thanks OP. I bit outta my price range though. I'll pick it up for $80 but most of the prices are at $159. :(
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2086 posts
795 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: Thanks OP. I bit outta my price range though. I'll pick it up for $80 but most of the prices are at $159. :(
I'd pay $159 but nothing in my area...