Shopping Discussion

Walmart Keeps Charging my Debit Card and Reversing the Charges for the Past Month

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2018 6:42 am
[OP]
Jun 11, 2008
59 posts
8 upvotes

Walmart Keeps Charging my Debit Card and Reversing the Charges for the Past Month

This issue started at the end of November and is still persisting. Usually they will charge me twice before reversing one of the charges and this usually keeps happening every second or third day. I've called their support multiple times and they keep claiming that their warehouse is going to ship out my PS4 pre-ordered video games and these charges will eventually stop. The funny thing is that these games don't have an expected release date yet. I've incurred $8 extra in monthly bank account charges last month and I keep finding that I'm out $100-$200 temporarily due to these bogus transactions.

It is a frustrating experience dealing with them right now because they keep giving me the same run around. Is anyone else having the same issue? What can I do to get them to stop this for good?
2 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1494 posts
647 upvotes
London
cancel the order or get a real credit card that dont charge fees for transactions.
[OP]
Jun 11, 2008
59 posts
8 upvotes
aaron158 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 1:45 am
cancel the order or get a real credit card that dont charge fees for transactions.
If I cancel the order, I will lose out on the pre-order discount. If I had used a credit card, there would have been an owing amount at the end of the monthly CC statement unless I dispute the charges but what happens if they continue charging me over and over again? I would waste more time disputing these charges with the CC company. It's a bad scenario regardless of the type of payment.

I will try to escalate this issue with Walmart later today and see what happens.