• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2019 10:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3675 posts
964 upvotes

[Walmart] Kicking Horse Coffee $8.14

Walmart has Kicking Horse Coffee (whole beans) on sale for $9.xx. At the till, it scanned in at $8.14. This smokes any deal out there at the moment for KH coffee, including Amazon subscription - which by the way, their tactic in the last 12 months seems to be dropping prices prior to subscription shipment dates, raising prices during shipment period so you pay the higher price, then dropping prices down mid month again to get more subscribers. Pretty sure the first month you get the sale price, then every month there after, it's based on the price during shipping date... which has been closer to $12-$15 in the last few months than the $9-$10 that they always run sales for.
7 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15705 posts
16865 upvotes
Oakville
bowmah wrote: Walmart has Kicking Horse Coffee (whole beans) on sale for $9.xx. At the till, it scanned in at $8.14. This smokes any deal out there at the moment for KH coffee, including Amazon subscription - which by the way, their tactic in the last 12 months seems to be dropping prices prior to subscription shipment dates, raising prices during shipment period so you pay the higher price, then dropping prices down mid month again to get more subscribers. Pretty sure the first month you get the sale price, then every month there after, it's based on the price during shipping date... which has been closer to $12-$15 in the last few months than the $9-$10 that they always run sales for.
1lb bags?
If you think amazon is screwing you with dates, why not just change your shipping date? I just review my S&S items before they ship, and if I don't like the price I cancel it.
Last edited by engineered on May 27th, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3675 posts
964 upvotes
engineered wrote: 1lb bags?
If you think amazon is screwing you with dates, why not just change your shipping date? I just review my S&S items before they ship, and if I don't like the price I cancel it.
I usually check but sometimes I miss them. Do you actually see the potential charge before the 23rd (cut off date to edit shipment)? You can CHANGE shipment date for Amazon subscription?!

@trixR4kids and @junkyjunky , their site search ain't so great. Physically, I saw a sale sticker that said $9.xx (that's why I bought it). At the till, it rang up at $8.14. Here is a listing for $8 on Walmart.ca. Not even sure how my purchase was $8.14 -

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/kicking-ho ... 0196293526
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15705 posts
16865 upvotes
Oakville
bowmah wrote: I usually check but sometimes I miss them. Do you actually see the potential charge before the 23rd (cut off date to edit shipment)? You can CHANGE shipment date for Amazon subscription?!

@trixR4kids and @junkyjunky , their site search ain't so great. Physically, I saw a sale sticker that said $9.xx (that's why I bought it). At the till, it rang up at $8.14. Here is a listing for $8 on Walmart.ca. Not even sure how my purchase was $8.14 -

I check when I get the email that says your S&S is about to be fulfilled.

You can change the date for your next order on the S&S page.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3675 posts
964 upvotes
engineered wrote: I check when I get the email that says your S&S is about to be fulfilled.

You can change the date for your next order on the S&S page.

Thanks, I see the date change option tin that tiny font now! lol Waiting till the 23rd and finding out our household is not getting coffee in a week, it's like playing with fire dude! I will have to stay on top of this more diligently. Million dollar questions:

1. Before the cut off date, can you see the price?

2. I believe that price may not be final. Final priced is based on the ship date no?

btw, who are the 2 knobs that downvoted one of the lowest pirces that KH has been. Haters or what.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4971 posts
9595 upvotes
Ottawa
bowmah wrote: I usually check but sometimes I miss them. Do you actually see the potential charge before the 23rd (cut off date to edit shipment)? You can CHANGE shipment date for Amazon subscription?!

Shows $11.94 for me.
This is location-specific price, only available for handful of stores in AB, BC and MB.
And it's not the one you linked (that one is ground)
Whole beans are here:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/kicking-ho ... 0196210618
($15.77 for me)
Check stock and price:
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=62907050008

You probably get downvotes because this deal is YMMV and you didn't even specify store where you bought it.