Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

LG 55" NanoCell 4K UHD LCD Smart TV, 55SM8100 for $0.02 ??? - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 5:29 pm
Oct 11, 2018
224 posts
134 upvotes
I went to the Markham location and almost lucked out. Went as follows:

Walked over to electronics, scoured the floor for one. No dice. Young guy around my age at the desk, ask him, he goes to check the back but then gets pulled aside by another customer, so he pages for someone to go look. Got super unlucky with who showed up - keen looking mid-aged asian guy with a price gun in hand. Could tell immediately that he would be anal about the entire situation (one of those "unofficial" managers making minimum wage aka the managers pet). He goes in the back and checks. I see him talking to a lady (presumably a manager?). While this is going on, I ask the young guy at the front to look in the back, he says he saw a few on the top shelf in the back but he couldn't reach it and asked for someone to get one for me.

He comes out, walks right past me and says nothing. I try flagging him down, and he notices and keeps walking away. Eventually he relents and I ask if he found any. He says no. I mention that someone else checked in the back and that they have stock. He mutters something, goes and checks. He walks out all nervously (after presumably finding what I'm asking for), mumbles how he needs to go speak to a manager. At this point I know I'm not getting it, but figure I'll hear them out or try to negotiate something. Manager mentioned he cannot sell the unit because it's showing at $0.02. I just say "if that's the price that's the price". He says he can't sell it and that I should come back tomorrow and try again. I just walked away and said I'm not wasting anymore time (had been waiting for like 15+ mins this entire process).

Am I salty that I didn't get it? Yeah of course. If it had been anyone else in that store, they likely would've gotten it out of the back for me no problem, at which point I'd be home free because I was going to walk it over to the self checkout. Unfortunately, got stuck with the keener employee.. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but c'mon. I used to work retail in school, I'm well aware 99% of employees won't go out of their way to stop you from purchasing price errors. They'll normally just give it to you and let cash deal with it. Guess he felt a nice sense of vigilantism stopping that one LOL.

I'll definitely try to go back during late hours (hopefully no manager will be there, and hopefully the keener that prevented this won't be there either). If I don't get it then, will give up lol

EDIT: Went back, a different guy told me he can't sell me the unit because it's a liability issue (apparently they need to send them back to the manufacturer).
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
6572 posts
8336 upvotes
GTA
brandonw17 wrote: I went to the Markham location and almost lucked out. Went as follows:

Walked over to electronics, scoured the floor for one. No dice. Young guy around my age at the desk, ask him, he goes to check the back but then gets pulled aside by another customer, so he pages for someone to go look. Got super unlucky with who showed up - keen looking mid-aged asian guy with a price gun in hand. Could tell immediately that he would be anal about the entire situation (one of those "unofficial" managers making minimum wage aka the managers pet). He goes in the back and checks. I see him talking to a lady (presumably a manager?). While this is going on, I ask the young guy at the front to look in the back, he says he saw a few on the top shelf in the back but he couldn't reach it and asked for someone to get one for me.

He comes out, walks right past me and says nothing. I try flagging him down, and he notices and keeps walking away. Eventually he relents and I ask if he found any. He says no. I mention that someone else checked in the back and that they have stock. He mutters something, goes and checks. He walks out all nervously (after presumably finding what I'm asking for), mumbles how he needs to go speak to a manager. At this point I know I'm not getting it, but figure I'll hear them out or try to negotiate something. Manager mentioned he cannot sell the unit because it's showing at $0.02. I just say "if that's the price that's the price". He says he can't sell it and that I should come back tomorrow and try again. I just walked away and said I'm not wasting anymore time (had been waiting for like 15+ mins this entire process).

Am I salty that I didn't get it? Yeah of course. If it had been anyone else in that store, they likely would've gotten it out of the back for me no problem, at which point I'd be home free because I was going to walk it over to the self checkout. Unfortunately, got stuck with the keener employee.. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but c'mon. I used to work retail in school, I'm well aware 99% of employees won't go out of their way to stop you from purchasing price errors. They'll normally just give it to you and let cash deal with it. Guess he felt a nice sense of vigilantism stopping that one LOL.

I'll definitely try to go back during late hours (hopefully no manager will be there, and hopefully the keener that prevented this won't be there either). If I don't get it then, will give up lol

EDIT: Went back, a different guy told me he can't sell me the unit because it's a liability issue (apparently they need to send them back to the manufacturer).
That's what all these 2 cent deals are. They aren't price errors it's Walmart's dumb way of marking an item to be returned to the manufacturer or to be destroyed.
Dec 2, 2012
602 posts
954 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I’m surprised no one mentioned SCOP. If it scans at x price afaik they have to honour the price
Check out my gift cards for sale: IKEA, LCBO, Cineplex, Sport Chek, The Source, Crate & Barrel, Crave, Mark's, Best Buy (US) GCs

BST Feedback Score 100%
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2012
1167 posts
3598 upvotes
Canada
OGFree99 wrote: I’m surprised no one mentioned SCOP. If it scans at x price afaik they have to honour the price
That's not how SCOP works at all.

If there is a printed sign displaying a price (which also must include the SKU) then as long as the SKU matches the actual item they must honor the printed price. In fact they will give you the item for "free" or $10 off the item if it is priced at more than $10.

In this example, there's no floor signage saying the TV is 2 cents so they don't have to honor anything.

SCOP.png
RFD: Pick any two.
1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product