Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart/Koodo

Koodo Prepaid SIM cards $10 off

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2019 9:03 am
Nov 30, 2018
52 posts
1046 upvotes

Koodo Prepaid SIM cards $10 off

Deal Link:
Price:
$10
Savings:
$10 off
Retailer:
Walmart/Koodo
Noticed this while taking a look at Koodo's prepaid site.

Walmart and Koodo Shops now have the Koodo prepaid SIM cards for $10 off, making the SIM cards $10.
This makes it cheaper than what the sellers on eBay and Amazon currently have it for.

All new activations come with a one-time $20 activation credit and a 100 minute talk booster.
Activation credits will come in the form of four $5 credits to your Koodo balance over the span of 4 months. The 100 minute talk booster will last until all the minutes are used up.
10% of your base plan will also be credited back to your Koodo account each month if you set up automatic pay. The 10% will not come in the form of a refund, but as a credit to your Koodo balance.

Edit 1: Fellow RFD user below has some great alternatives to this plan if my prepaid needs don't match yours - take a look!
Edit 2: Removed information on why someone should choose Koodo. Deal is still going on but I believe Public Mobile's offerings are the better choice now - more info here.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 10.51.40 PM.png
Last edited by theastromechdroid on Mar 16th, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Favorites of the Past Year
$39 - 4 pack Apple AirTags; Amazon (3)
$315 - ASUS 15.6" FHD, i5-1135g7, 8gb, 512SSD; Walmart (1)
$39 - Fire TV Stick 4K Max; Amazon (3)
$52 - Nova Pink PS5 Controller; Amazon (2)
$67 - Sony WH-XB910N, The Source (2)
36 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2516 upvotes
Halifax
If you have certain, specific need, Koodo prepaid is a service to consider. Personally, if I was on a $15 budget, I would get a Fido 3GB data plan, and use an app like text now to take care of the unlimited voice and texting through VOIP.

PC Mobile Prepaid has the same price structure as Koodo Prepaid. SIM card is $10. PC Mobile Prepaid's $15 plan also offers unlimited Messaging, and 50 Canada wide minutes for the month. The add ons are it's weak point, but if you talk to a lot of PC Mobile Prepaid customers across Canada, those calls are free and unlimited.

I am a Public Mobile customer. $18 gets you, unlimited, Canada Wide calling, and 1 GB of data for the next 6 months. $10 more after that. On the web portal, you can easily change up the plan every month. So on the lean months, you can pay $8 for 50 minutes, or $50 gets you 8 GB, and Canada wide calling. The boosters are better than Koodo prepaid booster also. SIM card is $10, but that gets credited back to you. I am a Public Mobile customer because of the options, and other bonus's.
Jul 21, 2017
185 posts
279 upvotes
Last year I upgraded from Koodo online. They sent me a new SIM card along with new phone. That SIM was never used with my account. Can that be used for prepaid? What about SIMs from cancelled postpaid accounts?

If I am current customer, do I need to sign up for a separate self-serve? Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2516 upvotes
Halifax
You can only use a Koodo prepaid sim for Koodp prepaid
Jan 28, 2006
463 posts
254 upvotes
Brampton
+10 from me
I used a few prepaid sim to cancel Koodo postpaid next day after signing up and collecting Walmart giftcard activation :lno need to call customer service :). Will grab a couple for activating 2 pixel 2 xl on medium tab online or Walmart with giftcard.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
Great for porting from Koodo to Koodo. I'm just gonna buy one and activate at a later date.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24667 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
yo2boy wrote: Great for porting from Koodo to Koodo. I'm just gonna buy one and activate at a later date.
This....I bought a few prepaid sims for the pm->Koodo dealios and needed to port my real numbers.

It was costly at $20 a pop....this is great,

Will pick up a couple to stock up - thx op!
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2516 upvotes
Halifax
theastromechdroid wrote: In terms of Public Mobile, I definitely took a look at that but I don't have that available to me. Is the $18 including the autopay and other loyalty discounts?
As for the $8 and $50 plan, I agree that those are great but I definitely go through more than 50 texts in a day (let alone a month), and Koodo has the $45/8gb/month plan here in MB which would get me a great deal for a phone every now and then!
It is $18 with the autopay activated, but that is only for 6 months, it is $10 more after that. There are other ways to lower the bill further, but that requires things like referrals, forum activity, or or a small reward if you stay with Public Mobile for more than a year.

If you are on the $8 plan, you can get 1GB of data for $30, and that carries over to the following month until spent. So you can use Text Now for most of the texting and calling work, and use you 50 calls and texts for more important uses. $15 gets you 400 minutes of calling to the major countries in the world and US/Canada. The best draw with Public Mobile is I can chose a plan on a month to month basis, from the web site, with minimal hassle.

I am currently a Koodo customer, because they made an offer I could not refuse, (5GB, unlimited, Canada wide calling, for $35) The Mobile shop had a $360 LG G6, with a $300 of store credit. Koodo also threw in $180 in activation credits. If I know then, what I know now, I would never have left my primary account with Public Mobile. Lots of work to get billed properly on post paid accounts, but once I got them to bill me what was on the contract, I never had to deal with them. So I am happy now.
Dec 27, 2011
95 posts
23 upvotes
I am in need of a prepaid card with about 4-6 GB data for about 2 weeks in March for a family member visiting Canada. Would you suggest to get the Koodo Prepaid card for this deal or the Public Mobile card. Don't really need much talk or text mainly data.
I had Koodo prepaid before and I am just not sure if we would have the same network coverage with public mobile. We live outside the big city centres.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
3320 posts
2372 upvotes
HolidayShopping wrote: I am in need of a prepaid card with about 4-6 GB data for about 2 weeks in March for a family member visiting Canada. Would you suggest to get the Koodo Prepaid card for this deal or the Public Mobile card. Don't really need much talk or text mainly data.
I had Koodo prepaid before and I am just not sure if we would have the same network coverage with public mobile. We live outside the big city centres.
If you can deal with 3GB without talk or text at all, then use Fido Tablet plan. Otherwise, there's not really much of a choice, you'll have to subscribe to talk and text as well to get data.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2516 upvotes
Halifax
HolidayShopping wrote: I am in need of a prepaid card with about 4-6 GB data for about 2 weeks in March for a family member visiting Canada. Would you suggest to get the Koodo Prepaid card for this deal or the Public Mobile card. Don't really need much talk or text mainly data.
I am not a fan of Lucky Mobile because it is owned by Bell, but I think they are the carrier for your situation. They have a 4.5 GB plan for $40 a month. You should order a SIM card on EBay now, costs a buck! https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lucky-Mobile-SI ... 3780100726 When activating with a credit card, make sure you pick an Alberta number, so you get a preferred tax rate.

I picked Lucky mobile over Public Mobile because the SIM card is much cheaper and available on line. Both services use the same Bell/Telus network, which are as good as you can get in Canada. Getting a Fido $15 tablet plan is way too much of a hassle for 2 weeks service. Koodo prepaid does not compete price wise with the data you require.
Dec 27, 2011
95 posts
23 upvotes
bridonca wrote: I am not a fan of Lucky Mobile because it is owned by Bell, but I think they are the carrier for your situation. They have a 4.5 GB plan for $40 a month. You should order a SIM card on EBay now, costs a buck! https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lucky-Mobile-SI ... 3780100726 When activating with a credit card, make sure you pick an Alberta number, so you get a preferred tax rate.

I picked Lucky mobile over Public Mobile because the SIM card is much cheaper and available on line. Both services use the same Bell/Telus network, which are as good as you can get in Canada. Getting a Fido $15 tablet plan is way too much of a hassle for 2 weeks service. Koodo prepaid does not compete price wise with the data you require.
I am in AB anyways no problem with picking AB number. Lucky mobile sounds good.

I also just remembered that I have another family member visiting a month later and I wonder if they wanted to take over this card from the other person would there be any problems if it is not used for about a month?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2516 upvotes
Halifax
HolidayShopping wrote: I am in AB anyways no problem with picking AB number. Lucky mobile sounds good.

I also just remembered that I have another family member visiting a month later and I wonder if they wanted to take over this card from the other person would there be any problems if it is not used for about a month?
Probably not. I believe 30 days with a zero balance will not lose you account. Might be 45 day. In any case contact lucky mobile for verification
Dec 27, 2017
52 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
bridonca wrote: If you have certain, specific need, Koodo prepaid is a service to consider. Personally, if I was on a $15 budget, I would get a Fido 3GB data plan, and use an app like text now to take care of the unlimited voice and texting through VOIP.

PC Mobile Prepaid has the same price structure as Koodo Prepaid. SIM card is $10. PC Mobile Prepaid's $15 plan also offers unlimited Messaging, and 50 Canada wide minutes for the month. The add ons are it's weak point, but if you talk to a lot of PC Mobile Prepaid customers across Canada, those calls are free and unlimited.

I am a Public Mobile customer. $18 gets you, unlimited, Canada Wide calling, and 1 GB of data for the next 6 months. $10 more after that. On the web portal, you can easily change up the plan every month. So on the lean months, you can pay $8 for 50 minutes, or $50 gets you 8 GB, and Canada wide calling. The boosters are better than Koodo prepaid booster also. SIM card is $10, but that gets credited back to you. I am a Public Mobile customer because of the options, and other bonus's.
I am unable to find 3gb for $15 plan on fido’s website, could you let me know where I can get that from? Thanks.
Last edited by DVL9719 on Feb 10th, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1577 posts
1189 upvotes
Varian wrote: OP, how do you say it’s cheaper than eBay?

They are $0.99 on eBay and I bought 3 of them last time. You might wait 4-5 days for delivery, but SIM card is not something that you just suddenly need out of the blue.
Bell and Virgin SIM cards are 99 cents not Koodo SIMs.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
DhavalP094388 wrote: I am unable to find 3gb for $15 plan on fido’s website, could you let me know where I can get that from? Thanks.
[Fido] 3GB LTE Data Plan $15, BYOD, no contract
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2013
1311 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto, ON
theastromechdroid wrote: Oh wow! I just bought one on eBay a week ago and didn't spot that, could you give me a link so I can update the post accordingly?
I looked on eBay just right now and the cheapest one I can still find is $11.95
sorry, my bad
wasn't paying attention

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)