459 upvotes
Alberta

LG Velvet 5G Refurbished $239.00

Deal Link:
Price:
$239.00
Retailer:
Walmart Marketplace
Was looking for a low cost but still good phone and this seems like an absolute steal of a deal. LG Velvet 5G for $239.00 with free shipping from a Walmart marketplace seller. Don't think you can do better at this price and the refurbished part doesn't really bother me. Has a lot of premium features including 5G and an OLED display.
56 replies
Mar 22, 2021
246 posts
614 upvotes
well,,, yeahhhhh,,,kinda like no doctor if you get sick. Walk with crutches, you can't run anymore.
[OP]
May 29, 2018
490 posts
459 upvotes
Alberta
nnlnn2 wrote: well,,, yeahhhhh,,,kinda like no doctor if you get sick. Walk with crutches, you can't run anymore.
Velvet is still supported for Updates, and at this price it's a good deal no matter what the way I see it, a year or 2 of usage is all I'm looking for and this is still a relatively premium phone for dirt cheap
Nov 30, 2020
164 posts
228 upvotes
Subsided wrote: Velvet is still supported for Updates, and at this price it's a good deal no matter what the way I see it, a year or 2 of usage is all I'm looking for and this is still a relatively premium phone for dirt cheap
I have this phone and I hate it so much. It's by no means a "premium" phone. My brother hates it too.
Dec 31, 2018
18 posts
155 upvotes
Does anyone know if this is a dual SIM phone?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2019
1281 posts
2329 upvotes
Noobiedeals wrote: I have this phone and I hate it so much. It's by no means a "premium" phone. My brother hates it too.
Well if your brother hates it then I'm out.. Sorry op
Sep 30, 2006
27 posts
12 upvotes
Noobiedeals wrote: I have this phone and I hate it so much. It's by no means a "premium" phone. My brother hates it too.
What're the issues you and your brother have with it?

I've been using my first LG (thinq 8) for the past year and found it to be pretty good, shitty that LG got out of the phone game.
[OP]
May 29, 2018
490 posts
459 upvotes
Alberta
beatdownvictim wrote: MediaTek Dimensity 1000 in this thing.

www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/9/3/ ... ocessor-5g

Not the sd765.

Something to consider.
That's incorrect, it is the SD765
https://www.phonemore.com/specs/lg/velvet-5g/g900um2/

And if it is then it would actually be better:
https://www.gizmochina.com/2020/09/10/m ... agon-765g/

Edit: you may be right although it is still better then the 765G so I would argue it's a better deal now lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androi ... s.html/amp

"While there isn’t much difference in the single-core performance, the Dimensity 1000C outperforms the Snapdragon 765G in the multi-core test by a long margin."
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3859 posts
2266 upvotes
Halifax
LG-900UM2 is the Canadian version. Qualcomm chipset. I own the phone. It is a good phone at this price. A few thing I hate about it is the waterfall display, a useless gimmick that exposes the phone to screen damage. It is too long. Everything else is good enough for what you are paying.
I would not worry about support. Was never LG's strong suit at the best of times. Good phone for this price. Sold poorly because it was overpriced and mediocre, compared to the competition.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
4376 posts
2141 upvotes
I have 4 LG velvets in use in my family ( 2 Pink, 2 Grey) & we love it. for this price its a Hot Deal!.. 128gb, Type C, headphone jack, 5G, 6.8OLED display, edge screen and a 2 year warranty from LG by default. Anyone who buy cheaper Motorola Phones from Costco , should rather pick this.

For this price grab this instead of putting your money in Samsungs, Apples & other expensive phone.. this handset will surely work fine till atleast 2025 & beyond. Trust me

This is a Premium Phone specs & physical design wise, glass & metal body, easy to hold & use as its very slim & tall, not wide.
Last edited by Ridinginoffice7 on Aug 10th, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 1, 2009
437 posts
628 upvotes
Winnipeg
Even before LG folded in the cell phone sector they were not planning on giving this any more than one major update. It was obsolete before it even hit the ground. As a backup phone it's probably not bad but you might as well just hang on to the $250 and put it towards a phone with a little bit more life in it. Several users reviews that I have seen have complained about bad response time on the screen etc. Sorry op, but I have a feeling they will be dumping brand new versions of this phone for less than this very soon
Jun 8, 2012
456 posts
622 upvotes
Ottawa
I've always loved LG phones.

Had an G3, then the LG V20. Loved them both. I like the power button on the rear of the phone and the software.

I moved to an S10+ but would like to have stayed with V50 or something....
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3787 posts
1918 upvotes
Vancouver
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: I have 4 LG velvets in use in my family ( 2 Pink, 2 Grey) & we love it. for this price its a Hot Deal!.. 128gb, Type C, headphone jack, 5G, 6.8OLED display, edge screen and a 2 year warranty from LG by default. Anyone who buy cheaper Motorola Phones from Costco , should rather pick this.

For this price grab this instead of putting your money in Samsungs, Apples & other expensive phone.. this handset will surely work fine till atleast 2025 & beyond. Trust me

This is a Premium Phone specs & physical design wise, glass & metal body, easy to hold & use as its very slim & tall, not wide.
Where are you seeing a 2yr LG warranty? OP's is refurbished (and it's not even indicated if it's factory refurbished) with no warranty info that I saw.

Also note that for amounts over $150, you have to contact 3rd party reseller directly for returns (can't bring back to store).

Normally I'd be fine with LG phones (had a G4 and G6) but would try to seek out additional comfort on the refurb status and seller, even at this price.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
4376 posts
2141 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: Where are you seeing a 2yr LG warranty? OP's is refurbished (and it's not even indicated if it's factory refurbished) with no warranty info that I saw.

Also note that for amounts over $150, you have to contact 3rd party reseller directly for returns (can't bring back to store).

Normally I'd be fine with LG phones (had a G4 and G6) but would try to seek out additional comfort on the refurb status and seller, even at this price.
Once you buy this refurbished phone, send an email to register the phone with LG for 2yrs warranty promise , you should attach a photo of your bill proof of purchase in Canada and IMEI/Serial number at this email [email protected]

They will reply back with a registration number which you should use directly with LG for any warranty issues valid for 2 yrs
Jun 5, 2019
142 posts
233 upvotes
That's a great price. My only worry is condition. The ad doesn't say anything about cosmetic damage. I've seen some pretty rough refurbs. Walmart's return policy is that you have to deal with the marketplace seller for purchases over $150, so you could be stuck with something in bad shape if the seller won't take it back.
Jun 5, 2019
142 posts
233 upvotes
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Once you buy this refurbished phone, send an email to register the phone with LG for 2yrs warranty promise , you should attach a photo of your bill proof of purchase in Canada and IMEI/Serial number at this email [email protected]

They will reply back with a registration number which you should use directly with LG for any warranty issues valid for 2 yrs
I checked the terms and conditions for that warranty and it doesn't cover refurbs.

"The Promise Program applies only to new Qualifying Products purchased in major carriers' stores and their authorized retailers, authorized national retailers, and authorized online dealers inclusive of unlocked devices. Devices purchased as part of an online auction or marketplaces, such as eBay, or classified ad, even in new, like new or refurbished condition are not eligible for the program."
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
This is a 3rd party seller... On walmarts marketplace... For a refurbished item... From a manufacturer that has exited the cell phone business... There is ZERO protection for you.
[OP]
May 29, 2018
490 posts
459 upvotes
Alberta
kr0zet wrote: This is a 3rd party seller... On walmarts marketplace... For a refurbished item... From a manufacturer that has exited the cell phone business... There is ZERO protection for you.
They're a big reseller and on Bestbuy marketplace as well with a 4 star rating, and they seem to have a 30 day return policy and 90 day warranty , it's not like some random guy with no history posting a phone lol, sure there's some risk but considering how poorly LG phones have sold I'm under the impression these phones will be essentially new as they were bought in bulk no doubt, but that's just my logic for buying it