Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart Laval Est] Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2019 10.1" 32GB /Black $150

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3526 posts
6643 upvotes
Laval

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2019 10.1" 32GB /Black $150

Deal Link:
Price:
$150
Retailer:
Walmart Laval Est
Need to ask employee to get it from the back store cage

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2019 10.1" 32GB / Black SM-T510NZDAXAC $150

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/samsung-ga ... 0199784204

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=88727633171

How does this compare to the Amazon Fire 10

.
21 replies
Newbie
Mar 17, 2011
65 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Would rather get this than the fire HD. Able to cast using this.

Thx OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2522 posts
1122 upvotes
EDMONTON
That's a really good price for an adequate bedtime YouTubing device. I have the 2015 version and still use it along with my Tab S7.

Just throw Nova Launcher and YouTube Vanced on it and you good.
teksavvy sucks
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
5988 posts
9759 upvotes
Montreal
2Riskit wrote: Need to ask employee to get it from the back store cage

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2019 10.1" 32GB / Black SM-T510NZDAXAC $150 (...)

How does this compare to the Amazon Fire 10
It's a hot deal if you can find it.
YMMV.
Stock track shows 4 at the moment in East Laval ONLY.
Contrary to what the Wal-Mart description says; it's not 32 GB of RAM but 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of memory.
Similar to the Amazon Fire HD 10 that goes for $200 regular price.
Tab A has aluminum casing and a better camera.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3526 posts
6643 upvotes
Laval
Temporel wrote: It's a hot deal if you can find it.
YMMV.
Stock track shows 4 at the moment in East Laval ONLY.
Contrary to what the Wal-Mart description says; it's not 32 GB of RAM but 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of memory.
Similar to the Amazon Fire HD 10 that goes for $200 regular price.
Tab A has aluminum casing and a better camera.

yes bought 2 of them there were 6 in stock

.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
20678 posts
7750 upvotes
Socially Distanced
This is my current tablet, apps crash becasue of the 2GB of RAM. I don't suggest buying it, its too out of date. Also the processor struggles with browsing and intensive tasks.
If only it had 3GB RAM...
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2214 posts
1791 upvotes
BC
I am still using a TD Samsung Tablet from the giveaway many years ago...

Android 5... Not the best but still works without issues other than not being able to get some apps...
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
5988 posts
9759 upvotes
Montreal
Quentin5 wrote: This is my current tablet, apps crash becasue of the 2GB of RAM. I don't suggest buying it, its too out of date. Also the processor struggles with browsing and intensive tasks.
If only it had 3GB RAM...
A tablet is not meant for intensive task.
It's geared towards portable entertainment and browsing.
It's $150... 2GB is fine.
You could buy a $1,200 Surface Pro...
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
20678 posts
7750 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Temporel wrote: A tablet is not meant for intensive task.
It's geared towards portable entertainment and browsing.
It's $150... 2GB is fine.
You could buy a $1,200 Surface Pro...
So to get 3 GB of ram needs a $1200 tablet?
Must be nice to have that much disposable income. I'm not the archetypal RFD 100K earner, my desktop is 8 years old and didn't cost $1200 back then.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
5988 posts
9759 upvotes
Montreal
Quentin5 wrote: So to get 3 GB of ram needs a $1200 tablet?
Must be nice to have that much disposable income. I'm not the archetypal RFD 100K earner, my desktop is 8 years old and didn't cost $1200 back then.
My ThinkPad is almost 10 years old (bought used) and I have a Fire HD 10 with 2 GB of RAM.
I'm not advocating a $1,200 Surface Pro, I'm defending the deal here.
All I'm saying is that the performance of this tablet should be enough for non-geek normal tablet tasks.
You're the one saying it's outdated and the processor lags.
Sure, there's always more RAM, more CPU, faster, better but the $$$ can also go up fast, up to a Surface Pro and more.
But this is a deals website and I think for $150 this tablet is one.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
20678 posts
7750 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Temporel wrote: My ThinkPad is almost 10 years old (bought used) and I have a Fire HD 10 with 2 GB of RAM.
I'm not advocating a $1,200 Surface Pro, I'm defending the deal here.
All I'm saying is that the performance of this tablet should be enough for non-geek normal tablet tasks.
And that for $150 it's a hot deal.
You're the one saying it's outdated and the processor lags.
Sure, there's always more RAM, more CPU, faster, better but the $$$ can also go up fast, up to a Surface Pro and more.
When i switch from app to app it has to reload the app and i have to sign in to online banking over and over again.
Just to use the calculator.

Firefox randomly crashes because the page used too much memory. And this is browsing, not games or graphics intensive pages (i don't do facebook or twitter or other social media). Several tabs is even more annoying becasue each one has to reload when i switch tabs, often losing the place i had read down to. Trying to fill in online forms when i need info from another tab or app is impossible.

Scrolling my grocery shopping list in Reebee is laggy as hell.

This tablet was fine when it was new, today its RAM bottlenecked.
If you can spot me $1200 that would be a very kind gesture Smiling Face With Sunglasses
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
22164 posts
26048 upvotes
Toronto
According to this site it can get up to Android 10 official from Samsung.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy ... )-9582.php

For reference most decent, newer phones are on 11and 12 is on the way.
Last edited by sprung on May 11th, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
20678 posts
7750 upvotes
Socially Distanced
sprung wrote: Accordingly to this site it can get up to Android 10 official from Samsung.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy ... )-9582.php

For reference most decent, newer phones are on 11and 12 is on the way.
Thats kinda the problem.
I used to think sticking on old Androids sucked but Android 10 cut the free RAM causing the issue i am having with it.
On Pie it seemed to have ~900MB RAM free, now it has ~300-500MB free which means apps run out and you can't switch between apps without restarting them/relogging in each time you switch.
So in retrospect it should have stayed on Pie.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2522 posts
1122 upvotes
EDMONTON
Quentin5 wrote: So to get 3 GB of ram needs a $1200 tablet?
Must be nice to have that much disposable income. I'm not the archetypal RFD 100K earner, my desktop is 8 years old and didn't cost $1200 back then.
There are a bunch of options that don't break the bank.

Tab A 128GB - 3GB ram - $300-400
Tab S6 Lite - 4GB ram - $400-500
Tab S7 Lite - 4GB ram - TBA

Tab S7 128GB storage with 6GB of RAM for $700
Tab S7 256GB storage with 8GB of RAM for $900. More expensive for sure, but the SD865+ is way better than any of those Exynos chip
teksavvy sucks
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
20678 posts
7750 upvotes
Socially Distanced
umadbrah wrote: There are a bunch of options that don't break the bank.

Tab A 128GB - 3GB ram - $300-400
Tab S6 Lite - 4GB ram - $400-500
Tab S7 Lite - 4GB ram - TBA

Tab S7 128GB storage with 6GB of RAM for $700
Tab S7 256GB storage with 8GB of RAM for $900. More expensive for sure, but the SD865+ is way better than any of those Exynos chip
But according to Temporel the only option is a $1200 surface tablet.
I had no idea there were more than two tablet models in the universe Smiling Face With Open Mouth

These days i would consider 3GB entry level and 4GB more future proofed.
2GB was standard for many years, it worked fine back then, my Nexus 4 and Moto G6 Play were 2GB but the modern Androids use almost 2GB just to run itself and modern apps are needing more RAM as well.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2522 posts
1122 upvotes
EDMONTON
Quentin5 wrote: But according to Temporel the only option is a $1200 surface tablet.
I had no idea there were more than two tablet models in the universe Smiling Face With Open Mouth

These days i would consider 3GB entry level and 4GB more future proofed.
2GB was standard for many years, it worked fine, my Nexus 4 and Moto G6 Play were 2GB but the modern Androids use almost 2GB just to run itself and modern apps are needing more RAM as well.
I have 8GB ram on my tablet and 12GB ram on my phone..... lmao probably overkill
teksavvy sucks
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2006
1853 posts
1598 upvotes
Temporel wrote: It's a hot deal if you can find it.
YMMV.
Stock track shows 4 at the moment in East Laval ONLY.
Contrary to what the Wal-Mart description says; it's not 32 GB of RAM but 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of memory.
Similar to the Amazon Fire HD 10 that goes for $200 regular price.
Tab A has aluminum casing and a better camera.
New Amazon Fire HD 10 (2021) is coming out on 26th May pre-booking for $199.99 with 3g RAM 32gb storage 5m/2m back/front camera
2021 Amazon 10 Tablet
Kid Edition Pro of same goes for $259.99 with 2 yrs warranty free replacement if damaged. A further discount of $120 for 2 Kid Edition Pro.
Kid model

It is more worthwhile to buy 2 Kid Edition Pro if one can re-purpose into 'adult' mode.

PRE-BOOK now as Aamzon is known for price increase/adjustment after the launch date.
A QUIET MAN IS A THINKING MAN.
A QUIET WOMAN IS A DANGEROUS WOMAN


My Missus said " I don't tell you how to spend your $$, Don't tell me how to spend your $$."
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 8, 2003
8314 posts
694 upvotes
Scarborough
If this tablet didn't work for you, you shouldn't get any Android tablets. Spending that kind of money on S6 or S7 isn't a wise investment, just get an iPad.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2522 posts
1122 upvotes
EDMONTON
Menace wrote: If this tablet didn't work for you, you shouldn't get any Android tablets. Spending that kind of money on S6 or S7 isn't a wise investment, just get an iPad.
Typical applebot that uses a $200 android tablet and then think every android tablet, regardless of price, is the same performance
teksavvy sucks
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
5988 posts
9759 upvotes
Montreal
Quentin5 wrote: But according to Temporel the only option is a $1200 surface tablet.
I had no idea there were more than two tablet models in the universe Smiling Face With Open Mouth (...)
Maybe your tablet's performance isn't your biggest problem.
Your reading ability seems to be lackluster too. ;)

Top