• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2020 12:34 pm
[OP]
Sep 23, 2010
450 posts
1073 upvotes
T Dot

[Walmart] Lego Boost- Creative Toolbox (17101) clearance $150

A tablet running iOS 10.3 and newer/Android 5.0 or above is required to build and play with LEGO® Boost™. Please visit LEGO.com/DeviceCheck to check if your tablet is compatible. Combine the versatile LEGO® building system with advanced technology to boost your creativity with the awesome LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox. Download the free tablet app to your device and follow the step-by-step instructions to build and code any of the 5 multifunctional models. Experience Vernie the Robot—a moving and talking robot; the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4)—a robust, versatile rover with 4 different tool attachments including a spring-loaded shooter; the Guitar4000—a musical instrument with pitch bend and sound effects; Frankie the Cat—an interactive pet that plays, purrs and expresses its mood; or the AutoBuilder—an automated production line that really builds miniature LEGO models! Bring your creations to life with the app’s intuitive, icon-based coding interface and complete an array of exciting activities designed for each model. This set also includes a playmat for use with specific activities, and a LEGO BOOST wall poster! Please go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of all compatible devices.
• Includes over 840 LEGO® pieces, plus a LEGO Move Hub, Interactive Motor and a Color & Distance Sensor.
• Move Hub features Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity, two encoded motors, activation button, internal tilt sensor and a light.
• Interactive Motor is an encoded motor.
• Color & Distance Sensor detects distance, motion and color, and can also function as a light.
• Check out the cool white, orange and blue color scheme.
• Rotate Vernie’s head to activate its shoulder-mounted spring-loaded shooter.
• Build the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) and try out the different tool and customization attachments to prepare the vehicle for an array of exciting activities.
• Learn how to play a song and rock out with the Guitar4000.
• Look after your own pet with Frankie the Cat. Be sure to feed it the right food—or it might get upset!
• Construct, code and operate the AutoBuilder to produce real miniature LEGO® models.
• Build and code robots and models, and complete exciting activities with the playmat and intuitive LEGO® BOOST app, available for iOS and Android tablet devices.
• Easy-to-use intuitive software with icon-based drag-and-drop coding interface.
• Building instructions for all 5 models are included with the free LEGO® BOOST app.
• This product requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
• Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices. Ask your parents’ permission.
• Vernie the robot stands over 10” (27cm) tall.
• M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) measures over 4” (12cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
• Guitar4000 measures over 1” (5cm) high, 16” (42cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide.
• Frankie the Cat stands over 6” (17cm) tall.
• The AutoBuilder measures over 10” (27cm) high, 7” (19cm) long and 6” (16cm) wide.

https://www.lego.com/en-ca/product/boos ... lbox-17101

Not ATL according to CCC, that was Dec 2018, but matches lowest price within last 2y. Full price still at Lego, Amazon, Indigo and Mastermind.

Someone in previous thread mentions it needs 6AAA batteries but some preliminary research shows it can be hooked up to usb power.

Here's a CNET CES 2017 review
https://www.cnet.com/reviews/lego-boost-review/
7 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2280 posts
761 upvotes
Mississauga
Great set.. got it for my daugher when she was 6 and my son was 4... and she loved it.. 2 years later and both my son and daughter still play with it. It's great they are busy for hrs.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1637 posts
589 upvotes
Antarctica
Why the downvotes though? Too expensive? Bad product?

Was looking for something stem related for a kid and this caught my eye.
Feb 10, 2019
55 posts
13 upvotes
Thanks, wasn’t looking but sounds interesting. Still expensive but pulled the trigger.

Thanks!
Mar 7, 2011
102 posts
158 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks, OP! Nice find. Been looking at this for a while. Was hesitant at $199, but I'm in for 1 at this price. Still expensive, but you're paying for the sensors and motors. I might even let my kids play with it...
Dec 7, 2012
247 posts
430 upvotes
If buying this set buy UGO walmart gift cards first
Spend $200 get $20 back.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4440 posts
2536 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: Why the downvotes though? Too expensive? Bad product?

Was looking for something stem related for a kid and this caught my eye.
Unavailable, angry downvotes.

Great deal and the nice thing is some school's have this. Downside is...can't use it right now learning at home.

Going to keep eye out, this is something that can be used for years on end.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1637 posts
589 upvotes
Antarctica
Ah I see, too bad it's OOS. Fingers crossed if it comes back on sale. A robot kit + Lego pieces for $139.99 (with UGO Walmart extra GC) looks decent to me unless there are options I am not aware of.