• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 5:29 pm
[OP]
Aug 10, 2009
233 posts
153 upvotes
Nation's Capital

[Walmart] LG 55" NanoCell 4K UHD LCD Smart TV, 55SM8100 for $0.02 ??? - YMMV

Saw this on stocktrack and not sure if Walmart would even allow you to purchase this TV for 2 cents.

Some locations still indicates there's stock but as always its super YMMV.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=71919263032
43 replies
Mar 13, 2013
285 posts
104 upvotes
LONDON
ok, I'll bite :)

Kitchener-Waterloo Supercentre has 3 and is listed as $0.02 according to stocktrack.ca.

Post your receipt please.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19044 posts
7283 upvotes
Toronto
Good luck getting any associate to actually let that through lol
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Jan 16, 2013
139 posts
84 upvotes
North York
that's what self checkout is for
deal_with_singh wrote: Good luck getting any associate to actually let that through lol
Nov 2, 2011
64 posts
136 upvotes
GTA
rpage93 wrote: that's what self checkout is for
I would pay money to see a video of someone self-checking out a 2 cent TV.

I'd maybe even pay for the TV if I'm feeling generous!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5285 posts
669 upvotes
I would assume in order to get through, you'd need to find it on the floor, haul it yourself to self checkout, and then immediately go before whoever is running the self checkout finds out lol. If you need someone to check the back or need a CSR to pay in the electronics section or at the cash register, I doubt they'll let you.
Jun 12, 2019
273 posts
395 upvotes
I learned the hard way with the 0.02 barbie jeep, had it in cart and went though self checkout .. saw the price at 10$ for my whole order and stopped me. If any is so lucky to find stock I would recommend buying a big ticket item and returning it immediately after so that your total bill seems a little more realistic
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19044 posts
7283 upvotes
Toronto
You're going to try to take a massive TV through self check out? Something that will instantly bring over an associate since they have to cut the spider wire?
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2299 posts
449 upvotes
Toronto
Dealscavenger613 wrote: I learned the hard way with the 0.02 barbie jeep, had it in cart and went though self checkout .. saw the price at 10$ for my whole order and stopped me. If any is so lucky to find stock I would recommend buying a big ticket item and returning it immediately after so that your total bill seems a little more realistic
That's a good strategy. But once you paid for the item and the receipt describes it exactly with correct details. The sale is made and they cannot force you to return.
removed for self-promotion
May 29, 2017
899 posts
573 upvotes
Canada
Anyone actually get one?
Getting a Wyze V3 Indoor / Outdoor Camera? SEE my FAQ Answers❗ ➡ CLICK HERE TO SEE MY POST

Telus: $45/25GB Unlimited Data [Multi Line + $5/24Mnth Disc.]
Freedom: Everywhere $50 8GB+1GB [F&F + Digital Disc.]
Fonus: Unltd CA/US/MEX Data FREE/Month
Mar 25, 2008
471 posts
938 upvotes
Vancouver
If someone manages to get this tv for 2 cents... that person deserves to change the idiom "My two cents" to "My LG 4k Nanocell"
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1388 posts
1106 upvotes
Gatineau
You definitely can't self checkout a 55" tv
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Jul 15, 2018
824 posts
1166 upvotes
Rob fords basement
They had this on the floor but i didnt think id be able to get to self checkout. I asked on rfd and by the time i got back they had pulled it to ship back to manufacturer the sales lady said. I honestly dont think id be able to get it through self checkout anyhow but have been worth a try.
Sep 22, 2019
87 posts
86 upvotes
Confirmed that the sku shows $0.02 on staff inventory devices. Couldn't find any on the floor though. Good luck
Mar 7, 2007
278 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
One of my friends family member works for Walmart and I remember him telling me a while ago that employee only clearance items are marked down to .02 and typically they are in the back somewhere where only the employees have access. If an employee left it on the floor by mistake and you are able to grab it then consider yourself lucky.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5448 posts
2901 upvotes
West Vancouver
Nubby666 wrote: They had this on the floor but i didnt think id be able to get to self checkout. I asked on rfd and by the time i got back they had pulled it to ship back to manufacturer the sales lady said. I honestly dont think id be able to get it through self checkout anyhow but have been worth a try.
What an amateur move. You had one and let it go.

Your RFDer status is hereby revoked.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1519 posts
1710 upvotes
Nubby666 wrote: They had this on the floor but i didnt think id be able to get to self checkout. I asked on rfd and by the time i got back they had pulled it to ship back to manufacturer the sales lady said. I honestly dont think id be able to get it through self checkout anyhow but have been worth a try.
Lol why wouldn't you just try, the worst is a no. There's a chance you could have got it.
Oct 16, 2017
380 posts
1138 upvotes
This is impossible as they will not let you bring it to the self checkout.
The staff will scan the item and make you pay at the electronics dept.
The same goes to Dysons, which are locked in a cage.
Seriously guys, don't try this and let them know there is something wrong with Walmart's system.
Once they found out, it's all over.
It will kill every deal on stocktrack.