Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Koodo - iPhone XR $245 upfront Tab M w/ $225 GC

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2019 1:27 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1649 posts
2329 upvotes
My final Koodo bill is available online. Check your online account if you haven't.
Jun 28, 2018
3 posts
I bought the phone on August 24 before the changes were made by Koodo. I paid $245 down & got $250 Walmart gift card. If i cancel my Koodo line before 3 months ,Will i be billed /charged for Walmart 250$ Gift card ? What happens with the 250 walmart GC. Should i finish it use it before cancelling the connection or it doesn't matter ? Walmart guy is saying me it will reflect in the bill after 3 months.It was my first time with Koodo & they changed T&Cs right after i bought the phone.
I am not sure. Plz help.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2012
1939 posts
7324 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
MohitA89895 wrote: I bought the phone on August 24 before the changes were made by Koodo. I paid $245 down & got $250 Walmart gift card. If i cancel my Koodo line before 3 months ,Will i be billed /charged for Walmart 250$ Gift card ? What happens with the 250 walmart GC. Should i finish it use it before cancelling the connection or it doesn't matter ? Walmart guy is saying me it will reflect in the bill after 3 months.It was my first time with Koodo & they changed T&Cs right after i bought the phone.
I am not sure. Plz help.
I signed up on the 24th before cancelling on the 25th. They never clawed back my GC - they lie to you so they don't lose their sale when you cancel
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1592 posts
1789 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone get dinged the full amount?
Jun 6, 2012
7 posts
2 upvotes
WILLIAMSBURG
I got mine the day before the rules changed, got my bill for 437$ taxes in. Problem is I never left Walmart with a copy of the contract was told I was getting it digitally in 24hrs. Didn’t get it called Koodo, said they would send me out one again, That was requested on the 27th as of today it was never sent as per koodo ..the note was there but no one ever processed it. Anyways to the meat and potatoes of this. Apparently they have 15 days to either give you a paper copy of your contract of 1 day if it’s digital. If they don’t The wireless code of conduct says you can cancel with no penalty. Had a nice long chat with a manager at koodo and waived the full 437$. So if anyone else went to Walmart and you didn’t get a pyshical copy of your contract. You might be in luck apparently some Walmart stores had this issue. Anyways peace out ✌️
Jul 15, 2010
31 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
I still didn't receive my final bill, but I opened a claim with the CPRST and Koodo called me today. They can't charge anyone that bought the phone on the 24th and cancelled after. If your CSA is dated as of august 24th but still received the new terms, they have to respect the old terms.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9733 upvotes
BC
revelation68 wrote: I got mine the day before the rules changed, got my bill for 437$ taxes in. Problem is I never left Walmart with a copy of the contract was told I was getting it digitally in 24hrs. Didn’t get it called Koodo, said they would send me out one again, That was requested on the 27th as of today it was never sent as per koodo ..the note was there but no one ever processed it. Anyways to the meat and potatoes of this. Apparently they have 15 days to either give you a paper copy of your contract of 1 day if it’s digital. If they don’t The wireless code of conduct says you can cancel with no penalty. Had a nice long chat with a manager at koodo and waived the full 437$. So if anyone else went to Walmart and you didn’t get a pyshical copy of your contract. You might be in luck apparently some Walmart stores had this issue. Anyways peace out ✌️
Free iPhone XR, that's amazing. Well done my friend.
Nov 30, 2014
204 posts
401 upvotes
Not sure if anyone still here... I signed before aug 24th. Ported out the day after. It’s been awhile I’m being charged connection fee and activation fee only about $50. Am I supposed to be charged $360 tab balance as well? How come my bill doesn’t show that? Maybe it’s jot final bill yet?
Jul 15, 2010
31 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
You'll get charged to tab on the next bill, which will be your final bill. I signed the 24th and cancelled the 28th. My final bill will be at the start of october. Probably yours too.
Nov 7, 2014
59 posts
19 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Got my final bill for my 3 lines today.

Activated Aug 20 and Aug 21, got my first bill on Sept 2 (had some issues as the rep messed up my account so couldn't cancel right away), cancelled all 3 lines on Sept 8. got my final bill today and it only shows the balance + tax.

So long old friend...
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2012
1939 posts
7324 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
lol even though I cancelled the day after getting the deal, I just got my $35 activation fee back
Maybe the sales rep at Walmart told the system to refund me it
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2016
1211 posts
390 upvotes
OGFree99 wrote: lol even though I cancelled the day after getting the deal, I just got my $35 activation fee back
Maybe the sales rep at Walmart told the system to refund me it
Mee too.got bill in email -35$.so how to get that one?
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2012
1939 posts
7324 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
frendzpz wrote: Mee too.got bill in email -35$.so how to get that one?
I called in and they put me on hold so they can speak to their back office department, and then told me I'll be getting a cheque in 4-6 in weeks. Idk if calling made a difference, or if they just typically cut a cheque after 4-6 weeks. If you're going to call in then I would recommend having either the cancelled cell number or account number. In my case they really struggled without this information
Last edited by OGFree99 on Nov 3rd, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2016
1211 posts
390 upvotes
OGFree99 wrote: I called in and they put me on hold so they can speak to their back office department, and then told me I'll be getting a cheque in 4-6 in weeks. Idk if calling made a difference, or if they just typically cut a cheque after 4-6 weeks. If you're going to call in then I would recommend having either the cancelled cell number or account number. In my case they really struggle without this information
Thanks.will call to koodo.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2012
1939 posts
7324 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
OGFree99 wrote: I called in and they put me on hold so they can speak to their back office department, and then told me I'll be getting a cheque in 4-6 in weeks. Idk if calling made a difference, or if they just typically cut a cheque after 4-6 weeks. If you're going to call in then I would recommend having either the cancelled cell number or account number. In my case they really struggled without this information
I received the cheque today. Way ahead of the 4-6 week schedule!
Apr 5, 2008
534 posts
4 upvotes
Did anyone get their gift card clawbacked? My balance shows 0 now
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2012
1939 posts
7324 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
23tv123 wrote: Did anyone get their gift card clawbacked? My balance shows 0 now
Nope, just verified

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)