Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch) - $59.96

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2021 6:14 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
Niklasky wrote: It was on sale for the same price (digital only) at Walmart before Christmas.
FYI, that deal included the DLC pass too so that was even better.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Jul 8, 2018
159 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
dotsthewarlock wrote: OOS. Just wait for another 20x SDM and order it online. $80 - $24 (PC Points) = $56
Now that SDM sells games online, and they seem to carry most first-party releases, it seems like this is the best way to buy almost any first-party Nintendo game within years of release.
Banned
Apr 8, 2015
345 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver, ON
IceCreamGee wrote: I honestly can't handle Nintendo's pricing schemes. Exactly why I sold my WiiU and never looked at another Nintendo product again. I had a great time playing it on emulation.
This 100% and this is why I will never own a Nintendo console after the Wii U. Such a lazy company who only release a small handful of AA games a year and 99% of the time it's a re-release of an older game they charge $80.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
IceCreamGee wrote: I honestly can't handle Nintendo's pricing schemes. Exactly why I sold my WiiU and never looked at another Nintendo product again. I had a great time playing it on emulation.
At least the games were actually new on the WiiU. Not nearly as bad as people paying the same and higher prices for the same now many years old games
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2008
1895 posts
621 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
i just placed it for a pick up today... i wonder if it will work... since this is a game vs grocery :P

oh dang, i forgot to uncheck 'accept substitutions'..... LOL i hope they don't sub.
Last edited by Jenniyah on Feb 23rd, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 3, 2008
546 posts
387 upvotes
Ontario
Also bear in mind you can buy this at SDM online during 20x promo for similar price ($80 -24k PC points ~$56)
Dec 23, 2012
173 posts
172 upvotes
L'Ile Perrot
jamesdavid3 wrote: This 100% and this is why I will never own a Nintendo console after the Wii U. Such a lazy company who only release a small handful of AA games a year and 99% of the time it's a re-release of an older game they charge $80.
Agree as well, my WiiU and every game and accessory I have was bought used, waiting patiently for mint condition + best price combos on kijiji.
But with the switch and it's never ending demand I haven't even been able to justify the prices used, especially when a bunch of the games are re-releases of the WiiU versions I already have -.-
So now I am stuck with Zelda Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3, both brand new because I couldn't pass them up at that black friday sale for 49.99 each Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1068 posts
2119 upvotes
Ya i am right there with you. I will vote with my wallet but if the 3D all-stars was any indication, the majority of people will just buy it. I had a tough time swallowing the 3D allstars price, but i got 3 games. This crap with 1 game is just too much for me. I feel like they used the Mario collection as a test to see what they could get away with. Oh and be careful voicing your opinion on any Nintendo Forums, the fanboys will aggressively attack you for voicing your opinion. Sad sad state for consumers....
Mar 26, 2012
283 posts
409 upvotes
Mississauga
Damn, I bought the digital version when it was on sale a little while back. I prefer physical copy though since I display my cases and like the feeling of 'owning' something.
Jan 31, 2008
389 posts
429 upvotes
Etobicoke (Toronto),…
Jenniyah wrote: i just placed it for a pick up today... i wonder if it will work... since this is a game vs grocery :P

oh dang, i forgot to uncheck 'accept substitutions'..... LOL i hope they don't sub.
Too late, Troll & I for you! 🧐Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6106 posts
7131 upvotes
Whitby
toss in one stick of gum. you good.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1281 posts
1147 upvotes
Frig, I've never done multi post quotes... hope this looks right...
Said212 wrote:
I used to feel as strongly about this....my first Nintendo console is the Switch and honestly, it isn't TOO bad under certain conditions.

In my case:
Digital game is $80 at release? I can split the cost via game sharing with my sister in a different country. $40 ain't bad...games that I can't sell/have high replay-ability (Mario Kart).
Physical game is $80 at release or $60 after two years? I can buy it. Play it. Get bored of it. Sell it for $15 less than what I paid.
There's one thing as a nintendo console owner that you don't have much to worry about as a seller and that's the title's depreciation. This is entirely due to nintendo's price stagnant ecosystem which is fine ,but as a buyer - even buying used off classified, you're still paying premium for a title which has already depreciated on another console, or that has been out for a good 2-3 years - better yet - released on a previous generation console.
jamesdavid3 wrote:
This 100% and this is why I will never own a Nintendo console after the Wii U. Such a lazy company who only release a small handful of AA games a year and 99% of the time it's a re-release of an older game they charge $80.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. While nintendo isn't the only manufacturer guilty of this, they seem to be the ones who milk the rehashes the most with their ludicrous prices. I'm quite frankly sick of all these titles coming out as a "remaster" especially during a console launch. Like how unexciting could you really make a brand new console launch?
ReeGee wrote:
At least the games were actually new on the WiiU. Not nearly as bad as people paying the same and higher prices for the same now many years old games
Fair enough about the wii U. I like that nintendo comes with a different approach than the standard consoles. The issue with the wii u was that I didn't want to look two places to get information from "one source". Most of the games used the controller has a map or hud and have to hold a 12" controller which really killed the experience. I'm sure some games did it well but it was mostly a flop. I didn't want to keep pumping money into the console to purchase a "regular" controller, or an adapter to use retro controllers for games ive already owned but would have to pay premium again. The formula didn't work with me. The nintendo switch brings a different flavor that's for sure with the modular controller to make lan games much more accessible but we're in totally different times now (esp for adults).
RedSwagDeals wrote: Ya i am right there with you. I will vote with my wallet but if the 3D all-stars was any indication, the majority of people will just buy it. I had a tough time swallowing the 3D allstars price, but i got 3 games. This crap with 1 game is just too much for me. I feel like they used the Mario collection as a test to see what they could get away with. Oh and be careful voicing your opinion on any Nintendo Forums, the fanboys will aggressively attack you for voicing your opinion. Sad sad state for consumers....
I'd rather voice my opinion about nintendos shortcoming vs opening a thread with a huawei product LOL you need to no shorter than 3 balls to open a thread like that here Winking Face
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
3174 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
It's currently back in stock right now online at Walmart.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7409 posts
6686 upvotes
Toronto
IceCreamGee wrote: There's one thing as a nintendo console owner that you don't have much to worry about as a seller and that's the title's depreciation. This is entirely due to nintendo's price stagnant ecosystem which is fine ,but as a buyer - even buying used off classified, you're still paying premium for a title which has already depreciated on another console, or that has been out for a good 2-3 years - better yet - released on a previous generation console.
100% agree with you. I think if I previously owned a Wii/WiiU, a lot of these re-releases would have turned me off. Because I'm new to the ecosystem everything is fresh to me. I don't even buy any multi-platform games on the Switch because of what you said. I can't justify the price for portability but I know others need it. This Switch console is really the perfect companion to a Playstation as its little brother.
Koodo Mobile
Jun 23, 2020
37 posts
44 upvotes
Prophs wrote: For anyone who missed the Walmart sale today (now OOS), you can select Walmart Grocery and purchase your item for pick up.
I can confirm that Walmart Grocery works. Item is ready for pick up. The price is still on sale for anyone interested.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 1.01.50 PM.png
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2008
1895 posts
621 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Prophs wrote: I can confirm that Walmart Grocery works. Item is ready for pick up. The price is still on sale for anyone interested.
I did this successfully too, and it qualifies for the walmart free $$$ off with first grocery order. So i got a additional 10 bucks off.
Jun 23, 2020
37 posts
44 upvotes
Jenniyah wrote: I did this successfully too, and it qualifies for the walmart free $$$ off with first grocery order. So i got a additional 10 bucks off.
WOW completely forgot about this could share us the coupon code please?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2008
1895 posts
621 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Prophs wrote: WOW completely forgot about this could share us the coupon code please?
Ahhh i think it was Grocery10 or something. Sorry i applied it January and it just sat on my account till I used it. code may be floating around on RFD still?