• Nov 9th, 2020 2:01 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1608 posts
1377 upvotes
Canada's South Coast

[Walmart] Lenovo 8" Smart Display - $49 at most locations

Walmart has the Lenovo 8" Smart Display on clearance at most locations for $49 and many are showing stock but limited.

Not a bad price for an 8" smart display for a room in your home. It has a built-in camera that can also be disabled with an actual shutter that covers the camera lens. Great for Duo video calling, youtube, recipes, weather and sounds decent enough for music play back.

This was posted a few months back but at the time was YMMV for the $50 price and many Walmarts were selling at $150. It was then sent to expired deals. I thought I would start a new thread given it's now $49 at most Walmart locations with few exceptions.

I just picked up 2 at WM in Chatham ON, they had to go in the back lock up area to get them. Per stock track, it appears they still have 4 in stock at last check at that location. Many other locations within Ontario and other provinces (except Quebec) are showing stock for the $49 price but limited stock.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=193268216037 (as always, Kudos to Seafish!!) Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Cheers! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Last edited by montward on Jul 27th, 2020 11:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
167 replies
Dec 22, 2017
624 posts
1060 upvotes
I have one. Great for its use.
$50 is a great price for any clock to begin with, let alone a smart one.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1079 posts
346 upvotes
Montreal
Nothing in the montreal area.
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1286 posts
1683 upvotes
Montreal
sgmtl wrote: Nothing in the montreal area.
Other than Gatineau (I suppose because of its proximity to Ottawa?), this is 150$ where available in Quebec.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8680 posts
9108 upvotes
Toronto
Great product. Use it daily for Spotify, YouTube and news updates.
Apr 14, 2017
7 posts
31 upvotes
Anyone know if you can stream the camera from other devices, like watch the stream from my phone?
Dec 12, 2012
331 posts
390 upvotes
Saskatchewan
NoCountry4RFDer wrote: Did anyone try to PM using stocktrack before?
Please don't. That's a great way to get the website blacklisted from the API or whatever they're using. Or worse.

Don't try mentioning RFD to the employees either.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1509 posts
231 upvotes
East Coast!
steal of a deal! I've had one for 1 year or so.. use it every day, it's in the kitchen. Great for listening to music also.. (youtube or spotify).
I would totally get another one at this price, but they are out OOS in my area.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
8861 posts
7896 upvotes
Some days I worry it's another platform that Google may not support going forward. I have 2, one was a replacement after it got stuck in reboot loop.

The reboot loop one still reboot out of the blue at least once a day.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7559 posts
7587 upvotes
Calgary
NoCountry4RFDer wrote: Did anyone try to PM using stocktrack before?
Maybe the stupidest guy in town might have tried it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7559 posts
7587 upvotes
Calgary
Grabbed 3 for the hospital giveaways. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3812 posts
1132 upvotes
You can't connect with a cellphone and use it to answer calls, can you? I'm looking to get a bluetooth for a senior that is loud enough to alert an incoming call.
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32856 posts
14572 upvotes
Can someone give a brief rundown of what this thing really does for you?

Seems like a tablet that's less portable, does less, and is just one of those things to waste money on for no reason?

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like "tech for the sake of being tech" moreso than being truly useful?
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14330 posts
30152 upvotes
dhomas wrote: Other than Gatineau (I suppose because of its proximity to Ottawa?), this is 150$ where available in Quebec.
Bayshore has 5 , just picked one up ( I don’t hoard )
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1608 posts
1377 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
ES_Revenge wrote: Can someone give a brief rundown of what this thing really does for you?

Seems like a tablet that's less portable, does less, and is just one of those things to waste money on for no reason?

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like "tech for the sake of being tech" moreso than being truly useful?
I suppose if you have to question the advantages, purpose or usefulness of having a dedicated in-home smart display for something even as basic as using it as a dedicated smart bedside clock/alarm with so many other features,....that you can obtain almost any information from it anytime, make calls without charge anywhere in North America, then this product probably isn't for you.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7559 posts
7587 upvotes
Calgary
Jaspreet14 wrote: I called 2-3 stores
It’s OOS everywhere
Beware, the store I went to, the first guys says no stock. I asked another dude who took me to cabinet I hadn’t seen and said there you go. They are marked at 150$. I asked him to scan as I think they are 49$. He said he is buying them at that price. He was sad when I said I wanted all 3 but I told him there are quite a few still in town.
Last edited by SammyDavis on Jul 27th, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)