• Dec 19th, 2015 11:39 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 2, 2012
147 posts
36 upvotes
TORONTO

[Walmart] Lords of the Fallen Complete Edition $24.96

Bit of a deal here for you patient gamers, holiday shoppers, and souls-like game lovers alike.

Found this in one of those 'middle of the aisle random games' racks at Walmart (Dufferin Mall). Three left after I walked out with a copy. Actually cheaper to buy the Complete Edition than the regular edition there at the moment.

Fair price for this bundle if you ask me.

Was available for both PS4 and Xbox One.

21 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1577 posts
1181 upvotes
Quebec City
Nice price. Think it worth it? I've checked this game when it was released but never tried it.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2008
1045 posts
396 upvotes
Calgary
Tempting.

I got the Limited Edition with soundtrack from Best Buy for $5 but I'd prefer to have an all-in-one edition with the included DLC. Does the game come with any vouchers or is everything on disc?

Either way, I'm sure the game will drop another $10 or so. It's not as if the game was super popular. Hell, I'm surprised they even made enough money off the game to warrant a re-release.

EDIT: Quick google search reveals the DLC is on a voucher, as is the standard these days. This trend really needs to end. Nothing more frustrating than buying a game advertising such and such, only to find out it's since expired after opening the game and taking a look at the dreaded voucher. Just had this happen with Killzone Trilogy.
The Best Deals Are The Unadvertised Ones
[OP]
Mar 2, 2012
147 posts
36 upvotes
TORONTO
MercadorHG wrote: Nice price. Think it worth it? I've checked this game when it was released but never tried it.
I think it's great, personally. Despite its lack of popularity, I think it's one of the best games in my collection.

If you like games with a slower, methodical, plodding and deliberate feel to them, then this is right up your alley. The Souls games are among my favourites, so this was a welcome addition in that same vein.

Aside from the art style being great, one thing that stood out to me is the character animations. I don't think I've ever seen a game with more realistic and 'weighty' animations in their combat. Check out some videos to get an idea of what I mean.

With the regular version of the game sitting around $20, the extra $5 for the DLC is definitely worth it, in my opinion. Deal is better still since this is the cheapest it's been by about $10-$15 depending on where you check.
[OP]
Mar 2, 2012
147 posts
36 upvotes
TORONTO
Eoyote wrote: Quick google search reveals the DLC is on a voucher, as is the standard these days. This trend really needs to end. Nothing more frustrating than buying a game advertising such and such, only to find out it's since expired after opening the game and taking a look at the dreaded voucher. Just had this happen with Killzone Trilogy.
I'm with you. I hate that. Especially because one day the servers will go down, and there's going to be a chunk of content unavailable to me that I rightfully paid for. Despite my love for this game, having all the extra content as a voucher is bull***** for any complete/GOTY edition of a game. Give it to me on the disc or give me death!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone played the DLCs? I there a decent amount of content, or is it mostly just weapon and items?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3013 posts
3275 upvotes
Montreal
Eoyote wrote: Tempting.

I got the Limited Edition with soundtrack from Best Buy for $5 but I'd prefer to have an all-in-one edition with the included DLC. Does the game come with any vouchers or is everything on disc?

Either way, I'm sure the game will drop another $10 or so. It's not as if the game was super popular. Hell, I'm surprised they even made enough money off the game to warrant a re-release.

EDIT: Quick google search reveals the DLC is on a voucher, as is the standard these days. This trend really needs to end. Nothing more frustrating than buying a game advertising such and such, only to find out it's since expired after opening the game and taking a look at the dreaded voucher. Just had this happen with Killzone Trilogy.
From my experience, "DLC" like extension, expire on a date similar to 2099-12-31.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2008
1045 posts
396 upvotes
Calgary
SquadG wrote: From my experience, "DLC" like extension, expire on a date similar to 2099-12-31.
It's on a case by case basis. I just redeemed a DLC expansion for Saint's Row. The expiry date was not 2099. It really seems like it's up to each publisher how they want to handle it.
The Best Deals Are The Unadvertised Ones
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1081 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
MercadorHG wrote: Nice price. Think it worth it? I've checked this game when it was released but never tried it.
Fantastic game played it and loved it and I have never played a souls series it's "less difficult" then a souls game apprently but it's great highly recommend I know own all souls games because of it
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1081 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
Stephleref wrote: I checked this game on release too and it turns out the game is a broken piece of ***** so i avoided it. There was a game breaking bug and tons of glitches,i don't know if this was patched but if not 25$ for a turd is not really a deal,no.
I got it about a week after release no issues buy and play
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2001
7084 posts
434 upvotes
Oakville
I picked it up when the "Limited Edition" was on sale. I'm 2/3 through, zero issues so they've clearly fixed most bugs from launch. Not necessarily amazing, but underrated. Especially if you like the Souls/Bloodborne games.
Heatware: canadianpsycho - 200-0-0 http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=249
PS34Wii360ne Owner.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1577 posts
1181 upvotes
Quebec City
So many games to play :(

I'm still in Fallout 4, almost clocked 80 hours since launch and I'm not even at the half of it :|

I'll put it on my to-play pile.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6670 posts
3691 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Agreed on the BS vouchers for DLC.
One thing I've noticed though, is that Sony sticks to those expiry dates pretty much down to the minute it expires.
Whereas Microsoft is very lax with them.
I still have Xbox Live 7 Day Trial cards which were included with some games, dating back to the original Xbox, which still work when activating the codes.
Mar 20, 2012
633 posts
533 upvotes
Vaughan
I bought the limited edition a few month after launch, beat the first boss, and reached a chapel building. There the game crashed, I tried a few more times, crash..crash...crash...If you wonder, there was no scratches on the disc. I figured it didn't want to me to play, so I gave it back to EB games. I own 15+ ps4 games, and this is the only game quits by itself for no reason. I can't say this game is bad or not because I was just at the beginning, but the first boss fight was not impressive at all.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1081 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
rhinos wrote: I bought the limited edition a few month after launch, beat the first boss, and reached a chapel building. There the game crashed, I tried a few more times, crash..crash...crash...If you wonder, there was no scratches on the disc. I figured it didn't want to me to play, so I gave it back to EB games. I own 15+ ps4 games, and this is the only game quits by itself for no reason. I can't say this game is bad or not because I was just at the beginning, but the first boss fight was not impressive at all.
really eh never had this issue
Mar 20, 2012
633 posts
533 upvotes
Vaughan
goleafsgo5 wrote: really eh never had this issue
Well, good for you! The reason I spoke of my own experience about this game is to let people know that unpleasant thing happened to me, so there might be some risks. But if someone thinks this game/price is too good to resist, then I'll say go for it.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1081 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
rhinos wrote: Well, good for you! The reason I spoke of my own experience about this game is to let people know that unpleasant thing happened to me, so there might be some risks. But if someone thinks this game/price is too good to resist, then I'll say go for it.
Note trying to be a dick bud, just saying when did you grab it, I picked mine up a week after launch just wondering how long it took to get to get the patch that's all I meant
Mar 20, 2012
633 posts
533 upvotes
Vaughan
goleafsgo5 wrote: Note trying to be a dick bud, just saying when did you grab it, I picked mine up a week after launch just wondering how long it took to get to get the patch that's all I meant
I played it on Oct 2, 2015, took me a while to dig it out from my trophies. Anyway, hope this only happened to me, and let gamers enjoy whatever games they play.
[OP]
Mar 2, 2012
147 posts
36 upvotes
TORONTO
rhinos wrote: Well, good for you! The reason I spoke of my own experience about this game is to let people know that unpleasant thing happened to me, so there might be some risks. But if someone thinks this game/price is too good to resist, then I'll say go for it.
You're one salty bugger.
[OP]
Mar 2, 2012
147 posts
36 upvotes
TORONTO
Iodine wrote: Anyone played the DLCs? I there a decent amount of content, or is it mostly just weapon and items?
I'd say you can expect to tack on a couple hours for the Ancient Labyrinth DLC. The other DLC is just weapons/armor/items, but still pretty neat stuff.

Considering the Ancient Labyrinth is $8 by itself, I think it's worth the extra $5 to get pick up this version of the game over the regular one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)