The last of Us part 2 ($29.96)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2021 4:36 pm
80 replies
Jun 27, 2011
330 posts
459 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
Was super happy to pay full price for this awesome game. $29 is a steal. Good deal OP.
May 6, 2014
166 posts
413 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Getting closer to the $10 bin
Don't drink the tap water
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2011
1344 posts
1192 upvotes
SURREY
Loved the first game but I’m willing to wait for this to show up PS Plus for free, or as a $10 greatest hit.
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7177 posts
9151 upvotes
The NORTH
DjRags604 wrote: Loved the first game but I’m willing to wait for this to show up PS Plus for free, or as a $10 greatest hit.
Arn't Greatest Hits $20?
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1111 posts
756 upvotes
Imagine thinking this game isn't good. Steal at this price.
Apr 5, 2017
61 posts
39 upvotes
Absolutely worth trying for this price. It's the most (GOTY) awarded game of all time. Even those who claim to hate it still go out of their way to tell you how they feel about it, more than a year later. That should tell anyone how impactful of an experience it was for so many.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
15551 posts
5953 upvotes
There are perfectly valid reasons to dislike this game, but if you call it worthless trash then that's a different reason altogether.
Oct 14, 2012
17 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Got in on Amazon. Same price, thanks op!
Aug 27, 2012
587 posts
603 upvotes
Calgary
barrist wrote: Did this game trigger a bunch of people or something?
Story line was not to everyone's liking. Great game overall.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
10642 posts
4739 upvotes
Ontario
empscram wrote: Absolutely worth trying for this price. It's the most (GOTY) awarded game of all time. Even those who claim to hate it still go out of their way to tell you how they feel about it, more than a year later. That should tell anyone how impactful of an experience it was for so many.
I am sorry but that logic just doesn't work.

I've never even tried Fallout 76 because it was reviewed as trash and not following its own formula. All the reviews agreed on that. Just because I view Fallout 76 as trash and talk about it years later, does not mean its good in any way, its still trash. It absolutely ruined the franchise, which was one of my favorite since Fallout 2. By far one of biggest, if not the biggest, Bethesda fail. I can play it for free, but I just don't want to even waste the time.

Now back on topic, I'd actually try the second part of the last of us if i was still gaming on PlayStation. Loved the first part. Though based on what I saw in reviews they certainly took a turn for the worst with story, very very unfortunate.
Jun 15, 2018
50 posts
65 upvotes
thread full of gamers upset because it contained muscular woman and was inclusive to all communities, to the point theyre making up facts lmao

Last of us is a great game, buy it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they remake it for PS5 or something soon
Aug 20, 2009
384 posts
428 upvotes
A technical showpiece that's worth a play, especially if you enjoy the Naughty Dog formula.

That being said, it wasn't a masterpiece. Poor pacing and wasn't a fan of how the story progressed. The new characters introduced didn't resonate with me.

7/10 is my rating.
Apr 5, 2017
61 posts
39 upvotes
Andro wrote: I am sorry but that logic just doesn't work.

I've never even tried Fallout 76 because it was reviewed as trash and not following its own formula. All the reviews agreed on that. Just because I view Fallout 76 as trash and talk about it years later, does not mean its good in any way, its still trash. It absolutely ruined the franchise, which was one of my favorite since Fallout 2. By far one of biggest, if not the biggest, Bethesda fail. I can play it for free, but I just don't want to even waste the time.

Now back on topic, I'd actually try the second part of the last of us if i was still gaming on PlayStation. Loved the first part. Though based on what I saw in reviews they certainly took a turn for the worst with story, very very unfortunate.
Sorry but I'm not sure I understand your logic with Fallout 76, so I have to clarify: You consider the game to be trash and a failure......but you've never even tried it?

The reason I bring up the strong amount of dislike for TLOU2 is that this is a forum for trying to convince people to buy things. If you really don't like a game, why let it stay in your head for a year, to the point where you're actively trying to prevent someone from buying it?
Feb 4, 2019
719 posts
1115 upvotes
ChunkAhoy wrote: Was super happy to pay full price for this awesome game. $29 is a steal. Good deal OP.
I paid full price as well, and had zero regrets. I thought it was an incredible game the first time around as I powered through 30 hours of gameplay in less than 48 hours. I definitely rushed through the second half though in my desire to find out what happens though. So I replayed it again at a more leisurely pace when they released the PS5 60 fps update, and in some ways the replay was better (the 60 fps helped because this game is technically and visually stunning - even the haters usually admit to that).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)