Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

[Koodo/Telus/Virgin/Bell/Rogers/Fido ] $150 bonus GC all NEW 2YR/TAB activations

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2018 1:13 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7688 posts
5187 upvotes
Canada
CheapDude wrote: Double checking for self referrals. To receive the referral credit ($50 x2) I can't put the new plan in seasonal hold at all and I need to keep an active line for 5 months ($10 credit x 5 for each line)?
Yes
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1360 posts
1444 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting. Just went to grab a q6 for my mum, and an s8 to replace my g4.

Q6 on tab small went through without a problem.

S8 was a no-go. Only medium tab showed as option :(. Apparently, my QC rate plan is limiting which plans show up for new activations. I can't get a large or extra large tab on my current account (despite being a new activation).... Would have to open a new account with Koodo to take advantage of this promo.

Anyone run into something similar in the past? Associate offered to call Koodo, but i'm weary that it might get my main line flagged for being out of province.
Sep 17, 2008
97 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
Guys, cancelling the plan within the first 90 days will not only trigger Koodo to remove these great plan and promo , but deprive the store reps of their commissions. It'll suck to be in their shoes.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1360 posts
1444 upvotes
Toronto
Dynasty12345 wrote: Walmart Rep is saying system is down... And won't hold the phone for us. Anyone else experiencing this too?
Been working through my purchase with a csr for the last 30 minutes. All good from this end. Activations going through without a problem.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1566 posts
888 upvotes
Earth
ZzRicK wrote: Cancelled Today, they offered me 54$ for 6 gb to stay.
Did you counter with 8GB for $50? You never know until you ask. Apparently even the cost for of seasonal hold is negotiable. In a previous koodo thread one RFD'r called in to cancel and they kept reducing it until it got to $5/month.

This is extremely ymmv but sometimes they're willing to negotiate.
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
6638 posts
8432 upvotes
GTA
IONLYDOWNVOTE wrote: The blacklist is real, I did this one time and I'm flagged for "fraud"
It's not fraud, you just did what Koodo's policy allows. Who blacklisted you Walmart or Koodo?
Nov 29, 2013
113 posts
42 upvotes
bluegang6 wrote: Interesting. Just went to grab a q6 for my mum, and an s8 to replace my g4.

S8 was a no-go. Only medium tab showed as option :(. Apparently, my QC rate plan is limiting which plans show up for new activations. I can't get a large or extra large tab on my current account (despite being a new activation).... Would have to open a new account with Koodo to take advantage of this promo.

Anyone run into something similar in the past? Associate offered to call Koodo, but i'm weary that it might get my main line flagged for being out of province.
Huh, this is on a new activation on your line? Not a hardware upgrade? This is the first time I've heard of this..... I can check with my Walmart CSR this afternoon PST to see if it happens to all accounts like that.
Please give me a thumbs up if my answer helps!

Current Phones: Samsung Galaxy S5, Motorola G 3rd Gen, Huawei P9+, Essential PH-1
Current Plan: 8GB Koodo Promo Plan for $56, 50min/50txt Chatr Plan for $10
Apr 6, 2018
28 posts
69 upvotes
tew wrote: It's not fraud, you just did what Koodo's policy allows. Who blacklisted you Walmart or Koodo?
Walmart.
Jan 4, 2009
307 posts
153 upvotes
Calgary
CheapDude wrote: Double checking for self referrals. To receive the referral credit ($50 x2) I can't put the new plan in seasonal hold at all and I need to keep an active line for 5 months ($10 credit x 5 for each line)?
Yes, but credits don't start getting applied until at least 2nd bill. So 7 months minimum on both lines to get all credits
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3046 posts
3826 upvotes
Langley
IONLYDOWNVOTE wrote: The blacklist is real, I did this one time and I'm flagged for "fraud"
Did you tell them to point out where in the contract says you are not allowed to cancel next day?
They cant cuz no where does it say you can't cancel next day.
Dick move, not fraud.
Jul 30, 2010
655 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
hold on, so for iphone 6, you get it for free and pocket$135?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1360 posts
1444 upvotes
Toronto
crayonhead wrote: Huh, this is on a new activation on your line? Not a hardware upgrade? This is the first time I've heard of this..... I can check with my Walmart CSR this afternoon PST to see if it happens to all accounts like that.
Yep, it's a new activation on a current account.

Interesting to note that when i log in on the Koodo site, i don't actually see any phones on large or xl tabs. I only see retail, small, and medium.

Looks like a limitation of my OOP plan with Koodo. Also the case when I log in with the second subscriber account that's on an ON plan. :(. Out of luck for anything over medium tab i guess. Oh well.
Jul 30, 2010
655 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
i could actually make use of a decent koodo plan. currently with bell and paying extra
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3740 posts
5141 upvotes
Oakville
I'm out if the country flying back on Sunday to Toronto. The OP says deal expiry as Juky 2nd which is Monday. Is this true? I thought stores aren't open on Monday for the holiday?

Would love to be able to get in on this deal on Monday.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Apr 3, 2018
176 posts
71 upvotes
Dreamrider wrote: Did you tell them to point out where in the contract says you are not allowed to cancel next day?
Dick move, not fraud.
It is and there is nothing you can do about it. Keep your phone active for 90 days if you want these phones more than once. Lesson to all those cancelling right away.

I keep mine on $30 plan because with referral, it's really only $5 more than vacation plan. Good for glove box.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5954 posts
4015 upvotes
bluegang6 wrote: Interesting. Just went to grab a q6 for my mum, and an s8 to replace my g4.

bluegang6 wrote: Yep, it's a new activation on a current account.

Interesting to note that when i log in on the Koodo site, i don't actually see any phones on large or xl tabs. I only see retail, small, and medium.

Looks like a limitation of my OOP plan with Koodo. Also the case when I log in with the second subscriber account that's on an ON plan. :(. Out of luck for anything over medium tab i guess. Oh well.
Who made that up, you or the Walmart rep? Your account is simply not eligible for Tab Large based on Koodo's credit check. Nothing to do with having an "out of province" plan.
Nov 29, 2013
113 posts
42 upvotes
hotdeal333 wrote: It is and there is nothing you can do about it. Keep your phone active for 90 days if you want these phones more than once. Lesson to all those cancelling right away.
I think what you mean is that

While you are technically doing nothing wrong, Walmart and OSL are private companies that reserve the right to refuse to serve you. There is what's happening in this case. Heck, I'm surprised that my CSR hasn't blacklisted me yet either...
Please give me a thumbs up if my answer helps!

Current Phones: Samsung Galaxy S5, Motorola G 3rd Gen, Huawei P9+, Essential PH-1
Current Plan: 8GB Koodo Promo Plan for $56, 50min/50txt Chatr Plan for $10
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1566 posts
888 upvotes
Earth
tew wrote:
It's not fraud, you just did what Koodo's policy allows. Who blacklisted you Walmart or Koodo?
Dreamrider wrote:
Did you tell them to point out where in the contract says you are not allowed to cancel next day?
Dick move, not fraud.
You may be "blacklisted" when...

Ymmv, but it really depends on the rep you're dealing with in store, and whether they're willing/care to lookup your previous history with them.

aznhulk wrote: Yes, but credits don't start getting applied until at least 2nd bill. So 7 months minimum on both lines to get all credits
This. The referral credits are spread out over several months and aren't applied to your account until two months in and the line can't be put on seasonal hold in the first 90 days or the referral credits will be billed to both parties.

If you're planning to stay with and use the new koodo line the referral makes sense at $50 each. If you just want the phone, seasonal hold is better. It's only $15/month and can be negotiated down.
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Jul 15, 2016
15 posts
11 upvotes
Had to visit two Walmarts in Mississauga. First one was sold out of everything - A5, LG Q6, iPhone SE and iPhone 6 all gone. The second location luckily had one A5 remaining and I got it. Everything went smoothly. I will be cancelling the Koodo plan next week and signing up on Zoomer. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1360 posts
1444 upvotes
Toronto
hvwozq wrote: Who made that up, you or the Walmart rep? Your account is simply not eligible for Tab Large based on Koodo's credit check. Nothing to do with having an "out of province" plan.
I had the option for tab large and xl when i signed up with koodo last week with an ON number. Noted that i lost these options when i switched to the QC line.

Credit rating is spotless. Excellent on credit karma, Mogo, and Borrowell. Typically receive benefits for my credit score (unusually high credit limits with my cards)..

No reason to have limitations either. Hadn't ran a credit check for over a year before this....

Not making it up; just an observation on my account. Last week i had the option to add L or XL tabs. After switching, i didn't.
Also didn't expect this to carry over to new activations.

I did ask the associate if this could be because of my credit limits, she said that she doesn't see any flags or notes on my account.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)