The Last of Us Part II - $49.96

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2020 8:19 pm
84 replies
Dec 7, 2012
884 posts
631 upvotes
Ontario
Big fan of Part 1 here but even this is too much for Part 2. They must have an enormous amount of unsold stock.
Your advertisement here
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5774 posts
5904 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Damn that's less than 4 months. This has got to be a Walmart-flexing-its-muscle sale.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
928 upvotes
NOYFB
Hate the storyline. It doesn't have to go that way :(

No spoiler..
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Feb 4, 2019
542 posts
815 upvotes
To counterbalance those that weren't fans of TLOU2, I absolutely loved this game. Technically and gameplay wise, it's a marked improvement over the first. As far as the story goes, it makes some bold choices to say the least.

Play the game, make your own judgment.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3141 posts
6404 upvotes
Great game, better than the first IMO. If you don't agree with their choices you are probably gonna have a bad time.
Oct 10, 2010
47 posts
52 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks, bought it... Perfect for my upcoming PS5.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3941 posts
2346 upvotes
GTA
Fantastic gameplay. Overall improves on everything from the 1st one. Storyline is bad.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
1025 posts
786 upvotes
I would want my money back even at $49.

Maybe if it hits $20 with GOTY edition.
NOT A WOMAN. JUST GOT A WEIRD NAME. I AM A MAN. THANKS.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1214 posts
848 upvotes
Don't listen to the reviews. One of the best PS4 games available right now. The gameplay and story way better then the first one.
Dec 23, 2019
34 posts
45 upvotes
If you enjoyed The Last Jedi and the Season 8 of Game of Thrones you'd love this 'story'. The way they try to get you to like a character with no redeeming qualities are so shallow my 5 year old could see through them.
A complete mess that has characters with zero consistency and plot holes that are actually laughable. The entire story relies on so many coincidences and flashbacks it isn't engaging whatsoever.

The graphics are great but the gameplay really isn't too different from the original, and the story is such a disappointment that if you enjoyed the first TLOU this is a hard pass. Save your money for Ghost of Tsushima or literally anything else
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4038 posts
4407 upvotes
Ottawa
Don't listen to the comedians in the thread. It is the best game of the generation. They're just mad because of one certain thing.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1876 posts
928 upvotes
Toronto
Great price, one of the best game ive ever played..
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1876 posts
928 upvotes
Toronto
TheLongDark wrote: If you enjoyed The Last Jedi and the Season 8 of Game of Thrones you'd love this 'story'. The way they try to get you to like a character with no redeeming qualities are so shallow my 5 year old could see through them.
A complete mess that has characters with zero consistency and plot holes that are actually laughable. The entire story relies on so many coincidences and flashbacks it isn't engaging whatsoever.

The graphics are great but the gameplay really isn't too different from the original, and the story is such a disappointment that if you enjoyed the first TLOU this is a hard pass. Save your money for Ghost of Tsushima or literally anything else
Wow do you really have to shove your opinion down everyone's throat? I enjoyed the story and it doesnt have to be rainbows and unicorns every game (go back to playing your final fantasy 7 remake). If you dont like the story it still doesnt mean its a bad game. Please stop telingl people how to spend their money.
May 26, 2011
184 posts
210 upvotes
Wow some people here are so hostile about TLoU 2. I was not expecting that at all. Very strange.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3188 posts
828 upvotes
radXge wrote: Thanks, bought it... Perfect for my upcoming PS5.
Might want to hang on in terms of actually opening it, after the game Sony is playing with Spiderman, there may be a yet unannounced dedicated PS5 version in the works, that you won't get for free or even as an upgrade price.
I'm personally hoping they are working on it, I never did get to play it (or buy it yet).
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1876 posts
928 upvotes
Toronto
DrunkTrailerParkSupervisor wrote: "buy the game then find out if it's good" is about the most moronic thing you can advocate for something that has a no-return policy. The fact that naugty dog went on an all-out false-dmca assault on people talking about the game and paid metacritic to scrub negative user reviews should tell you something.
So what? This is a deal thread for a game that normally costs 79.99+tax. Who gave you the right anyway to tell people what to spend or not to spend their money on?
I swear you people have so much time.. spending it on a deal thread you are clearly not interested on buying just to play the game of oh-please-listen-to-my-opinion
Feb 4, 2019
542 posts
815 upvotes
DrunkTrailerParkSupervisor wrote: Yeah, after you spend money? That's not how it works.
Of course that's how it works. You don't know if you like a game or film or book until you experience it. You can read all the non-spoiler reviews you want but that's still not the same as you playing it or watching it or reading it. So if they're interested, let them play it.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4196 posts
2910 upvotes
Just borrow it from the public library if you don't want to pay for it.