[Walmart] Magformers 26 PCS [YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 9:58 am
[OP]
Jan 1, 2018
547 posts
681 upvotes

[Walmart] Magformers 26 PCS [YMMV]

Scored a magformers 26 pcs for 0.02! I’ve officially entered the 2cent club Face With Tears Of Joy

Reg. Price is 49.87

Happy hunting!

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=73065863087
Images
  • 9F6A28FC-B81F-4FC0-9F14-078220F0E2C3.jpeg
  • CFD5270C-1F56-481C-B6AB-A4DB69121A6A.jpeg
Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!
36 replies
Jan 3, 2009
149 posts
76 upvotes
Kanata
Drat! Tried 2 Walmarts which stated they were in stock, but they weren't. ☹️
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14677 posts
4786 upvotes
Montreal
grimm wrote: Drat! Tried 2 Walmarts which stated they were in stock, but they weren't. ☹️
Missed the Dumpster Crew by that much...

The only time I ever find 2-cent items is if they are misplaced and sitting on the wrong shelf. That way the evil dumpster detail can't locate them and I can save the items from the landfill.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1375 posts
259 upvotes
Quebec City
I'm happy with the 2 cents deals, but I feel it's not really useful to post them here... as they are soooooo intensely YMMV it's not so useful for others.
And for the crazy YMMV if it's always discussed here (usually only for that one guy who found the item haha), some day Walmart will stop their manner of handling these 0.02$ product.

My two cents! <----- hahahaha this expression never fit so perfectly than now! :)))
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2185 posts
370 upvotes
Vancouver
My store shows 3 in stock but can't find any. Too bad.
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1375 posts
259 upvotes
Quebec City
Stabilo7 wrote: My store shows 3 in stock but can't find any. Too bad.
Yes, this 0.02$ pricing in Walmart means they are to be taken out of the floor. Some employee already went and check to find them all so they can take it backstore. Not for sale anymore... meaning if you get one, you have to go at self-checkout as the cashier is told to retain the item if anything scan at 0.02$, you won't get it. That's why I'm saying it's so YMMV and shouldn't be discussed SO publicly. I'm always good to talk about all deals to everyone here, not fan of "we shouldn't talk about this one that much as it's so limited we will not be able to get this deal for ourselves"... but this one is a bit different, as it's so rare that Walmart have them in stock een when the stock shows 1-2-3, that it's not really helpful but can bring more and more attention so they close that "loophole".

Edit: They actually already started to close it... as some people reported that even the self-checkout shows "Wait for a staff member to come" in some location, and blocked the sale.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4522 posts
1877 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
My nearest location also shows stock but they are nowhere to be found. They’ve been removed from shelf already.
Dec 18, 2019
74 posts
33 upvotes
Winnipeg
Scored one in Winnipeg, thanks OP. My kid was happy playing with this set all day today Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Sep 10, 2008
805 posts
208 upvotes
So we can't buy at regular price and request refund/ price adjust when it drops?
Jan 3, 2009
149 posts
76 upvotes
Kanata
trilobites wrote: So we can't buy at regular price and request refund/ price adjust when it drops?
Not when you can't find the item. It's been replaced by a 30 piece set with a different UPC code.
Sep 29, 2009
388 posts
187 upvotes
Kitchener
The only store near me that has this price is closed from having the toilet paper aisle set on fire. Ah well. Probably wouldn't be able to grab it anyway, no self-checkout at that location.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1375 posts
259 upvotes
Quebec City
trilobites wrote: So we can't buy at regular price and request refund/ price adjust when it drops?
No... and don't do it! You're not supposed to know the item is priced at 0.02$.
Stocktrack is also not an official inventory check website. Please guys, DON'T show the stocktrack website to any official Walmart or others.
Sep 10, 2008
805 posts
208 upvotes
TIPIT wrote: No... and don't do it! You're not supposed to know the item is priced at 0.02$.
Stocktrack is also not an official inventory check website. Please guys, DON'T show the stocktrack website to any official Walmart or others.
Ok, noted! Thanks
Mar 13, 2015
29 posts
23 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
FYI - I saw some Magformers at Costco in Waterloo yesterday. Can't remember the price but I am sure its a good deal as well.
Feb 8, 2012
180 posts
109 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Just a question on stocktrack. If an item is on the website and available in your store does the price show the "sale" price on the instore scanner? Or only at the checkout?

How do electronics work? A $0.02 to $99 TV, how do you actually buy the thing?
Oct 14, 2015
98 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Grabbed one in Winnipeg! I almost gave up...then I noticed from OPs pic that the $0.02 26-piece set looks identical to the full-price 30-piece set. I looked through the 30-piece sets and found the 2-cent one!! Held my breath as the self-scanner loudly announced "TWO CENTS".... No one noticed, I paid, and left!

Thanks OP! My kids love these!
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1375 posts
259 upvotes
Quebec City
beaugeo wrote: Just a question on stocktrack. If an item is on the website and available in your store does the price show the "sale" price on the instore scanner? Or only at the checkout?

How do electronics work? A $0.02 to $99 TV, how do you actually buy the thing?
Yes the price will scan 0.02$ at the price checker scanners in the store. You should always check it before going to the self check-out actually, just to make sure ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1375 posts
259 upvotes
Quebec City
wpgsahm wrote: Grabbed one in Winnipeg! I almost gave up...then I noticed from OPs pic that the $0.02 26-piece set looks identical to the full-price 30-piece set. I looked through the 30-piece sets and found the 2-cent one!! Held my breath as the self-scanner loudly announced "TWO CENTS".... No one noticed, I paid, and left!

Thanks OP! My kids love these!
That's exactly the way you can find these items. Behind others, or in the sales crate in the middle of the hallways where there a many different items all mixed together.
Don't expect to find them "where they should be" haha That's where the employees would have find them before they even put the 0.02$ price in the inventory.

Good find! Lucky you! :)