Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Mobil 1 5W20 4L $14.88 after SCOP Very YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2017 12:29 am
Nov 27, 2009
328 posts
844 upvotes
Toronto

[Walmart] Mobil 1 5W20 4L $14.88 after SCOP Very YMMV

Item scanned at $26.88 and price on shelf was $24.88.

I brought the cashier a pic of the shelf price tag and she had no problem applying SCOP.

Please note that there are different SKU's for Mobil1 5W20 and I suspect this SKU is older inventory.

This was at the Walmart store in Georgetown Ontario today and as at 1:30PM I found 3 more jugs left with this SKU - one all by itself near where the rest of the oil is on display (that's where the $24.88shelf price tag is) and two on an end cap.

I suspect this is very YMMV.
IMG_1612.JPG
IMG_1613.JPG
10 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
4757 posts
1331 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't seen 4L jugs of M1 on GTA walmart shelves for months.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2625 posts
1620 upvotes
Alliston, ON
cheapmother wrote: Good deal, but what is SCOP?
SCOP = scanning code of practice

If the scanned price of a non-price ticketed item (an item with a barcode that doesn’t have a price tag stuck to it) is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the item free, up to a $10 maximum. When the item has a price tag, the lowest price applies. When identical items are incorrectly priced, the second one will be sold at the correct price.

Its a voluntary program, there is usually a sticker at the cash register showing that they participate in the program
Sep 8, 2014
613 posts
2020 upvotes
SCOP is where the price scans higher than the shelf price. Retailers immediately remove the the wrong price from the shelf. 1 person gets a SCOP price error deal and no one else. I dont know why people post these.
Apr 7, 2007
852 posts
474 upvotes
Calgary, AB
schade wrote: SCOP = scanning code of practice

If the scanned price of a non-price ticketed item (an item with a barcode that doesn’t have a price tag stuck to it) is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the item free, up to a $10 maximum. When the item has a price tag, the lowest price applies. When identical items are incorrectly priced, the second one will be sold at the correct price.

Its a voluntary program, there is usually a sticker at the cash register showing that they participate in the program
That's pretty cool.
Do the cashiers at the participating stores (ie: Walmart) understand when you point out it scanned incorrectly?
Often I purchased things that don't scan correctly.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2012
1335 posts
617 upvotes
stuff like this i feel should not be in hot deals. they fix the price on the shelf after encountering SCOP. Plus...how many people do you think will get a deal with SCOP before it's changed. Meh...
cheapmother wrote: That's pretty cool.
Do the cashiers at the participating stores (ie: Walmart) understand when you point out it scanned incorrectly?
Often I purchased things that don't scan correctly.
They will not willingly do it for you. You have to ask them for it. When I was a cashier at Walmart a long time ago...I would offer it to customers and seeing the smile on their face brightened up my day :)

I had to record it and show it to my manager so I don't get in trouble of course. At which point, they would go and fix the price.
-_-
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Not a hot deal, this is one shot for you only and will be immediately fixed. It's like posting a deal you got at a yard sale.
Nov 27, 2009
328 posts
844 upvotes
Toronto
I would like to thank the community for the negative comments and downvotes as I am sure it kept fellow RFDer's from seeking this deal.

Since starting this thread I have been able to get the exact same deal a total of 4 times now. SCOP was offered voluntarily by the cashiers 2 of the 3 additional times and in the third a gentle reminder was all it took.

I have now saved a total of $45.20 on this product due to SCOP and I will continue to look for this price anomaly whenever I find myself near a Walmart location.

KA-CHING!

Sept. 4, 2017 - scored 4 more jugs on the weekend all at the same Walmart. Savings now $90.40!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)