Hot Deals

[Walmart] Kitchen Aid 4.5 qt CLASSIC mixer with 2 bonuses! Black colour only. $247.98

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2020 9:48 am
[OP]
Nov 9, 2005
109 posts
117 upvotes

[Walmart] Kitchen Aid 4.5 qt CLASSIC mixer with 2 bonuses! Black colour only. $247.98

Hey guys, awesome deal on a Kitchen Aid mixer and for those who won't pay full price for one of these things like me! Hehe...

4.5 qt Classic tilt head mixer with bonuses of 3qt bowl and flex beater. BLACK colour ONLY.

Bonuses valued at 99 bucks; pics of bonuses from Kitchen Aid website for reference. I don't think the 3qt bowl is the exact one but it's the most similar I could find for reference.

I bought a refurb 5qt Artisan when it was 169.99, but now on Kitchen Aid website it's 229.99 +5% off for email sign up, so it's not really worth it. Just mentioning this for price comparison.

You may be able to get this deal in store, but it's YMMV. Nothing in GTA avail.

Here's the stocktrack link: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=88304954440

Hope some people pick up a new mixer! Stay safe y'all!
Images
  • 20200326_172240.jpg
  • 20200326_172222.jpg
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5004 posts
2200 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Man, got this exact same one with all the attachments for 99 bucks during that Zellers pickle fiasco. Now I wish I had picked up 2 for that price. I never thought I'd miss Zellers, but I do.
May 29, 2006
32 posts
12 upvotes
Silly question - will this specific unit work to grind meat of the attachment is purchased?

Also would you guys recommend this machine for basic baker? We don't need anything fancy but it would be nice to have it in the house when or if it's needed.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2091 posts
1218 upvotes
Toronto
SiR_JDM wrote: Silly question - will this specific unit work to grind meat of the attachment is purchased?

Also would you guys recommend this machine for basic baker? We don't need anything fancy but it would be nice to have it in the house when or if it's needed.
Similar question... for basic needs, maybe living alone, is this enough? At what level/point would someone need the larger/more powerful models?
Oct 4, 2019
22 posts
22 upvotes
SiR_JDM wrote: Silly question - will this specific unit work to grind meat of the attachment is purchased?

vtse wrote: Similar question... for basic needs, maybe living alone, is this enough? At what level/point would someone need the larger/more powerful models?
Hello,

I'll answer the both of you as much as I can. While I don't have the Grider attachment, I've got the Artisan model with Ice Cream mixer and Pasta (flattener/cutter) attachments.

It depends how much meat and how often you grind, same goes for how much do you bake and how often. The big bubbas that are 6qt Pro are for either families like my in-laws who make large meals for their community on a weekly basis, or say a restaurant/bakery for high demand operations. I've considered a meat grinder attachment for my Artisan and have read mixed reviews. If using it sparingly as it would be for mine and my family's usage (once or twice a year, really) it may work, but reviews have said if needed for daily operations a dedicated meat grinder would be optimal to them, no matter the mixer size.

My mixer has no issues with the pasta cutter attachment, but sometimes has issues churning the icecream batches. Ice cream is made once in a while, but my bowl is pretty much full when it does happen.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2005
109 posts
117 upvotes
This unit can fit the meat grinder attachment, however, I've heard mixed reviews about the meat grinder as it's made of plastic, and can break easily. I'm talking about the OEM from Kitchen Aid. I want to look for an all stainless attachment but no luck yet. I'm worried about bacteria staying on it. Also, if you want to make sausages, you need to buy attachment that fits in grinder. These 2 attachments are about 200 bucks with the mixer.