• May 29th, 2019 1:53 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4967 posts
9578 upvotes
Ottawa

[Walmart] LifeProof Fre Case for Galaxy S8+, $18.38

Looks like a good price for a waterproof case which still gives access to all buttons, ports and controls. Can submerge 2 meters according to specs.
MSRP is $90 USD (which is overpriced), Amazon sells for $61 (cheapest was $55)
Unfortunately, I have S8 which is still around $60, otherwise, I would probably jump on it.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2410 posts
513 upvotes
Not to say this is not a good deal. LP case are horrible for day-to-day use. It baffle, you can't make out what each other are saying.

In the other hand, if you are doing lots of water sports, this is a good case. But if you want sound quality, this is not the case for you.

For this case, if you have a water sport trip and you need your phone, this is a good case, but as mentioned, it's not for your day-to-day use.
Last edited by Rooster on May 29th, 2019 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of the farm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4967 posts
9578 upvotes
Ottawa
Rooster wrote: Not to say this is not a good deal. LP case are horrible for day-to-day use. It baffle, you can't make out what each other are saying.

In the other hand, if you are doing lots of water sports, this is a good case. But if you want sound quality, this is not the case for you.
I thought it's obvious this is not good for day-to-day. I don't even like protective sceen film. For me it would be good for occasional outdoor trips to protect phone from nature.
Sep 26, 2017
123 posts
413 upvotes
Milton, ON
Isn't S8 already waterproof? why do I need this then?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4623 posts
1935 upvotes
GTA
asfazrq2 wrote: Isn't S8 already waterproof? why do I need this then?
Phones aren't waterproof. They're water resistant. IP ratings are based on in lab test results in specific conditions. It doesn't mean you should jump in the pool with your phone. They're meant more for accidents.

If you've ever dropped your phone or whatever, the seal for water resistance could also be compromised.

Water resistance also isn't meant for salt water or chlorine or other chemicals. Just fresh water.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15639 posts
16786 upvotes
Oakville
This is great for the beach but not for regular use as mentioned. Though I just toss my S8+ in a ziplock bag to keep sand/salt out of the ports. This is definitely better though.

Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1449 posts
563 upvotes
Is this in-store only? Shows as not available for me online?