• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2019 10:58 am
Tags:
None
May 28, 2007
996 posts
354 upvotes
svcbn wrote: Slightly off topic but I would guess a large majority are flipping the phones and not keeping the Koodo plans. I would have been in the minority, however, was unable to find an iPhone 8 at any of my local Walmart’s.
Because some flipper got to them before you did.
Aug 7, 2011
634 posts
163 upvotes
RCML27 wrote: Because some flipper got to them before you did.
Not all flippers are churners.

Some of us are long-time Koodo customers with several lines and these promos help with paying the phone bills :)
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1072 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RCML27 wrote: Except for the ones that don't want their box opened and want to keep it sealed.
Some people would rather open their phone in the comfort of their own home and enjoy opening their EXPENSIVE products, I'd rather not have someone touch my phone before I do, nor do I require help setting it up.
Oct 9, 2011
948 posts
413 upvotes
GTA
I guess this thread is done when it's all about how to get a hold of Koodo to cancel the line, or port out using Bell SIM, and discussions of open box or not.
Mar 2, 2007
190 posts
85 upvotes
alkaint wrote: Some people would rather open their phone in the comfort of their own home and enjoy opening their EXPENSIVE products, I'd rather not have someone touch my phone before I do, nor do I require help setting it up.
Exactly! There is something cool about peeling off the wrapping on a new iPhone in the comfort of your home. I know, sucked in by the marketing.
Or, you can have some random person, who probably hasn't washed their hands since they started their shift, open your new expensive phone on a small, probably dirty space, whilst their coworker is jostling them for access to the computer (typical Walmart set up). And that same coworker just put their soda on same counter right beside your phone. That's a NO!
Apr 13, 2017
855 posts
281 upvotes
I just tell the rep to not to open the box. Theyll warn that if something is broken, you cant return it. You just accept that and take the phone sealed.
Oct 24, 2011
686 posts
556 upvotes
SURREY
Anyone confirm the deal is over?
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Dec 18, 2016
109 posts
66 upvotes
RCML27 wrote: Because some flipper got to them before you did.
Same for me in Montreal, no iPhone 8, no S9. And I was there the 26th at 11am
Jun 22, 2009
982 posts
474 upvotes
Vancouver
Is the 1000 minutes ld one time or monthly ?
Jun 22, 2009
982 posts
474 upvotes
Vancouver
headleygrange wrote: Monthly.
Nice will it work with data only plans ? I renewed one of my data only and they added it
Oct 24, 2008
941 posts
566 upvotes
This deal is still going on, but no luck finding an S9 to upgrade my G6 :(
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2790 posts
3305 upvotes
Prices have started to become garbage again. iPhone 7 now only has $150 GC
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2004
1335 posts
20 upvotes
How are people getting Tab Medium on public mobile $40 migration plans? When I was picking up A8 (on tab small), the rep kept telling me that Tab Medium requires $45plan. I do know that I migrated to Kodoo with plan medium. Just want to know for future if I should just try with a different rep.
Apr 6, 2015
63 posts
41 upvotes
halifax, NS
Raven_007 wrote: How are people getting Tab Medium on public mobile $40 migration plans? When I was picking up A8 (on tab small), the rep kept telling me that Tab Medium requires $45plan. I do know that I migrated to Kodoo with plan medium. Just want to know for future if I should just try with a different rep.
I have the PM 8GB/$40 migration plan and was able to get tab medium (actually Koodo CS told me I was good up to an XXL tab since I've been a customer for years).

My rep tried to tell me the same thing but I told him it would qualify for a medium.tab and asked him to try anyhow (at which point the Koodo activation portal showed my plan was available to keep). The rep probably just hadn't dealt with a PM migration plan yet