Cell Phones

Walmart - mobile number/postal code eligibility check?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2018 2:38 am
Apr 27, 2009
91 posts
9 upvotes

Walmart - mobile number/postal code eligibility check?

Was at Walmart the other day to check out the smartphone promotion. Was asking the rep about promotion and explained that I want to keep the grandfathered plan and but need to get a new phone as my LG G3 has blue screen issues. The rep ask for the mobile number and postal code so to check if I am eligible for upgrade (new phone?). I asked if it is same thing as going to Rogers online account or to Rogers store for hardware upgrade that they forced you to change to a new plan. The rep says it is different.
Does Walmart phone kiosk has access to hidden options or deals or hardware upgrade information based on your mobile number and postal code? Does all other mobile stores have access to this? Are one much better then others like London Drugs, Bestbuy?
1 reply
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
That's just standard access questions every retailer will ask. That's how they get into your account and verify with postal code as anyone can just walk up to a kiosk and give a phone number. They sometimes do get special offers that you don't get to see on your online account. Their portals are different than what you see.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)