• Jun 13th, 2019 10:58 am
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8515 upvotes
GTHA
NavieM wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:55 am
No gift cards for upgrades anymore on Koodo Few reductions on some phones but the main ones (ip6s/7/8 and A5/A8/S8/S9) are still the same.
All new activations only now
Thanks for keep this thread updated, happy was able to upgrade to an iPhone 6s before upgrading again to a Samsung S9. Had gotten an iPhone 7 (8 was out of stock) on a new activation under my current account but returned it to get an iPhone 8 at WOW.

Had posted this in the thread https://forums.redflagdeals.com/samsung ... s-2250996/

I did a hardware upgrade from a Samsung A8 (activated with $35 PM migration plan on Aug 31/18, TAB SMALL with $350 Best Buy GC, was using a Verizon Moto E4) to iPhone 6s at Walmart ($300 GC) on Dec 27th. Did another hardware upgrade on Dec 31st to a Samsung S9 (TAB MEDIUM with $150 prepaid MC and free Otterbox Symmetry case) which I found at a WOW that I was passing by.

Going to sell the A8 to payoff the S9, the S9 is going to be my daily driver. The 6s is going to my partner as an early birthday gift to replace her water damaged iPhone SE.

I had gotten an iPhone 7 32GB (TAB medium, $225 Walmart GC, new activation under my account) for my mom (to replace an iPhone 5s) but returned it since the same WOW Mobile I had gotten the S9 had an iPhone 8 a few days later. Got the iPhone 8 64GB (Tab medium, $150 prepaid MC's, new activation under my account). Was able to put the line on seasonal hold (mom is currently on PM) the next day by requesting a callback at 10am. The WOW Mobile associate suggested I keep the line for 3 months by going on seasonal hold, then pay off the phone so I will not have any future issues getting another phone, also helps me to reduce my next bill since I can now payoff 2 TABs instead of 3 TABs.

Going to get a big bill from Koodo in a few days!
Apr 13, 2017
480 posts
133 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 12:36 pm
Thanks for keep this thread updated, happy was able to upgrade to an iPhone 6s before upgrading again to a Samsung S9. Had gotten an iPhone 7 (8 was out of stock) on a new activation under my current account but returned it to get an iPhone 8 at WOW.

Had posted this in the thread samsung-galaxy-s9-apple-iphone-8-0-kood ... s-2250996/

I did a hardware upgrade from a Samsung A8 (activated with $35 PM migration plan on Aug 31/18, TAB SMALL with $350 Best Buy GC, was using a Verizon Moto E4) to iPhone 6s at Walmart ($300 GC) on Dec 27th. Did another hardware upgrade on Dec 31st to a Samsung S9 (TAB MEDIUM with $150 prepaid MC and free Otterbox Symmetry case) which I found at a WOW that I was passing by.

Going to sell the A8 to payoff the S9, the S9 is going to be my daily driver. The 6s is going to my partner as an early birthday gift to replace her water damaged iPhone SE.

I had gotten an iPhone 7 32GB (TAB medium, $225 Walmart GC, new activation under my account) for my mom (to replace an iPhone 5s) but returned it since the same WOW Mobile I had gotten the S9 had an iPhone 8 a few days later. Got the iPhone 8 64GB (Tab medium, $150 prepaid MC's, new activation under my account). Was able to put the line on seasonal hold (mom is currently on PM) the next day by requesting a callback at 10am. The WOW Mobile associate suggested I keep the line for 3 months by going on seasonal hold, then pay off the phone so I will not have any future issues getting another phone, also helps me to reduce my next bill since I can now payoff 2 TABs instead of 3 TABs.

Going to get a big bill from Koodo in a few days!
How did you manage to do so many hardware upgrades? Dont you need to wait for atleast 1-3 billing cycles before doing next upgrade?
Apr 6, 2015
60 posts
41 upvotes
halifax, NS
headleygrange wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 5:14 pm
How did you manage to do so many hardware upgrades? Dont you need to wait for atleast 1-3 billing cycles before doing next upgrade?
Musical Keyboard

I was somehow able to do 3 upgrades on my one line as well. The Koodo site kept letting me pay off my tab the day after each time I got a phone. I did go to different retailers each time (Wal-Mart, best Buy, wow) because they seem to have that 90 day period between upgrades. So it's something to do with Koodo system. I've been a customer for years now, wasn't a new line.
Apr 13, 2017
480 posts
133 upvotes
znarfcram wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 7:26 pm
Musical Keyboard

I was somehow able to do 3 upgrades on my one line as well. The Koodo site kept letting me pay off my tab the day after each time I got a phone. I did go to different retailers each time (Wal-Mart, best Buy, wow) because they seem to have that 90 day period between upgrades. So it's something to do with Koodo system. I've been a customer for years now, wasn't a new line.
Good to know. Thanks, I just paid of my tab as well. I may need to buy a phone for spouse as LG g6 just had a bootloop issue. Would it cause any problems if we did multiple upgrades in a short period?

Edit: The wow location i went to didnt agree to do an upgrade for me even though my tab balance was 0. They were able to see that I had a phone on tab with balance 0.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8515 upvotes
GTHA
headleygrange wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 5:14 pm
The first hardware upgrade was done at Walmart (Dec 27th). The second upgrade was done at WOW Mobile on Dec 31st. These upgrades were done on my first line with Koodo, ($35 PM migration plan created on Aug 31/18).

Koodo allows you to pay off the TAB after 90 days on new accounts.

I took a chance doing the second upgrade, was not expecting WOW Mobile to do it. I will pay off the second upgrade TAB after 90 days since the WOW Mobile rep who helped me out recommended doing this. Don't want to have any issues with them in the future.
znarfcram wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 7:26 pm
I actually tried to do the second upgrade at a different Walmart, but was denied. The Walmart Wireless rep saw in their system that I did a hardware upgrade (iPhone 6s) a couple days before and mentioned I needed to wait 90 days before doing another hardware upgrade.

I took the chance of doing the second upgrade at WOW Mobile since I wanted to get the Samsung S9.
Apr 6, 2015
60 posts
41 upvotes
halifax, NS
tk1000 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 8:10 pm
The first hardware upgrade was done at Walmart (Dec 27th). The second upgrade was done at WOW Mobile on Dec 31st. These upgrades were done on my first line with Koodo, ($35 PM migration plan created on Aug 31/18).

Koodo allows you to pay off the TAB after 90 days on new accounts.

I took a chance doing the second upgrade, was not expecting WOW Mobile to do it. I will pay off the second upgrade TAB after 90 days since the WOW Mobile rep who helped me out recommended doing this. Don't want to have any issues with them in the future.
I actually tried to do the second upgrade at a different Walmart, but was denied. The Walmart Wireless rep saw in their system that I did a hardware upgrade (iPhone 6s) a couple days before and mentioned I needed to wait 90 days before doing another hardware upgrade.

I took the chance of doing the second upgrade at WOW Mobile since I wanted to get the Samsung S9.
Yeah, I had a similar issue with Wal-Mart seeing that I had upgraded my line somewhere else when I tried to do my 2nd upgrade with them, but WOW and Best Buy didn't blink on my 2nd and 3rd upgrades.

Might make it worth keeping an extra line active for future upgrade promos if they start dividing up activation bonuses over the course of 24 months.
Feb 28, 2008
802 posts
318 upvotes
Canada
headleygrange wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 8:02 pm
Good to know. Thanks, I just paid of my tab as well. I may need to buy a phone for spouse as LG g6 just had a bootloop issue. Would it cause any problems if we did multiple upgrades in a short period?

Edit: The wow location i went to didnt agree to do an upgrade for me even though my tab balance was 0. They were able to see that I had a phone on tab with balance 0.
What phone were you trying to upgrade to at WOW?
Apr 13, 2017
480 posts
133 upvotes
tntdeal wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 9:27 pm
What phone were you trying to upgrade to at WOW?
iPhone 8. They had it in stock.
Feb 28, 2008
802 posts
318 upvotes
Canada
headleygrange wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 9:35 pm
iPhone 8. They had it in stock.
No more deal for iPhone 8 on upgrade for the last 2 days already. Only deal for new activation.
May 8, 2013
237 posts
217 upvotes
London
its down to each person you get. i got a black friday i7 at walmart. then upgraded on boxing day at wow for s9. then upgraded at mobile shop a week later for a g7 for myself. nobody blinked an eye and they knew what was up.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25484 posts
3679 upvotes
Hamilton
NavieM wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:28 pm
Usually before every quarter ends, the carriers are trying to hit their targets, so there's big sales. March, June, Sept (also back to school) and Dec
Can March come sooner.
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
May 14, 2013
50 posts
29 upvotes
North York
FYI to those that signed up, those who haven’t received their bill credits should see it next month. Just got off the phone with Koodo and they said a system error was the cause.

How much I believe that? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but we’ll see.
Rogers Ignite 500 $35
Fido $15/3GB (50% off 24 months) + free tablet
Koodo $45/8GB | $45/4+2GB + 1000 int'l mins
- - -
Thanks RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9015 posts
3598 upvotes
6ix
NavieM wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:28 pm
Usually before every quarter ends, the carriers are trying to hit their targets, so there's big sales. March, June, Sept (also back to school) and Dec
Any news for Walmart March break deals?
Koodo customer $40/8GB
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2536 posts
2950 upvotes
McLaren__F1 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 2:12 pm
Any news for Walmart March break deals?
I haven't gotten any updates yet.
Most of the offers have been migration plans this month, so far
Hopefully by next weekend i'll know
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2536 posts
2950 upvotes
Here's some offers starting today. They'll slowly get better, hopefully, but this is what they have now:

iPhone 6s PLUS $0 tab med w/ $200 GC
iPhone 7 $0 tab med w/ $100 GC
Pixel 2 XL $0 tab med w/ $100 GC

NAC only
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.