None
[OP]
Dec 23, 2010
45 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver

Koodo LG G4 + $100 GC!!

Hey Guys

Was on my way to work and saw this as I walk through Walmart.

LG G4 on Koodo was free with a 15$ tab and get 100 Walmart GC.....360$ tab but 100$ GC back. Pretty solid offer for a LG G4. New Activation only.

Virgin and Fido was also on for free with a 100$ GC for both new activation and hardware upgrade!

2 year term agreement on all of course ( because if I dont put this then people who are not the brightest will start flaming me and saying its requires a contract!! scammerrrrrr!! :facepalm: )

I was walking by the lougheed mall store and they had 2 koodo g4 in stock.

Enjoy!
37 replies
May 16, 2015
885 posts
271 upvotes
York, ON
Is the LG g4 any good? Or is there major problems with it?
Jan 24, 2007
846 posts
250 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I have had iphone, samsung and sony phones before but last Christmas i decided to go with LG G4 b/c i kept hearing so much good things about it. Now, I cant wait to replace this phone with another sony. The battery life is pathetic compared to the xperia phone. The built quality even though with leather back also doesnt feel like a premium phone like HTC, sony or iphone. when i upgrade, i will probably only be looking at sony or samsung again.

There is a reason why LG G series keeps going for deep discounted price.

On a positive side, the camera is great.
Feb 10, 2015
16 posts
Madden, AB
Can the WM gift card be used for anything in the store like a prepaid Visa card?

Do you have to keep the phone active for 90days or can you cancel the next day and pay off the tab. I keep reading on some threads that you need 90days otherwise the tab goes up.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2608 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I think they were saying post Nov 2015 build should be fine, no?
Nov 6, 2008
135 posts
48 upvotes
Calgary, AB
The Mobile Shop has it for the same tab and $150 gift card.
May 16, 2015
885 posts
271 upvotes
York, ON
Does Walmart price match deals?
Nov 6, 2008
135 posts
48 upvotes
Calgary, AB
bigmac22 wrote: Does Walmart price match deals?
It does only for the phone price but not for the gift cards.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2014
1217 posts
358 upvotes
Ottawa
scorpionkami wrote: It does only for the phone price but not for the gift cards.
I thought they would pm TMS pc points offers as well? If not that seems like a surefire way to lose business as that's what TMS does for competitors. They're actually one of the few providers of phones I can respect at having a good deal with good rules.
May 16, 2015
885 posts
271 upvotes
York, ON
scorpionkami wrote: It does only for the phone price but not for the gift cards.
Ah OK thx well since they don't price match gc then deal is cold as many other places offer more than $100
May 10, 2015
274 posts
86 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
lilmousemouse wrote: 2 year term agreement on all of course ( because if I dont put this then people who are not the brightest will start flaming me and saying its requires a contract!! scammerrrrrr!! :facepalm: )
Koodo doesn't require a 2 year contract. You can cancel after 90 days if you want.
Banned
Apr 19, 2016
435 posts
226 upvotes
d4diesel wrote: I have had iphone, samsung and sony phones before but last Christmas i decided to go with LG G4 b/c i kept hearing so much good things about it. Now, I cant wait to replace this phone with another sony. The battery life is pathetic compared to the xperia phone. The built quality even though with leather back also doesnt feel like a premium phone like HTC, sony or iphone. when i upgrade, i will probably only be looking at sony or samsung again.

Try one plus 3 , lots positive review on YouTube video.
Jan 26, 2014
890 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto, ON
d4diesel wrote: I have had iphone, samsung and sony phones before but last Christmas i decided to go with LG G4 b/c i kept hearing so much good things about it. Now, I cant wait to replace this phone with another sony. The battery life is pathetic compared to the xperia phone. The built quality even though with leather back also doesnt feel like a premium phone like HTC, sony or iphone. when i upgrade, i will probably only be looking at sony or samsung again.

If you updated the os to marshmallow then it could be that. Clean the cache and the battery life will be fixed.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2663 posts
1033 upvotes
QC, Canada
Samsung note or s7 ftw (tried almost every others brand before that). Right now LG G4 and I cant wait to trade it)
Jul 2, 2016
84 posts
88 upvotes
Overall solid phone for the price, but there's a couple issues I have with it dealing with first hand experience:

-Phone gets hot A LOT of the times
-Camera shutter speed is extremely slow sometimes (usually in low light situations)
-Issues of boot loop issues (didn't happen to me personally)
Mar 12, 2016
858 posts
1298 upvotes
Wasn't the LG G4 regarded very highly in 2015 by a lot of different reviewers? I'm looking to buy a new one for my mom, and she's not the type to use a lot of apps, but camera and screen resolution is important. Should I jump on this? The overheating is worrisome for me because I would never want to give her anything that would pose any danger at all, whatsoever. It's also because it would be hard for me to remind her, "oh hey, if it's too hot, stop using it for a bit".

Just to verify, I would have to cancel after 3 months of being on the network, but the amount I would have to pay to cancel wouldn't really change whether I cancel right from the start versus 3 months later right (since it's on tab)? In that case, I would just take their sim card out and keep using whoever my mom's with right now, and let their sim card "rot" for 3 months then cancel?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2147 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
chinesepig wrote: Wasn't the LG G4 regarded very highly in 2015 by a lot of different reviewers? I'm looking to buy a new one for my mom, and she's not the type to use a lot of apps, but camera and screen resolution is important. Should I jump on this? The overheating is worrisome for me because I would never want to give her anything that would pose any danger at all, whatsoever. It's also because it would be hard for me to remind her, "oh hey, if it's too hot, stop using it for a bit".

Just to verify, I would have to cancel after 3 months of being on the network, but the amount I would have to pay to cancel wouldn't really change whether I cancel right from the start versus 3 months later right (since it's on tab)? In that case, I would just take their sim card out and keep using whoever my mom's with right now, and let their sim card "rot" for 3 months then cancel?
I sent you a PM with some more information about koodo etc but I also thought I would share that Bestbuy has a similar promotion for the iphione 5s. If you are concerned about usability for your mother.. I know apple products seem to be very user friendly...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/app ... bd1690en02

Perhaps you could price match this at Walmart and get a Walmart GC instead.. or TheMobileShop.. If you are going to use a referral just make sure you initiate the process prior to activation. and complete it with 30 days of activation to receive your bill credit..

if you receive any GC's or participate in any referrals make sure you keep your koodo account open for 90 days... You can switch to seasonal hold online via Koodo's self serve a couple days after activation.
Sep 16, 2013
208 posts
116 upvotes
Winnipeg
Costco is offering a $200 cash card with Virgin Mobile. Still have the 2 year $15 tab but $360 tab + $20 for phone - $200 cash card. $180 for a brand new G4 seems decent.
Dec 3, 2010
307 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver
I got one on Fido at costco yesterday 2 year smart plan sign up with $175 cash card. Phone is $19.99.