Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

[Koodo/Telus/Virgin/Bell/Rogers/Fido ] $150 bonus GC all NEW 2YR/TAB activations

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2018 1:13 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17353 posts
4733 upvotes
I got one last weekend n cancelled on Monday..can i do it again?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
geokilla wrote: Oh right I forgot new lines count as new activations. How do you know if I can add a second line without credit check?
You already have an account.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1980 posts
2736 upvotes
GTA
I just got the A5 but the rep told me I had to sign up for $30/mo +$10/mo small tab for tab balance and couldn’t cancel for at least 3 months.

Did I get lied to? Got the $400 gift card though .
Feb 26, 2010
20 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga
Hey guys,

I have a $45 BYOD 4gb plan on FIDO

I would like to keep the same plan but upgrade to a new free phone (according to this thread, I can do so)

Based on all my reading my steps would be to:

1. Open new plan on another Carrier Company
2. Receive GCs
3. Put plan on Seasonal Hold
4. Cancel plan after the 90 periods (the GC money will cancel out whatever cancellation fee there is)

I am not particular about the free phone that I'm getting, which phone provides best bang for your buck?

I have here the Samsung A5 and Iphone 6.

Can someone confirm? I am extremely noob at this lol.
Feb 5, 2007
554 posts
255 upvotes
East York
How do u guys check what phone they have in stock at each store ? Just call individual store?
Jan 2, 2013
353 posts
620 upvotes
Montreal
So let's say I go to Walmart and there's an A5 in stock, what do I do to get the most out of it?
May 18, 2017
544 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Remember guys, try to put in the effort to get your plan on seasonal hold. Its definitely possible to do it even if you just signed up. This will prevent blacklisting and keep these types of deals coming!
May 18, 2017
544 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
mkmoo wrote: Hey guys,

I have a $45 BYOD 4gb plan on FIDO

I would like to keep the same plan but upgrade to a new free phone (according to this thread, I can do so)

Based on all my reading my steps would be to:

1. Open new plan on another Carrier Company
2. Receive GCs
3. Put plan on Seasonal Hold
4. Cancel plan after the 90 periods (the GC money will cancel out whatever cancellation fee there is)

I am not particular about the free phone that I'm getting, which phone provides best bang for your buck?

I have here the Samsung A5 and Iphone 6.

Can someone confirm? I am extremely noob at this lol.
You have to do this with Koodo
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4151 posts
2031 upvotes
BC
What's the cheapest plan to cancel with Koodo?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
georgecantstandya wrote: I just got the A5 but the rep told me I had to sign up for $30/mo +$10/mo small tab for tab balance and couldn’t cancel for at least 3 months.

Yes, you got lied to. He's just trying to save his $5 pittance of a commission.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
Feegus wrote: What's the cheapest plan to cancel with Koodo?
Unlimited calls / text with no data.
In your pants!
May 18, 2017
544 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
georgecantstandya wrote: I just got the A5 but the rep told me I had to sign up for $30/mo +$10/mo small tab for tab balance and couldn’t cancel for at least 3 months.

You can cancel anytime. but try to put it on seasonal hold for $15/month for 3 months. Wont get blacklisted so you can keep doing this. Also keeps these deals available. From past threads, people can put it on seasonal hold even if they're reluctant, just need to push a bit.
Feegus wrote: What's the cheapest plan to cancel with Koodo?
Depends on the tab. Doesn't really matter if you're gonna cancel. try to put it on seasonal hold for $15/month for 3 months. Wont get blacklisted so you can keep doing this. Also keeps these deals available. From past threads, people can put it on seasonal hold even if they're reluctant, just need to push a bit.
crayonhead wrote: Is it advisable to do this again if you've done it in the last couple weeks?
kiasu wrote: I got one last weekend n cancelled on Monday..can i do it again?
Try to do it and let us know? Hope you're not blacklisted though.
May 25, 2007
679 posts
404 upvotes
Edmonton
I don't think Koodo cares as much as the reselling company that actually offers the deals (e.g. WOW mobile, TMS, Walmart). That being said, I wonder if someone has actually been blacklisted from buying these deals.
Jan 13, 2017
456 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
I'm at WM Jean Talon West and the rep told me it's 150 GC for new activation. Should i ask for another rep?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2011
5572 posts
1177 upvotes
GTA
vicktnguyen wrote: I'm at WM Jean Talon West and the rep told me it's 150 GC for new activation. Should i ask for another rep?
What phone did you ask for? Some phones are actually $150 GC for new activation...
Jan 13, 2017
456 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
icicic wrote: What phone did you ask for? Some phones are actually $150 GC for new activation...
The galaxy S8 as per OP
Aug 31, 2014
560 posts
899 upvotes
ontario
I'm on Public Mobile right now w/ an iPhone 6. Was hoping to upgrade soon, anybody know what the best deal out of these is for an iPhone?

My understanding is if I went for the iPhone 7 I would receive $225 + $100 = $325 in GC, put it on hold, wait 90 days then cancel and have to pay back the remaining tab of $720? So after that I come out at $395 for an iP7? Or am I missing something here?
Jun 28, 2018
211 posts
111 upvotes
Hi can any buddy can confirm with me I can grab the deal at walmart and stack it with what I got on my account, let's say 'Up to $100 in bill credits over 6 months ($16 off/month)' to have new lilne with Med Tab.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1980 posts
2736 upvotes
GTA
whatyoulookinatbud wrote: You can cancel anytime. but try to put it on seasonal hold for $15/month for 3 months. Wont get blacklisted so you can keep doing this. Also keeps these deals available. From past threads, people can put it on seasonal hold even if they're reluctant, just need to push a bit.
Thanks for the reply.
A last qn - what does it mean to put it on a “seasonal hold”?

Do they pause the account for $15/mo kind of like my GoodLife membership when I’m travelling?

I’be never heard of cellphone companies doing this.

Thank you.
Jul 8, 2009
69 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Growingupisold wrote: I'm on Public Mobile right now w/ an iPhone 6. Was hoping to upgrade soon, anybody know what the best deal out of these is for an iPhone?

My understanding is if I went for the iPhone 7 I would receive $225 + $100 = $325 in GC, put it on hold, wait 90 days then cancel and have to pay back the remaining tab of $720? So after that I come out at $395 for an iP7? Or am I missing something here?
As iP7, it's Large tab which is 480 instead of 720. For $100 GC on Koodo, I don't know how long you have to stay to get it.
Also I think the deal is iP7 32GB, which i think it's too limited memory space though.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)